Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Battle of the NW Quad

What ridiculous Commander gave the order to deploy 20 police to that gate to stop 30 fans getting on when there were 3,000 already behind them on the pitch?

Went on for about 5 minutes, genuinely surprised no one got crushed up against that gate

Comments

• Options

What ridiculous Commander gave the order to deploy 20 police to that gate to stop 30 fans getting on when there were 3,000 already behind them on the pitch?

Went on for about 5 minutes, genuinely surprised no one got crushed up against that gate

It was insanse. The build up had 20 or 30 coppers standing and blocking the view of those in wheelchairs.

It looked pretty scary from my seat and there was a goid chance that had it gone on much longer, someone could have been badly hurt.

The most surprising thing for me was that plod didn't draw their batons. Those at the front of J Block before kick-off were making a point of showing theirs and the sergeant in charge kept grabbing the handle of his and was clearly giving the "fuck with us at you peril" message to supprters.
  • Options
    I think the coppers got into such a battle I genuinely don't think they had a clue what was going on behind them. If you saw it as well you'll know this wasn't a 30 second incident. Could have been very very dangerous without exaggeration
  • Options
    Watched it from the west. Ridiculous scenes. Surreal really. Proper aggro to keep a small enough group of Charlton fans off the pitch while burnley lot flooded on.

I was surprised by how aggressive some of the police were in that tussle. There were guys in their 50s holding their hands up in surrender as old bill were delighting in ott moves to ensure they didn't get into the hallowed turf..... While hundreds flooded on behind them

Weird!
  • Options
    That clip of video went on like that for about 5 mins
  • Options
    That video doesn't show the degree of aggro
  • Options
    My brother was in the middle of that melee. He said the police were pushing people back in the neck causing them to lose their breath. Ridiculous the way our fans were treated. I was on the edge and legged it over the sofa to be one of the first Charlton on the pitch!
  • Options
    cafcinse6 said:

My brother was in the middle of that melee. He said the police were pushing people back in the neck causing them to lose their breath. Ridiculous the way our fans were treated. I was on the edge and legged it over the sofa to be one of the first Charlton on the pitch!

So you were one of the last to see the sofa in one piece eh?
  • Options
    i was in the lower west right in the corner. The old bill handled it appallingly, got in a state and didn't know how to react, so took the aggressive approach. It wasn't a massive deal but for any kids near by a bit scary im sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The shots of the old bill holding the line in one corner whilst hundreds stream on behind them are ridiculous. Then there was the line on the pitch, for what purpose? Who were they supposed to be stopping from going where?

Fucking idiots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New police lead today.

Shit work.

Thank god it did not end up worse.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

cafcinse6 said:

So you were one of the last to see the sofa in one piece eh?
    I'm still in shock now, what a great servant it was to this club.