Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    That's very good
  • Options
    few lifers in that pic
  • Options
    Respect and understanding on both sides. Good to see.
  • Options
    Very nicely written, great sentiment. Particularly like these lines:

"Football fans are selfish people at times. We concern ourselves with our own club and often ignore those who are having problems at other clubs."

I have no doubt we won't forget what we've been through when this regime inevitably leaves.
  • Options

few lifers in that pic

Phew.......
  • Options
    Nice piece.
    Interesting that he should mention trouble at the Valley in 1971. I'm sure this is the game when millwall turned up to stick their noses in. If i remember rightly they had their noses put out of joint to.
  • Options
    Good article and reflected very well the atmosphere between the supporters. Glad me and the Mrs were sitting a way back in that photo.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

few lifers in that pic

Phew.......
    clearly chopped that photo to spare any children reading
  • Options
    Good read that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Addickted said:

few lifers in that pic

Phew.......
    clearly chopped that photo to spare any children reading
    We're talking Burmley here.

• Options

Myself @CAFC Luke and my cousin are the fans who he spoke to on the green in Blackheath outside the Princess of Wales. He said he had a website but didn't think we would actually see what he wrote let alone get a mention.

He was a genuine chap who got our cause and told us to keep fighting. He was impressed that young guys like us were involved with the volunteering for CARD. Not surprised he wrote such a good piece.

I'm just waiting for the day a director starts buying drinks in the pub for everyone!
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Myself @CAFC Luke and my cousin are the fans who he spoke to on the green in Blackheath outside the Princess of Wales. He said he had a website but didn't think we would actually see what he wrote let alone get a mention.

He was a genuine chap who got our cause and told us to keep fighting. He was impressed that young guys like us were involved with the volunteering for CARD. Not surprised he wrote such a good piece.

I'm just waiting for the day a director starts buying drinks in the pub for everyone!
    Got more chance of Arthur Daley buying you a drink.....
  • Options
    Pass the bucket
  • Options

Pass the bucket

Something still stuck in your throat after Sadiq won the mayoral election @i_b_b_o_r_g ?? :wink:
  • Options
    very good article
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Pass the bucket

Something still stuck in your throat after Sadiq won the mayoral election @i_b_b_o_r_g ?? :wink:
    Did he? We're doomed
  • Options
    best thing ive read on the issue fom outside the club support
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top post!
  • Options

Thanks for the positive comments on my article. Once more, thanks for allowing us our special day and all the very best with your fight to get your club back.

Hiya mate. One of the lads you spoke to on the green in Blackheath here. Good to meet you, and thanks for your kind words on the day and in the article. Once again we all really appreciate the support of other fans! #FansUnited
    Good to meet you too. I wasn't planning to write this article at the time but just include something in my match report. But I thought it was worth separating because what's going on at Charlton is so very, very wrong. We've had our club in a mess at times but the one thing for us is that we've always had a board of directors who are also Burnley supporters, although one of them does now live in Blackheath and always gets the drinks in on Charlton visits.

Good luck to you all with your fight. Football is all about ups and downs, promotions and relegations, and we've both had our share of both. But Charlton Athletic is YOUR club and I hope you get it back as you would like it as soon as possible.
    Thanks again for the kind words. Enjoy the prem, I hope you cause a few upsets.
  • Options
    A good read, Burnley players were understanding of the situation too, as I got chatting to a few of them when I bumped into what must have been the whole team at a services on the drive back from a family wedding in North Wales last Sunday.

Good luck to them in Premier League, hopefully they stay up, even better if it is at the expense of Palarse.
  • Options
    The support from fans of other clubs based on our situation has been 2nd to none. It gives me hope.

• Options

Thanks for the positive comments on my article. Once more, thanks for allowing us our special day and all the very best with your fight to get your club back.

It wasn't special treatment we usually roll over and let most visiting clubs enjoy their day. We were a bit unfair on Middlesbrough, QPR, Hull, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday though - they didn't deserve to be treated the way we treated them.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

The support from fans of other clubs based on our situation has been 2nd to none. It gives me hope.

Apart from Sheffield Wednesday.