Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger out, Martinez out, etc

2»

Comments

• Options

This was what I posted as my facebook status yesterday:

"Laughing at the poor lickle Arsenal fans and their fourth place finish in the Prem not being enough, and the so sad Manchester United followers crying into their porridge because that nasty Mr Van Gaal might not get the sack if they win that rotten old FA cup - boo hoo hoo, you poor lickle soldiers, my fucking heart bleeds for you. Tell you what, I'll swop your perennial champions league places, and your "bad season" being a fifth place finish for our away day in Fleetwood next season, how about that, you whinging piss ants? FUCK OFF DUCHATALET! Morning all, have a lovely Sunday. Come on Leicester!"

A baggies supporting mate is fed up with Pulis too. Apparently he has been putting out sides with 4 centre halves and 4 holding midfielders, they have had no shots on goal seven times this season, and that's against the likes of Villa and Newcastle. It's not that he expects them to set the world alight, but they are just crap to watch.

Tony Pulis is the manager you appoint if you want to stay in the PL, and don't care how it's achieved. His teams are almost the anti Wenger, in that they're packed with physical CBs and defensive players. Other teams play attacking players at full back, WB on Saturday had a back 4 made up of 4 CBs!
    I had noticed that as well about Tony Pulis - it seems that he has become even more pragmatic and defensive in his mindset.

An entire back four made up of centre backs, and a midfield with hard tacklers and runners, but no flair or invention.

It is almost as if he says to his players, that the back eight stay behind the ball and stay solid, whilst if the two guys up front can nick us something on the break, then it will be a bonus.

It may work well, but it must be painful to watch at times.
    Four CB's? LOL.... I've watched one WBA match this season. It was a goalless draw with Sunderland. My conclusion was that WBA were extremely hard to beat but no neutrals would be interested in watching a Tony Pulis side play. Even relegation scrappers Sunderland played better football than them that day...
    Would I want to watch a Tony Pulis Charlton side that stayed up every year, but playing the most boring football imaginable? A difficult question actually
  • Options

This was what I posted as my facebook status yesterday:

"Laughing at the poor lickle Arsenal fans and their fourth place finish in the Prem not being enough, and the so sad Manchester United followers crying into their porridge because that nasty Mr Van Gaal might not get the sack if they win that rotten old FA cup - boo hoo hoo, you poor lickle soldiers, my fucking heart bleeds for you. Tell you what, I'll swop your perennial champions league places, and your "bad season" being a fifth place finish for our away day in Fleetwood next season, how about that, you whinging piss ants? FUCK OFF DUCHATALET! Morning all, have a lovely Sunday. Come on Leicester!"

A baggies supporting mate is fed up with Pulis too. Apparently he has been putting out sides with 4 centre halves and 4 holding midfielders, they have had no shots on goal seven times this season, and that's against the likes of Villa and Newcastle. It's not that he expects them to set the world alight, but they are just crap to watch.

Tony Pulis is the manager you appoint if you want to stay in the PL, and don't care how it's achieved. His teams are almost the anti Wenger, in that they're packed with physical CBs and defensive players. Other teams play attacking players at full back, WB on Saturday had a back 4 made up of 4 CBs!
    I had noticed that as well about Tony Pulis - it seems that he has become even more pragmatic and defensive in his mindset.

An entire back four made up of centre backs, and a midfield with hard tacklers and runners, but no flair or invention.

It is almost as if he says to his players, that the back eight stay behind the ball and stay solid, whilst if the two guys up front can nick us something on the break, then it will be a bonus.

It may work well, but it must be painful to watch at times.
    Four CB's? LOL.... I've watched one WBA match this season. It was a goalless draw with Sunderland. My conclusion was that WBA were extremely hard to beat but no neutrals would be interested in watching a Tony Pulis side play. Even relegation scrappers Sunderland played better football than them that day...
    Would I want to watch a Tony Pulis Charlton side that stayed up every year, but playing the most boring football imaginable? A difficult question actually
    Yep, a difficult question indeed. Well, I can just say that given what we've been through in the past two years I'd happily swap places with WBA fans.... :(
  • Options
    You can totally understand not wanting to be relegated, but the kind of football that is played by WBA must be hard to stomach.

I suppose it would be like having a choice between watching that kind of turgid footie in the PL, and grinding out results, or perhaps watching more entertaining football in the Championship, and winning a few games.

My own favourite season following CAFC home and away was 1999/00, when we won the Championship, with good football, plenty of goals and away victories.
  • Options

You can totally understand not wanting to be relegated, but the kind of football that is played by WBA must be hard to stomach.

I suppose it would be like having a choice between watching that kind of turgid footie in the PL, and grinding out results, or perhaps watching more entertaining football in the Championship, and winning a few games.

You mean like the riproaring goalscoring record-breaking season we'll have next year?

Five years ago, the following were all Premier League clubs: Fulham, Wolves, Bolton, Blackpool, Blackburn, Wigan, Birmingham. None have done well after relegation. Some have struggled more than others.

West Brom are now the only top-tier team from the West Midlands. I think they'll stick with Pulis.