Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thank you Brighton

Comments

• Options
    Had a re think. Still appreciate the Brighton fans but this love in is getting a bit out of hand. They were coming down to the valley anyway. If the come to the Burnley game an all to protest then they deserve all this congratulations.
  • Options
    rina said:
    It's very unique that you have posted this video, sorry guys but they are clearly chanting about getting promoted :smirk:

Great support BHA!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

rina said:
    It's very unique that you have posted this video, sorry guys but they are clearly chanting about getting promoted :smirk:

Great support BHA!
    Huh ?
  • Options

Had a re think. Still appreciate the Brighton fans but this love in is getting a bit out of hand. They were coming down to the valley anyway. If the come to the Burnley game an all to protest then they deserve all this congratulations.

Yup they were coming anyway to watch their team. Did they have to march with us before the game ? Plenty who didn't march stood on the pavements applauding us as we passed. Did they have to sing anti regime chants through the match. Even in the heat of the moment after scoring they chanted anti rat song. Did they have to come behind the west stand after the game to join the protests ? Tosser !!!!!!!!
  • Options

Yup they were coming anyway to watch their team. Did they have to march with us before the game ? Plenty who didn't march stood on the pavements applauding us as we passed. Did they have to sing anti regime chants through the match. Even in the heat of the moment after scoring they chanted anti rat song. Did they have to come behind the west stand after the game to join the protests ? Tosser !!!!!!!!
    It was kind of tongue in cheek BTW. I was pointing out that they were partly doing it cos we went to their protest at the goldstone ground, where they played Hartlepool on the day. Now if they really wanted to return the gesture I was suggesting that they turn up for a match that doesn't involve them (though the Burnley one does in a way due to league positions) and protest along side us.
  • Options

They're a good lot the Brighton fans. Plenty of them jumped to our defence by contacting the Sun when they printed a big article accusing us of chanting Seig Heil (It was the Brighton fans singing 'Seagulls'!) to tell them they got it wrong and a few even made complaints to the PCC.
    Hope they go up and do well in the prem, if for no other reason than it pisses those stripy c***s right off. They call Brighton 'plastics' these days just because they have a new ground and attract a big crowd. That's the palace who have ra ra girls, a PA announcer who's job it is to get their shit fans semi arroused every time there's a throw in, and a large group of spotty middle class teenage fans from the suburbs trying (and failing) to copy the Ultras from the continent. You couldn't make it up. W****rs.

Absolutely spot on!
  • Options

They're a good lot the Brighton fans. Plenty of them jumped to our defence by contacting the Sun when they printed a big article accusing us of chanting Seig Heil (It was the Brighton fans singing 'Seagulls'!) to tell them they got it wrong and a few even made complaints to the PCC.
    Hope they go up and do well in the prem, if for no other reason than it pisses those stripy c***s right off. Palace call Brighton 'plastics' these days just because they have a new ground and attract a big crowd. That's the palace who have ra ra girls, a PA announcer who's job it is to get their shit fans semi arroused every time there's a throw in, and a large group of spotty middle class teenage fans from the suburbs trying (and failing) to copy the Ultras from the continent. You couldn't make it up. W****rs.

Top post MF.

I would also add my thanks to the Brighton fans for their support. Really hope they go up and take six points of the stripey c***s next season (would be worth trying to get a ticket for their games!!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was at the Fans United game at the Goldstone Ground all that time ago along with many fellow Addicks and fans of other clubs.

I have had a soft spot for Brighton ever since.

I thank them for giving such strong support for our cause yesterday and hope they win promotion.
  • Options
    Brighton fans : Respect, good luck in the premiership
  • Options
    We would love to beat them for you but it will be a miracle , sorry. Good luck in the Prem
  • Options
    Gillis said:

The support from the Brighton fans was absolutely fantastic. I've never witnessed anything like it from opposition fans anywhere. Have/Will @CARD issued/issue a statement thanking them for their support? I'm sure a lot has been said privately, but an 'official' public statement from the organisers of the protests after the event would be a nice gesture. It would also draw further media attention to the support that we have from the wider football community.

Great idea
  • Options

It was a pleasure to help and actually really enjoyable. I was chatting to a Palace fan on the train home and could not understand why we gave help and supported you guys, I simply stated, we had class and respect and would always help clubs, even Palace, his comment back summed up Palace ' well we are at Wembley tomorrow and we are premier league and Charlton and Brighton are just nothing clubs....I just smiled, as he realized he was surrounded by quite a few BHA fans who asked him to repeat, he went very quite and got off the next stop. Class day, top fans and best of luck and Oh beat Burnley please, would be a nice act of respect and class as well?

Sounds about right for a palace fans. Those ****'s can manage to sound smug even when they lose.

• Options

Fantastic, collective, solidarity. I had some of my most enjoyable days out at Fans United games at the dear old Goldstone Ground. Also attended some when B&HA were playing 'home' games at Gillingham's Preistfield. Brighton fans took heart from what we'd achieved with The Valley Party. Have enjoyed many decent CAFC away days with the Brighton lads and lasses over the years. Was confident that they'd help us out yesterday and so they did. I learned the words of Sussex by the Sea yesterday evening, when it was sung outside The Royal Oak. Great stuff.

Bit tuneless, wasn't it? You've learned the words quicker than the vast majority of Brighton fans though.

Were you the person who had to go and do something 'middle class' afterwards?

I don't know if this is the appropriate word, but I enjoyed yesterday. Well done for organising such a protest - and cheers for the beers.

Good luck for the future.
  • Options
    That cunt Pardew talking on R5L...urgh, good that we, Brighton and Millwall are all united on one thing.....come on Watford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I read that 'Sussed by the Sea' was written in 1912 and is the oldest song sung at football grounds which is pretty cool.
    Our own RRR was written in 1926 so right here right now we are johnny come lately's
  • Options

It was kind of tongue in cheek BTW. I was pointing out that they were partly doing it cos we went to their protest at the goldstone ground, where they played Hartlepool on the day. Now if they really wanted to return the gesture I was suggesting that they turn up for a match that doesn't involve them (though the Burnley one does in a way due to league positions) and protest along side us.
    Ok take your point on turning up at a game they weren't involved in & apologies for tosser comment had had a few beers :-( getting back to the point I still think it was tremendous support from Brighton & to still be on the protests 40 Minutes after the game when they could of been on the beer or on the way home says it all really.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I think I read that 'Sussed by the Sea' was written in 1912 and is the oldest song sung at football grounds which is pretty cool.
    Our own RRR was written in 1926 so right here right now we are johnny come lately's

Seth - it was sung on the beaches in 1066 by King Harold and his army before our end was taken by the Normans.
  • Options
    ...and a typo, Sussex...doh!
  • Options
    Fantastic gesture. I am sure they would have had numerous other options of their own. It's great other fans understand the position we are in and are so supportive.
  • Options
    What a classy bunch those Seagulls are!
  • Options
    Fabulous gesture . Well done Brighton, good luck to you, and let's hope you get that Premier spot.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm impressed.