Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insights from a Manager.

With Charlton playing Welling every pre-season I've always felt a close connection between us and them... Naturally it helps because I grew up only 10-mins up the road from Park View Road and I guess there are other Charlton fans out there who have a closer affinity with the likes of Dartford / Ebbsfleet / Bromley.

One of my mates is a Welling Season Ticket Holder though and it appears that their season has gone the same way as our own with poor Managerial appointments and poor football leaving them looking at a return to a lower tier once more... This morning he's sent me a link to their Forum as ex-Manager Jody Brown has posted on there with some really interesting views about his short time there, its not in the same sense as Leon Cort on here though as Jody has also taken the time to respond to fan questions about his time in charge.

Recommend everyone to have a read as is a good insight into the mind of a Manager (especially at a Lower-League side) yet makes you wonder if there are similarities there between him and Bob Peeters when he was sacked as Manager of Charlton and replaced by a mate of the owner.

http://wellingunited.activeboard.com/t61851734/club-policy-amp-decline-future-amp-recent-past/

Comments

• Options
    Lot of stuff I didn't know there, not good news
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Very interesting read. Would genuinely be interested to see Peeters & Luzon do the same on here. If anything for their own take of running a team under the mental regime in the boardroom.

Not Fraeye though. He can jog on. ;-)
  • Options
    I can't wait for the beans to be spilt on this lot when they are gone. I would imagine hollywood scrambling for the rights to this blockbuster.
  • Options
    Thought this was going to some kind of Karel Fraeye related thread - then saw the word Interim was missing.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I can't wait for the beans to be spilt on this lot when they are gone. I would imagine hollywood scrambling for the rights to this blockbuster.

The classification: a tragedy-farce with repeated scenes of jeopardy, simulated sex on the pitch and mild* swearing from the fans.

* Not including @Nicholas
  • Options

1StevieG said:

The classification: a tragedy-farce with repeated scenes of jeopardy, simulated sex on the pitch and mild* swearing from the fans.

* Not including @Nicholas
    Rated R ( for Roland ).
  • Options
    Interestingly, Jody's deleted his post. The plot thickens.
  • Options
    Sounded as if someone on the inside was ratting on him on the fórum. He did mention that he thought his post might be deleted, and that's what seems to have happened. Man, if they only had 12 players at one stage last season, as a Dartford fan, I have nothing but envy for what they achieved while we were going dow, but sounds as if what happened last season has caught up with them a bit. Similar size club to Dartford, and always punching above their weight in the national league, but it sounds as if they may have problems in the back rooms. They haven't got a Belgian CEO have they?
  • Options
    Shame that his post was deleted... Football Clubs really do hate the truth getting out there these days dont they, if they hate it so much why dont they just include a Confidentiality Agreement in Contracts when a Manager signs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody hell its been deleted. Wanted to read that as well and thought I'd come back to it today.

• Options
    My fault, should have posted the quotes on here
  • Options

First Reza and now this - our relationship is at breaking point now. (:
  • Options

I told you weeks ago we should have gone for counselling together but noooo... You said you wanted to get a cat!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I told you weeks ago we should have gone for counselling together but noooo... You said you wanted to get a cat!!
    I do wish you wouldn't broadcast our relationship on here - you've made me feel dirty and cheap.
    I still want the Cat - not calling it Roly though as you suggested.
  • Options

I do wish you wouldn't broadcast our relationship on here - you've made me feel dirty and cheap.
    Nor are we calling it Katty as you wanted...

I know you want to order our owners around but calling it Katty sounds too much like cat despite being a shortened version of Katrien!!
  • Options

I would have thought calling the pussy Roland would have been a good shout.
  • Options

I would have thought calling the pussy Roland would have been a good shout.
    i would usually go with it, but he named our Tortoise Jacko, and our gerbil Reza.

Why should ge get to choose all the time? (:
  • Options
    Didn't he take welling from mid table to relegation zone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn't he take welling from mid table to relegation zone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31710172

Got one point in nine matches which saw Welling slip from 16th to 20th.

The comments from Jody make it sound understandable though, i.e. the club were only doing well because they were playing for the Manager rather than the club and stupid individual mistakes were being made when they were in winning positions.

Makes you wonder how many were playing for Powell rather than the club (i.e. despite going downhill under his reign I could imagine Bradley Pritchard playing for Powell over playing for Charlton)