Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boycott the Burnley game

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
If we are to protest against Brighton and the Burnley game will be their promotion party, then perhaps we should boycott the Burnley game.

I say this for a number of reasons.

1. It's been mooted that we should boycott a game & this would appear the most appropriate.

2. I can't go anyway, as my mate is getting married :-)

It will be the first home game in any competition I'll miss since we beat Man C 4-0 ? on the first game of the season about 12 years ago.

(Of course anyone that doesn't want to boycott, then fair do's to them & we ALL should respect that.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Especially if the Game is picked for Sky...

Only two points separate Middlesbrough - Burnley and Burnley - Brighton so would shocked if they dont cover those at the moment.

Especially as one of those final matches is Middlesbrough V Brighton.
  • Options

Ha, you crack me up.

Would you be calling for a boycott of it wasn't for 2 :-)

Probably. I think it's the most appropriate game and even "never miss a game" fans like me, can see that the game is utterly pointless from our point of view and will be thoroughly depressing.

If I was ever going to agree to boycott a game, then this meaningless game would be it.
  • Options
    More or less every last game of the season has been pointless since The Palace game.
  • Options
    I will be there, my first and last this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Opposite for mine. Everyone to turn and cause as much mismanagement on the day as possible. Within the law of course.

This ...
  • Options
    Burnley will do enough of that outside of the law, never been to a club where everyone seems to be up for it
  • Options
    you must be joking, train booked and match tickets purchased.
  • Options

If we are to protest against Brighton and the Burnley game will be their promotion party, then perhaps we should boycott the Burnley game.

I say this for a number of reasons.

1. It's been mooted that we should boycott a game & this would appear the most appropriate.

It will be the first home game in any competition I'll miss since we beat Man C 4-0 ? on the first game of the season about 12 years ago.

(Of course anyone that doesn't want to boycott, then fair do's to them & we ALL should respect that.

This is the one we really can't boycott, this is the one we need all the fans we can get to.

Of course I say this as I have cleared my schedule to go.

But really we need them to leave win or lose after having 5,000 outside the Entrance all making sure they get it.

It is not nearly good enough.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm waiting for the announcement that our CEO wants to give them a day to remember and evict the upper west.
  • Options
    The thought of being there as Alastair Campbell lords it over us is unappealing, but I think it'll be an important day for us as the last chance to get together and make an impression before the summer.
  • Options
    Does it count as a boycott because I haven't been all season or annual leave from the boycott because I'm on holiday?
    And do I have put in a Holiday request form?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Yes, I'm waiting for the announcement that our CEO wants to give them a day to remember and evict the upper west.

Police would never have that.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Does it count as a boycott because I haven't been all season or annual leave from the boycott because I'm on holiday?

Not if you're going to Dubai.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

T.C.E said:

Not if you're going to Dubai.
    Cabbles and his bird have that covered. ;)
  • Options
    I am going to boycott this game along with 6 other season ticket holders. Having our home used as a party venue is more than I can stand. Last year was so depressing. Going down while they celebrate. No thanks.
    It will also be good for RD to have a glimpse of what next season will look like.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

You could say the dog ate it.
  • Options
    Sorry guys booked four tickets for west upper v Burnley only my second home game of season.Just have to be in the party/protest for this last game .Could be saying goodbye to ROLAND have to be there.

As for next season will only do away games.

The next two home games COULD PUSH ROLAND OVER THE EDGE........also some other tricks would have been laid on for him..........

• Options

Ha, you crack me up.

Would you be calling for a boycott of it wasn't for 2 :-)

Probably. I think it's the most appropriate game and even "never miss a game" fans like me, can see that the game is utterly pointless from our point of view and will be thoroughly depressing.

If I was ever going to agree to boycott a game, then this meaningless game would be it.
    Leaving a bit of wiggle room in case of last minute jitters from the bride/groom? :smile:
  • Options
    I know what Covered End is getting at. I am not sure, I am going to enjoy another set of away supporters enjoying promotion and success. It was not fun against Bournemouth last season seeing the gulf in class. I want Meire and Duchatelet to see the result of their work. How many missing against Derby, 4,000 season ticket holders ?

If there is an entertaining protest idea or some protest that can get on Sky that needs me the there then I will consider turning up. Other than that I am considering Brighton for my last game.
  • Options
    Boycott and organise viewing parties at local pubs. Sends the message, everyone sees the match and local pubs get some much needed extra revenue before the off season.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I am going to boycott this game along with 6 other season ticket holders. Having our home used as a party venue is more than I can stand. Last year was so depressing. Going down while they celebrate. No thanks.
    It will also be good for RD to have a glimpse of what next season will look like.

Except he won't be there will he and Katrien will arrange a special live feed to his lair in Belgium that concentrates only on those parts of the ground where there is a crowd.
    Forget that last bit because that would be too difficult for her to think of. She'll just lie and tell him that there's a huge crowd outside the West Stand, queuing for season tickets.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Except he won't be there will he and Katrien will arrange a special live feed to his lair in Belgium that concentrates only on those parts of the ground where there is a crowd.
    Forget that last bit because that would be too difficult for her to think of. She'll just lie and tell him that there's a huge crowd outside the West Stand, queuing for season tickets.
    Sky will be there if only for match updates so we could also watch in silence which would be weird and newsworthy. Potential buyers maybe planning to go - should help negotiations for a better deal.
    They will be aware of what support the club can achieve, but show them where we are now.