Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long before VOTV has more sales than the Official Programme?

Haven't bought a programme for ages and for the first time on Sat I bought the VOTV. What a good read. Made me think looking at the programme seller without a queue and a big pile left to sell. How long before VOTV has more sales than the Official Programme?

Comments

• Options
    Lots of people around me on Saturday reading VOTV
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    New article from Paul Breen now online at www.votvonline.com
  • Options
    This line "We had Nicky Bailey’s penalty that ended up somewhere in outer space." made me spit out my tea over the keyboard. Thanks Paul Breen, I will send you the bill!
  • Options
    tallboy said:

This line "We had Nicky Bailey’s penalty that ended up somewhere in outer space." made me spit out my tea over the keyboard. Thanks Paul Breen, I will send you the bill!

Made me laugh too when I was posting it.
  • Options
    Does the official programme say anything about fans protests? Surely it must address them in some form...

I'm curious as to what the official programme can even write about these days.

Must be a huge plummet in sales. It will probably force them to get rid of it anyway.

I can't for the life of me know who the audience for it is now. No regular or relatively normal charlton fan would bother buying it. For the fact that it was recently known to be the 2nd best programme in the league, it sounds like a decent amount of effort goes into something that doesn't have a worthy return.
    Even though I haven't purchased a programme myself for probably over a decade, it's still quite sad in a way. It's a good for kids and a collectible item.

Katrien has failed so very badly. To be fair she didn't have the legs for it in the 1st place. She only knows how to promote herself when it's going well. That's the easier part.

The whole thing has just crumbled within her grasp and she in particular is the least likely kind of person capable of winning people back.

My only sympathy with her is her psychological state that probably finds it a very hard thing to accept....reality is too much of a challenge for her so she has to just smile, pretend it's not happening and bugger off on holiday.
  • Options
    I am sure there is unlikely to be any references to the current unrest by the great unwashed. There never was during the sellout years either.

It seems that if you ignore it, 'it' goes away as if by magic, but it doesn't does it?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Does the official programme say anything about fans protests? Surely it must address them in some form...

Must be a huge plummet in sales. It will probably force them to get rid of it anyway.

I can't for the life of me know who the audience for it is now. No regular or relatively normal charlton fan would bother buying it. For the fact that it was recently known to be the 2nd best programme in the league, it sounds like a decent amount of effort goes into something that doesn't have a worthy return.
    Even though I haven't purchased a programme myself for probably over a decade, it's still quite sad in a way. It's a good for kids and a collectible item.

Katrien has failed so very badly. To be fair she didn't have the legs for it in the 1st place. She only knows how to promote herself when it's going well. That's the easier part.

The whole thing has just crumbled within her grasp and she in particular is the least likely kind of person capable of winning people back.

My only sympathy with her is her psychological state that probably finds it a very hard thing to accept....reality is too much of a challenge for her so she has to just smile, pretend it's not happening and bugger off on holiday.

Plenty of people still buy the programme, the best bit is probably the historic stuff
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Plenty of people still buy the programme, the best bit is probably the historic stuff
    Who writes the historical stuff after a museum trustee was asked not to write for them no more?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Dave2l said:

Who writes the historical stuff after a museum trustee was asked not to write for them no more?
    Doesn't he do so, but without credit in the programme?
  • Options
    Surely the historic stuff in the programme incites the fans to riot?

• Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Dave2l said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dave2l said:

He might have already submitted all the articles sometime ago, whoever he is.

The historical stuff is very good other than the 23 objects stuff of course.

The in depth interviews with players and staff are well worth a read and if you don't read CL, some unique people don't, it has lots of news.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

Dave2l said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dave2l said:

He might have already submitted all the articles sometime ago, whoever he is.

The historical stuff is very good other than the 23 objects stuff of course.

The in depth interviews with players and staff are well worth a read and if you don't read CL, some unique people don't, it has lots of news.
    The in depth features on current players are worth a read

This week the historical programme exerts were from 1989, including a nice photo of Humphrey and Minto at the POTY awards. Indeed maybe Lennie was only at the game so that he could read his match day notes :smile:
  • Options
    Once again programme sellers were far harder to find than VOTV sellers.

I spotted one seller outside the Covered End (with a large queue), no seller outside the East Stand entrance, a programme stand inside the East stand with no programmes and gave up.

I wasn't bothered either way about buying a programme, but looking at someone's elses, if this the first time we haven't done an annual handbook in 10/15 years?
  • Options
    Pretty sure the annual handbook will be available in September. Programme sales are probably down due to people not being able to find a seller.
  • Options
    No seller in Floyd Road at all. One in Ransom Walk, who sold out initially at 2pm (was eventually restocked). It's amazing how useless they are.
  • Options

No seller in Floyd Road at all. One in Ransom Walk, who sold out initially at 2pm (was eventually restocked). It's amazing how useless they are.

Not really, they have had two years of practice so good to see they have finally perfected it.
  • Options

Oh come on, it's not amazing at all. It's entirely - and sadly - predictable!
  • Options
    Had to go to the west stand food court/burger bar to get my programme. No one really sure who and where they were being sold. Having every home programme since 1977 felt a bit panicked!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And even when there are sellers, they're invisible when compared to how it used to be (and how other clubs operate). Go to any other ground, and programme sellers are everywhere and easy to spot, even if you've never been to that ground before.

If you can't get such basics right...
  • Options

And even when there are sellers, they're invisible when compared to how it used to be (and how other clubs operate). Go to any other ground, and programme sellers are everywhere and easy to spot, even if you've never been to that ground before.

If you can't get such basics right...
    Well, Bury sold out completely at 2.30. But we're not Bury.