Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Added on time.

Would the ref only have played 15 secs added on time if we had been leading 1-0 and Burnley needed 1 point for promotion. 6 subs 3 min and several flare interuptions. Should have been at least 6 minutes. Was no added time prearranged with Football League?

Comments

• Options
    A guy quite obviously a representative of the FL was advising the Fourth Official against it, hence why the FO had FO'ed down the tunnel with his balls (or lack of should I say) before the allotted 90. Had Burnley been losing we'd of seen 7-8 minutes.
  • Options
    Burnley losing or Brighton winning and there would have been 10 minutes added on, a pony sending off, penalties given, the absolute fucking lot
  • Options
    Boro v Brighton had 8 minutes added on at the end!!!
  • Options
    Surely the lack of added on time for stoppages is against the rules of the game? I assumed that he had technically abandoned the game at 90 minutes. Not sure what the rules are.
  • Options
    The shorter the game, the less chance of it being abandoned causing more mess for the league. Took the cowards way out
  • Options
    Am I entitled to a refund or money back?
  • Options
    Clever really. Game was never going to finish late as they were never going to add on time.
  • Options
    Probably against all their own regulations.
  • Options
    At least it got that poxy season ended a bit quicker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And then you have that twunt who blew for time when a shot was going in at that match a few months ago. That was apparently ok with some. Bloody joke.

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

So they CAN adjust the rules when they want to!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing that rigid in the laws of the game about added time- there are only guidelines and it's up to the referee's discretion.
  • Options
    It used to be called Fergie Time. Can you imagine what AF would have said if he had been denied the chance to score three goals to equalise.
  • Options

No, but you can have a season ticket for £175. Bargain.
  • Options

And then you have that twunt who blew for time when a shot was going in at that match a few months ago. That was apparently ok with some. Bloody joke.

Where did that happen because it certainly wasn't at the Valley.

Remember Boro being on the attack on the corner of the area and two or three defenders in front of the boro player when a fan blew a whistle.

In any case if a shot was going in a whistle wouldn't stop it as balls are deaf.
  • Options

Where did that happen because it certainly wasn't at the Valley.

Remember Boro being on the attack on the corner of the area and two or three defenders in front of the boro player when a fan blew a whistle.

In any case if a shot was going in a whistle wouldn't stop it as balls are deaf.
    If I remember, it was a Rotherham game where the ref blew the half time whistle as the ball was about to cross the goal line.
    All over the press at the time.

Nothing to do with Charlton.

• Options
    Accrington I thought but could be wrong.

Our good friend Trevor Kettle was the ref.
  • Options
    Fair enough and apologies to I was Floyd for getting the wrong end of the stick. Eventful day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair enough and apologies to I was Floyd for getting the wrong end of the stick. Eventful day.

Blimey, Henry !

Too much sun ?

:smile:

• Options
    I remember it as 'hello it's me I'm the ref' we had some debate on here at the time and I decided after hearing the whole 'well time was up' debate, that ref was wrong and aiming for a look at me effort.

Trevor Kettle is no Keith Stroud abut it was poor for me.
  • Options

Accrington I thought but could be wrong.

Our good friend Trevor Kettle was the ref.

That's the one. Vs AFC Wimbledon at 0-0. Who knows what the final score would have been if it were allowed, but if it had stood they'd have gone up today.

• Options
    yeah, was Accrington and has effectively cost them promotion, disgrace of a decison
  • Options
    From my position at the back of the Lower West, I was intrigued to watch the FO packing up his gear with 89.30 on the big screen and scuttling towards the tunnel, so it had obviously been pre-decided for East to blow for time pretty much dead on the 90. No PA announcements at the end was not helpful to the situation, no doubt a 'management' edict.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

No, but you can have a season ticket for £175. Bargain.
  • Options
    chilham said:

From my position at the back of the Lower West, I was intrigued to watch the FO packing up his gear with 89.30 on the big screen and scuttling towards the tunnel, so it had obviously been pre-decided for East to blow for time pretty much dead on the 90. No PA announcements at the end was not helpful to the situation, no doubt a 'management' edict.

And he would have been fully aware of around 10 minutes of stoppages to play during the 2nd half.

Has there been a precedent set at a previous game or any publicised directive from the FA or FL?

• Options
    Most weeks people complain about too much time, now its too little time.

Did it make any difference to the result? No.

• Options
    In basketball the players walk off the court if the deficit is too big for the time left. Footballers keep going like it means something to try.

I think the managers should be able to say yes/no to the fourth official at 90. If they both say no, end it there.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

That has never stopped with regard to "fit and proper"