Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Times reporting that Riga is on his way

Comments

• Options

Clement was on Talksport this morning talking about tonights Man City game.
    He was asked about his immediate future and and I think he is looking for a much bigger fish than us .

This is his best role ... mouth for hire .. and there is still support for him after he was such a big success at Derby having spent about £20 million on 'class' players .. he won't get a big fish, possibly a sprat or a sardine
  • Options
    Hope we get a really crap and cheap foreign manager - personally hoping Karel returns. Confident it will be a disaster....
  • Options
    Wasn't he on loan to us in the Upton Park days?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

And in the Selhurst era as well
  • Options
    Would we even be willing to pay for the likes of Wilder even if he was interested?

I assumed that was another benefit to Roland of getting network no marks in, they are cheap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilder goes back to Northampton and wins the league.
  • Options
    It'll be the Irish guy that has just left St Trudien, he's young and therefore cheap, can be lured into English football easily as he has no experience at such a high level and can be manipulated because he's worked for Duchatelet before and will want this job to be his "big break".
  • Options

buckshee said:

No one else heard the Paul Clement rumor then or is it just me?

I really hope that this is just a VERY false rumour

Johnny Jackson as player manager anyone!

This is a good shout .. he loves the club, knows all the players, has their respect and has enough good contacts around the country to suit any scouting needs for potential signings or opposition reports .. JJ could be a good manager and I don't think that he'd be a 'puppet' even though he appears to still be relatively 'friendly' with the Duchatelet regime

He'll have some, but I doubt he'll have a detailed knowledge on L1 players.

Our promotion squad cherry picked many of the best L1 players around (such as Wiggins, Hollands, Stephens, Green) plus Matt Taylor from L2, it's this sort of knowledge which we will need
    Cherry pick British players from L1 AND L2 yes think this is what is being looked at,and British manager coming in i would have thought........Riga to popup sometime on other network team.But very little money around unless RD puts his hand in pocket.
  • Options
    AT Oldham just now is one that could do the business for us Peter Shirtliff just saying.
  • Options
    By removing Riga from his position , it takes away any potential reason for players to be loyal/stay ...
    The players like him etc so by getting rid , just gives the player an added reason to leave
  • Options
    We need someone with knowledge of League 1 players, but then again, if we stay in this division for the 2017-2018 season, RD and KM will have knowledge, simple
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly it won't be anyone any good until Roland pisses off.

It'll be the cheapest available yes man.
  • Options

Would we even be willing to pay for the likes of Wilder even if he was interested?

I assumed that was another benefit to Roland of getting network no marks in, they are cheap.

On a one year rolling contract so little cost. His wages there will be low, so money won't be a problem

Bolton have been linked with Wilder as well
  • Options
    It's Simon CLARK not Simon CLARKE.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Had him on loan twice. Played 3 games in total
  • Options
    Let's say they bring in a British manager - that's obviously going to be outside the network anyway.

1. Even from afar, Roland is very controlling and he thinks he knows best. He needs to make sure this British head coach is young enough to say that being manager of Charlton is a big big opportunity and therefore probably "happier" or more accepting to work under such circumstances that this awful regime produces.

2. The British manager obviously knows what's going on at Charlton and is going to most likely already form a negative opinion of RD even before meeting him. Great.

3. This British manager is not going to be paid as much as he would have liked expected or possibly experienced. Great.

4. Unless desperate for work ....as in to pay the bills like most people, he will probably have a gob on him, one that the regime will not tolerate or warm to.

If someone from within the network is sacked or resigns only after a certain amount of months ie Luzon, Peeters, Riga...How the hell will someone that is not.... last even more then 2 weeks.

Powell is different he loves Charlton and is a nice bloke. Powell lasted for roughly 3months.

There is no one in existence that can be head coach, British and not from the network that can directly work under Duchatelet while maintaining a continuous healthy professional understanding relationship.

Richard Murrary said it himself (while trying to sell the fans RDs vision). The most important relationship in a football club is between the owner and the head coach/manager.

Unless the regime rapidly change their way of doing things, you never know they might be doing just that....

Then there is no way we will recruit an outsider suitable British head coach.

We will probably interview one or two but it's just a couple of things that simply won't mix.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    dickplumb said:

I heard that Riga was leaving a couple of weeks ago. Ketts posted that they are interested in Chris Wilder. But I think they will have to change their Modus Operandi before a decent British Manager will join.

This Chris Wilder, who just took the Cobblers to League 1 after publicly begging their owners to sell for the good of the club?

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/chris-wilder-and-northampton-staff-lead-calls-for-chairman-to-sell-troubled-club_sto4999036/story.shtml
  • Options
    Yes, but you're all forgetting that each time we sack a manager, it gets better. Katrien said so.