Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stadium Safety Certificate

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, but there are a lot of posts today!

I wasn't there today, so only going by what I saw on Twitter...

CAFC can't do anything in the ground for paying customers without a safety certificate from the local authority.

I'd wager that the netting in front of the Lower North, by virtue of the fact it appeared to be blocking the emergency exit route onto the pitch, was clearly a breach of the certificate.

Not being able to control the crowd and having multiple flares thrown onto the pitch must surely also bring things into question.

If we're truly attempting to get the #1stGameOff, then I believe a safety complaint to the licensing authority (Greenwich council) may be a good start.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    "Safety of spectators is nothing to do with the FL, although I gather they were pushing for such measures today. The council is the relevant authority. In fact, the pitch is not an escape route and given the net was placed to allow access to the track I can't see it was a crowd safety issue, to be honest."
    @Airman Brown
    Always helpful to hear from AB's POV (from another thread)
  • Options
    Charlton disabled supporters were prevented from leaving the top of the North East quad at the end of the match, surely that's a safety issue?

Lifts turned off/not usable
  • Options
    BDL's radio mike was turned off post match so he was unable to make any announcements to the crowd.
  • Options
    Although the post-match pitch invasion was friendly (from a fans point of view) it could have gone horribly wrong, because the home and away fans ran on and met in the middle - with the stewards and police only chasing the home fans. If it had turned ugly, home fans would probably have come off like the sofa did.
  • Options
    TeslaGirl said:

Although the post-match pitch invasion was friendly (from a fans point of view) it could have gone horribly wrong, because the home and away fans ran on and met in the middle - with the stewards and police only chasing the home fans. If it had turned ugly, home fans would probably have come off like the sofa did.

This.

Ineffective stewarding allowed both sets of fans in the pitch. It's a credit to those fans that it was a good natured meeting between them. I suspect that in many other circumstances it could have really kicked off.
  • Options
    After the game I walked round from the upper north to the lower west to meet @telmc32. As I went to go through I was stopped my two stewards, who wouldn't let me in. I told them I had just come out and had left my wallet in there. I was told it was the law of the land that I couldn't entry. I told them the law is an ass. I went passed them, they said they would call security, I told them I think they got more problems than a lost wallet. With that they then closed the exit gate, thus stopping others from leaving other than through a small single person gate.
  • Options
    A Burnley guy made it just about onto the edge of the pitch with his daughter who had an inflatable cup. They weren't running into the pitch they were trying to get to the corner flag.

Promptly pulled to one side by blue hi vis and saw them in the car park with the same tosser holding the guy who was explaining his daughter had been sick in the crush caused at the front of the Jimmy seed by the stewards forcing the gates back shut when hundreds of Burnley were pouring through.

Crazy actions on the gates, crazy to stop this one guy and his daughter who were clearly soft targets and then everyone else on the pitch is all fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Next fans forum minutes will make for interesting reading. Can someone compile a list of all the appalling behavior by the club from various threads. They need to be held to account.

They'll just pretend nothing untoward happened and move swiftly on to the next item on the agenda.
  • Options

A Burnley guy made it just about onto the edge of the pitch with his daughter who had an inflatable cup. They weren't running into the pitch they were trying to get to the corner flag.

Promptly pulled to one side by blue hi vis and saw them in the car park with the same tosser holding the guy who was explaining his daughter had been sick in the crush caused at the front of the Jimmy seed by the stewards forcing the gates back shut when hundreds of Burnley were pouring through.

Crazy actions on the gates, crazy to stop this one guy and his daughter who were clearly soft targets and then everyone else on the pitch is all fine.

They really are a joke. They were never going to take on blokes who could clearly look after themselves but target a father and daughter. Absolute tossers.