Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Broner has wasted more opportunity and chances to cement himself as one of the greatest, he had so much talent so much more to give but allowed the outside world of boxing life to impact and influence what is such a short career where as Garcia will just continue to be the best he can

Garcia vs linares now the next real deal bout and one that has to be made
  • Options

Broner has wasted more opportunity and chances to cement himself as one of the greatest, he had so much talent so much more to give but allowed the outside world of boxing life to impact and influence what is such a short career where as Garcia will just continue to be the best he can

Mikey against Linares would certainly be worth seeing although Mikey against Crawford at light-welter would be the showstopper (won't happen of course).

Other options back at lightweight for Mikey would be Flanagan. Or the dream would be Lomachenko who could easily step up to lightweight, I would travel a long way to see that one!!

Add Gervonta Davies to the 130-140lbs range mix and it's easy to see it is the hottest.

• Options
    I'd pick Berchelt at the minute over Davis. Maybe not in a couple of fights time but right now I'd take the Mexican.

Fantastic fighters in and around those weights though.
  • Options
    Now Vasyl absolutely humiliated masiaga last night

Imo if there is anyway it can happen him and linares have to fight he surely can go up in weight his frame can take it easily
  • Options
    Saw a video of him meeting Garcia.
    Both seemed keen on the fight.

Garcia said he only went to 140 for Broner but is going straight back to 135.
    He asked Loma if he wants to fight at 135, both agreed it's a great fight that the fans would love.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    bobmunro said:

Mikey against Linares would certainly be worth seeing although Mikey against Crawford at light-welter would be the showstopper (won't happen of course).

Other options back at lightweight for Mikey would be Flanagan. Or the dream would be Lomachenko who could easily step up to lightweight, I would travel a long way to see that one!!

Add Gervonta Davies to the 130-140lbs range mix and it's easy to see it is the hottest.

Gervonta Davies is the real deal, didn't realise he was only 22 as well
  • Options
    I'd love to see Frank Warren get his rubber cheque book out to get Lomachenko over to fight Flanagan. I'd pay to see that.

Fighting Vasyl is like being surrounded. He doesn't even hit hard because he doesn't need to.
  • Options
    Crolla v Burns fighting at 135, Manchester, October 7th
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Crolla v Burns fighting at 135, Manchester, October 7th

Surely the winner will move up to light welter to get themselves under that shower of titles Crawford is going to Rain down on the division after beating Indongo and moves up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Well Burns was at lightwelter but he's moving back down to fight Crolla.
    I would have thought if that was the plan they may as well make this fight at light welter and see if they can make it an eliminator
  • Options

Well Burns was at lightwelter but he's moving back down to fight Crolla.
    I would have thought if that was the plan they may as well make this fight at light welter and see if they can make it an eliminator

I think Crolla would have dug his heels in about making the fight at lightweight, he's never been a puncher and Burns really struggled to get down to the weight last couple of times he fought at that weight
  • Options
    Arum said next for Lomachenko will be one of Rigo, Berchelt and Salido

I'd imagine Salido would be most likely.
    I'd personally love the Berchelt match up. Rigo vs Lomachenko is the purists dream, has been for some years now too.
  • Options
    One of boxings good guys Maxi Hughes winning the super featherweight area title last night cracking kid great team and family

The one on right is Tom Bell this kid has bags of talent super fast hands, power is there , footwork brilliant , down side loves to get a punch in the face to suss out power he is facing so he can walk them down

But he has a real future

Hope you guys are all going to be following
    Lew smith our own CAFC supporting boxer who makes his pro debut in October

Certainly thing we need to send a charlton life coach party to his debut

• Options
    Follow lew on twitter let's really get behind him
  • Options
    World Boxing Super Series.
    Confirmed ITV have the rights for the tournament.

That's 14 fight nights over the next 9/10 months.
    Expect them on various ITV platforms.
    e.g., First fight (Usyk vs Huck) on itv4 but expect Groves and Eubank fights etc to be on box office.
  • Options
    I know the Super Middleweight Series will get all the press in the UK as 4 of the 8 fighters are British but it's all about the cruiserweight Series for me.

Only 1 world champion from the 168 division.
    DeGale and Ramirez would have made it.

The crusierweight tournament has 3 of 4 champions, only Lebedev is missing.
    Genuine contenders make up the rest of the draw. Every match up is high quality but as there are no Brits it won't get the press in this country.

To the boxing fans it's class, but to the general public it's nothing special.
  • Options
    I think Eubank loses against anvil it's a tough test
  • Options

Is he any good? Amateur background? Seems a good lad.
  • Options

Is it? I'll readily admit I know nothing about the guy he's fighting, I assume he's got some pedigree to be in the competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Is it? I'll readily admit I know nothing about the guy he's fighting, I assume he's got some pedigree to be in the competition.
    I got Eubank winning it. I do think his first fight will be hard. I see groves as too fragile and looks past his prime to me and I was a big fan. I have never been a fan of Callus Smith and think he is overrated and will surely start to struggle with step up in competition and weight the size of him!
  • Options
    Cal smith the best in the group closely followed by groves and will be them two in the final imo

The Turk who Eubank faces is a tough bastd carts , 16 wins 10 ko

Nisse Saurland told me that he is the one in that division who can distrupt the whole brits domination

And both groves and smith were very keen to ensure they never faced him

Sr was not happy that he had him
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

I won't say I know anything about his amateur back ground

We have had a few chats and I like what I am hearing,

And he is one of us so worthy of our support

I'd like to think on here there's enough of us who love our boxing to muscle up to his pro debut
  • Options
    Couldn't Eubank have picked the American as they were seeded third. The Turkish fighter looks good but made for Eubank as he comes straight forward
  • Options
    Eubank won't hurt him I don't think that JR has any sort of power to deter anyone from walking forward , imo this kid is like a very young abraham and he will catch Eubank and either ko or tko him
  • Options
    I think everyone was expecting Eubank to pick the American (Brant).

The only explanation I can think why he picked Avni was because he was training for the Abraham fight and Avni is a similar style so he could use the Abraham fight as a warm up/practice fight.
  • Options

Cal smith the best in the group closely followed by groves and will be them two in the final imo

The Turk who Eubank faces is a tough bastd carts , 16 wins 10 ko

Nisse Saurland told me that he is the one in that division who can distrupt the whole brits domination

And both groves and smith were very keen to ensure they never faced him

Sr was not happy that he had him

Would agree with your two finalists although would give the edge to George, still.

I hope Eubank beats Yildirim to set up the Groves semi - where I would expect George to destroy him!
    But as you say Eubank faces a tough nut in the Turk.

Looking forward to this (and the Cruisers) and will try to get to some of the events.
  • Options

cs1986 said:

I won't say I know anything about his amateur back ground

We have had a few chats and I like what I am hearing,

And he is one of us so worthy of our support

I'd like to think on here there's enough of us who love our boxing to muscle up to his pro debut
    do we know when/where he's fighting yet? I'd be keen to supoport one of our own, I know how tough ticket sales can be for the first few pro fights.
  • Options
    Joshua to defend against 36 year old Kubrat Pulev at the Millenium Stadium. I can see that putting a lot of bums on seats...