Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga in discussions

Just read it on BBC Sport News

next step Meire out

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Huh?
  • Options
    The link below is from the BBC sports page, it says he will discuss his future not that he has been re-appointed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36092047
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Soddit,

Re earlier posting:
    Sincere apologies for misleading anyone.

Thanks eaststandmike

• Options

Clueless? What about Middlesboro and Birmingham at home were they clueless too,Riga isn't the problem.Clueless are the idiots who own and run this great club of ours

Fraeye had a couple of great wins too....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure Riga is a decent bloke and it cannot be denied that we've improved under him, but for me his re-appointment said a lot about the ambition of the owners.

Why can't we get in a young, hungry manager from league one who has done well elsewhere and would love the chance to manage a club like Charlton?
  • Options
    They will keep him and then say 'well the fans wanted stability'
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Riga is just another of rd's lackeys who got lucky last time. Anyone that rd or km employs is/will be shit.

Lucky last time? Have a laugh, he managed to inspire hat tricks from Callum Harriott, Marvin Sordell and now Yaya Sanogo.
  • Options
    Good thing Benni McCarthy's available
  • Options
    For me, I'm not certain he's the right man because our goals conceded record is terrible. We certainly need stability so perhaps we should stick with him but next season will be harder and very pressurized with teams looking to beat us. Not keen on Neil Warnock but I wish we had him instead of Rotherham!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be Chris O'Loughlin's problem next season ;-)
  • Options
    Nebojša Vignjević's Red Army
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    They may just keep him, as they know no other honest manager would take this job with these guys at the helm, they know Riga looks like a fan favourite (although he isn't), and looks like he is on our side. Then they wax lyrical about how stability is key and we have been asking for it.

He is not a great manager (sorry, coach), he used a confidence boost to turn around results - something which most caretaker managers do (and we all know how most of these turn out). They use the lack of confidence the last coach had in the players and the bad mood and turn it around, reinvigorate the players and then they are back to their best. This worked last season when we had something to play for, it didn't this as it was all too late. He is not a great manager, anyone who thinks he is is quite clueless - he is average at best, he would suit a youth team IMO.
  • Options

They may just keep him, as they know no other honest manager would take this job with these guys at the helm, they know Riga looks like a fan favourite (although he isn't), and looks like he is on our side. Then they wax lyrical about how stability is key and we have been asking for it.

He is not a great manager (sorry, coach), he used a confidence boost to turn around results - something which most caretaker managers do (and we all know how most of these turn out). They use the lack of confidence the last coach had in the players and the bad mood and turn it around, reinvigorate the players and then they are back to their best. This worked last season when we had something to play for, it didn't this as it was all too late. He is not a great manager, anyone who thinks he is is quite clueless - he is average at best, he would suit a youth team IMO.

No other Championship team would touch Teflon Jose with a barge pole...mediocre like the rest of the Network. He seems to be afforded every excuse under the sun, yet he had a better hand to play with than the hopeless Fraeye....
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

For me, I'm not certain he's the right man because our goals conceded record is terrible. We certainly need stability so perhaps we should stick with him but next season will be harder and very pressurized with teams looking to beat us. Not keen on Neil Warnock but I wish we had him instead of Rotherham!

Well Riga stopped the goals going in, in the last 5 games we let in 4 goals.

What Warnock did at Rotherham is a miracle really. Unbeaten in 10 with 6 wins, that's promotion form - automatic promotion form! Boro and Burnley have the same number of points from the last 10, Brighton 2 points better.
  • Options
    Best manager the owners have provided us with but then that's not saying much. Whilst I quite like the bloke I still don't think he's that great a coach. His 'success' first time round, which he deserves some credit for, was hugely helped by the type of players he had at his disposal which had been left by those that actually new the league and the club. He's not been able to replicate it this time despite having what the regime have deemed to be better players.

Biggest negative factor for me was the MK home game. He failed dismally for the biggest game which could have made a big difference. I don't care whether he stays or goes. It's the illustrious missing leader and his hapless lawyer that are more important in the short and long term.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Riga is just another of rd's lackeys who got lucky last time. Anyone that rd or km employs is/will be shit.

Lucky last time? Have a laugh, he managed to inspire hat tricks from Callum Harriott, Marvin Sordell and now Yaya Sanogo.
    Well he didn't do it this time, therefore he got lucky.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Riga is by far and away the best Manager these clowns have appointed. He should stay if they are still here (bloody hope not) in August as they will not be able to attract anyone better.

Once they go Riga will also need to go as a new era will need to occur and we can all move on from this nonsense period for the club

To be fair he didn't have much competition.