Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Times reporting that Riga is on his way

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016

I would advise RD to cut his losses and run.

Or, to remove Katrien and anyone appointed by her and bring in a proven CEO and a proven manager with experience of building a promoting side.

If he doesn't go, he needs to do both.

He always seems to do the total opposite of what everybody wants. Maybe the protests should turn in to a mass support for him and then he will soon piss off. It strikes me that he gets off on the idea of being hated.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

No one else heard the Paul Clement rumor then or is it just me?

I really hope that this is just a VERY false rumour

Johnny Jackson as player manager anyone!

This is a good shout .. he loves the club, knows all the players, has their respect and has enough good contacts around the country to suit any scouting needs for potential signings or opposition reports .. JJ could be a good manager and I don't think that he'd be a 'puppet' even though he appears to still be relatively 'friendly' with the Duchatelet regime

• Options
    Can anyone think of a typical PL54 comment about a past manager to help us all make sense of this latest fiasco?
  • Options
    Not really. At least any change from Riga is likely to be a step in the right direction though.
  • Options

Can anyone think of a typical PL54 comment about a past manager to help us all make sense of this latest fiasco?

Twerp
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part of me thinks if it's a British manager, they'll believe they can be the ones to turn it round and be aware of our history stretching back into the Prem etc, potential blah blah. I think most manager's have, or should have utmost faith in their own ability, otherwise they wouldn't be in the job.

But then part of me thinks any British coach/manager must know how shit it is with us at the moment. There's that thing called Glassdoor where prospective employees can view what others have said about employers. Footballing circles are much much smaller. I'd question anyone who wants to willingly come and work here based on that.
  • Options

buckshee said:

No one else heard the Paul Clement rumor then or is it just me?

I really hope that this is just a VERY false rumour
    Pardon? One of the best coaches England has and you're saying no?
  • Options
    Clement was on Talksport this morning talking about tonights Man City game.
    He was asked about his immediate future and and I think he is looking for a much bigger fish than us .
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Part of me thinks if it's a British manager, they'll believe they can be the ones to turn it round and be aware of our history stretching back into the Prem etc, potential blah blah. I think most manager's have, or should have utmost faith in their own ability, otherwise they wouldn't be in the job.

But then part of me thinks any British coach/manager must know how shit it is with us at the moment. There's that thing called Glassdoor where prospective employees can view what others have said about employers. Footballing circles are much much smaller. I'd question anyone who wants to willingly come and work here based on that.

I think this calls for an email to Katrien. I'm sure she'll want to know who the 30 year man would appoint.
  • Options

Johnny Jackson as player manager anyone!

Yes yes yes! But stop teasing!
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I know he always crops up as a joke but he's probably too good for us now.
    Oh ffs! We really are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Probably way below Hockaday standard. Is there a Belgian 4th division?
  • Options

He was asked about his immediate future and and I think he is looking for a much bigger fish than us .

Flounder?
  • Options

Off to Accrington then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Odds on us having 3 or more managers before the end of next season?

Already stopped taking bets.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Agreed. Whether it's players, coaches or management, only those who are ignorant of our plight (and cheap !) or those who will do anything for the money (and cheap !) will come. The former will quickly become disillusioned, the latter of little use. We are in deep deep trouble.
  • Options

Off to Accrington then.
    It was suggested to him that his former boss Carlo Ancelotti was looking for an assistant at Bayern Munich but he would not confirm or deny this.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Twerp
    Most humbly begging your pardon, kind sir!
  • Options
    Further info from Ketts on Dr Kish:

This is what Rory Smith reported:

"José Riga, the Charlton Athletic manager, expects to leave the club when the Sky Bet Championship season draws to a close on Saturday. It will be the sixth time the club has sacked its manager since its controversial owner, Roland Duchâtelet, took charge at the Valley in January 2014.‎

Riga - who had two months at the club between March and May 2014 - only returned for his second spell in south London in January, but has proved unable to help stave off the threat of relegation. Charlton’s fate was sealed with a goalless draw at Bolton on April 19‎."

If Riga ‎does leave, the Addicks could appoint their first British head coach since Roland Duchatelet took charge of the club. ‎

Northampton's Chris Wilder and current Charlton first team coach, Simon Clarke, would be the likely front runners.