Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd match I've watched this season - my perspective on our team

So I only get to watch matches on TV, which means that yesterday's match was the 2nd I have watched all season.

Most our fans are very negative about our players performances, which is natural given that we just got relegated, but yesterday we actually stood up to the league champions and we very possibly could've won that match, had we taken our chances.

Between Lookman, Gudmundson, Cousins and Harriott, our attack is very exciting and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of chances that they created (which they unfortunately couldn't finish). If Vetokele can get back in goal scoring form and Tony Watt returns to us and actually gets played, our attack will definitely be one of the best in League 1. I don't have high hopes of Gudmundson staying with us, but if we are able to get rid of RD, then I think that Lookman may stay, even though he has the potential to move to a Premier League team.

Our defence looked very shaky though, with Teixeira being the only player that I had confidence in. You can't really blame the guys like Fox though, because he was rushed into the 1st team earlier than he should've been.

Basically, we need to keep on fighting against RD and KM, because if we're able to get rid of them and get a new owner who will buy players to fill the gaps in our defence, we'll have a great chance of earning back promotion next season.

I just felt like sharing some positive views in these dark times :)

Comments

• Options
    Fox was rushed into the team when he should have been released
  • Options
    Thanks Karel!
  • Options
    Positive yes but most will be gone anyway so it's irrellivent really.
  • Options
    Coulda, woulda, shoulda.
    We were quite good. We lost. The Riga story. We move on (darkly).
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We invite pressure because we are not clinical enough in the final 3rd.

We lack a natural goal scorer and a creative second striker who can run with the ball.

The two position which cost big money and where you have to pay over the odds to buy.

We didn't buy them and we are rightly relegated.
  • Options
    about the 25th match I've seen this seasoin......one of the better attacking ones I've seen but showed why we are relegated - we haven't a decent striker. Vetokele of 18 months ago may have buried the chances that came his way but still not enough quality up there with him. JBG is the best attacking player we have (alongside TWWW)but probably the last time we saw either in a CAFC shirt

Defending for the 2nd goal was abysmal - you wouldn't find defending like that on Hackney Marshes.....and I said the same for Fox's attacking quality at Ipswich - too many wasted crosses/

saying I thought we played well for 45 mins - but then Dyche got hold of his team at half time. gave then the hairdrying experience & they were a different team 2nd half.

• Options
    They had 4 shots on target and scored 3. We had 7 and scored the square root of a jam tart.
  • Options
    Can't defend, especially at set plays and can't finish. We've been poor in both penalty areas. Was it the players lack of ability or application, or was it the poor performance of the various head coaches? Probably 50/50. The lack of direction from the top also made it difficult.
  • Options
    Warren said:

So I only get to watch matches on TV, which means that yesterday's match was the 2nd I have watched all season.

Most our fans are very negative about our players performances, which is natural given that we just got relegated, but yesterday we actually stood up to the league champions and we very possibly could've won that match, had we taken our chances.

Between Lookman, Gudmundson, Cousins and Harriott, our attack is very exciting and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of chances that they created (which they unfortunately couldn't finish). If Vetokele can get back in goal scoring form and Tony Watt returns to us and actually gets played, our attack will definitely be one of the best in League 1. I don't have high hopes of Gudmundson staying with us, but if we are able to get rid of RD, then I think that Lookman may stay, even though he has the potential to move to a Premier League team.

Our defence looked very shaky though, with Teixeira being the only player that I had confidence in. You can't really blame the guys like Fox though, because he was rushed into the 1st team earlier than he should've been.

Basically, we need to keep on fighting against RD and KM, because if we're able to get rid of them and get a new owner who will buy players to fill the gaps in our defence, we'll have a great chance of earning back promotion next season.

I just felt like sharing some positive views in these dark times :)

I'd normally feel positive and optimistic for next season having watched us match the Champions in the first half, with some very nice football and some skillful individual performances from some very good players. However, the head coach that got them playing that way has now gone, and most of those players will also be gone. So I can find nothing positive to hang on to now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vetokele is the new Jonatan Johansson. One good half-season, never going to happen again
  • Options
    edited May 2016

We lack a natural goal scorer and a creative second striker who can run with the ball.

The two position which cost big money and where you have to pay over the odds to buy.

We had one. We got rid of him straight away
  • Options
    But he may be back!

• Options
    The regime best 11

Hamer
    Gomez Bauer TBH wiggins
    JBG Diarra Cousins Bulot
    Lookman Watt

More or less "the best" 11

It would still get thrashed away at Huddersfield
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

We had one. We got rid of him straight away
    I don't know how you can judge Polish Pete on 2 mins of football :smile:
  • Options
    Pointless as most of those will be gone in a month