Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v'd Bolton match thread 19/04/16

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
Evening folks, so here we are then, no point in discussing what if's, as quite simply if we don't win we are in League one next season...thanks RD!!
However a win will take us at least with a little hope to Saturday. As soon as I get the teams I'll bring them to you.....COYR's lets go out with a fight not a whimper!!

Comments

• Options
    Kashi has travelled...
  • Options
    Evening Red, Thanks for your updates in advance
  • Options
    Will participate as usual later.
    Dinner to cook first, might be a bit late.
    Addickted2thereds, if you feel like doing the Bolton thing, please go ahead.
  • Options
    Am happy to provide twitter / score updates although may have to stop briefly for dinner.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    CHARLTON | Pope, Motta, Fanni, Teixeira, Lennon, Suk-Young, Cousins, Jackson, Lookman, Vetokele, Makienok #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 31s32 seconds ago
    CHARLTON SUBS | Mitov, Fox, Bergdich, Kashi, Diarra, Ba, Harriott #cafc
  • Options
    CHARLTON | Pope, Motta, Fanni, Teixeira, Lennon, Suk-Young, Cousins, Jackson, Lookman, Vetokele, Makienok
  • Options
    Nice to see kashi on the bench, but dont understand why Harry dropped to the bench
  • Options
    5-3-2?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Diarra dropped to bench, Suk-Young on the right I presume, why have we no right footed player who can play right midfield
  • Options
    No JBG
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS | That's five changes for the Addicks, with Motta, Lennon, Suk-Young, Jackson, and Makienok coming into the side
  • Options
    No Solly either
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Taxi_Lad said:

No JBG

I think he's got an ear ache still.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Diarra dropped to bench, Suk-Young on the right I presume, why have we no right footed player who can play right midfield

RD decided that would be too conventional!!!!
  • Options
    Three centre backs with Motta and Suk-Young as wing backs?
  • Options
    ....................Pope
    .......Fanni Teixeira Lennon
    Motta............................Suk Young
    ........Cousins......Jackson
    Vetokele...Makienok...Lookman

Is how I reckon they'll play most of the game, with Vetokele and Lookman roaming around Makienok

Interesting to know what's happened to Solly and JBG, as both aren't even on the bench unlike Harriott, Fox and Diarra.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nice to see kashi on the bench, but dont understand why Harry dropped to the bench

Impact sub?
  • Options
    JBG was a doubt after taking what sounded like a nasty kick on Saturday.

Solly's only recently back from a 6 week injury, the run of five games in three weeks (or whatever it's been) may just be a bridge too far.
  • Options
    Against Derby, Solly was subbed and JBG was clattered several times plus reported as having a groin strain.
    Both not fit, I'd guess.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    colin1961 said:

JBG injured , don't understand the dropping of Diarra for Jackson but agree with leaving out Fox who had been poor this season and Solly just don't look the part anymore ..
    3-5-2 formation with Jackson holding with cousins and Lookman pushing on , it looks a positive line up

Ok Sir Alex Ferguson.

Can't resist getting a comment in re Solly and Jackson can you - did they refuse to sign your autograph book or something?
  • Options
    Is it over yet :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

JBG injured , don't understand the dropping of Diarra for Jackson but agree with leaving out Fox who had been poor this season and Solly just don't look the part anymore ..
    3-5-2 formation with Jackson holding with cousins and Lookman pushing on , it looks a positive line up

Given that Diarra has been playing with a broken foot and other knocks probably needs a night off. Harsh on Solly, harsher on Fox. Solly hasn't had his best season, but Fox has been in a fine run of form over the last couple months having a solid defense alongside him and a settled midfield in front of him.
  • Options
    That midfield will get horribly overrun, even vs a dire Bolton. Bad team IMO.. but we'd have to go some to lose this game, Bolton are woeful.
  • Options

That midfield will get horribly overrun, even vs a dire Bolton. Bad team IMO.. but we'd have to go some to lose this game, Bolton are woeful.

I barely recognise the Bolton squad tonight...