Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: 12pm announcement - Reading home

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Also, how can it be unexpected if they're expecting it.

I suspect that CARD know that something is about to happen but seeing as they haven't endorsed it (and it might be considered slightly more provocative than usual) they are keeping quiet.
    Assuming that this is not a hint of a Japanese consortium...

Seriously though, a torpedo attack would be worse than bloody useless.
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

If a boycotter falls over at home and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?Are you against the season ticket boycott then?! Seems CARD are above criticism. Crowd won't be as high as earlier FFAF crowds, that will give quite a loud message.

As a matter of interest, who would get the loud message?

RD? KM? Media?

The only message they'd take from I is that the regime tried but the fans couldn't be arsed.

For a boycott to have any impact, beyond this forum, we'd need roughly 90% of our fans not being there and, ideally, opposition fans doing the same.
  • Options
    Someone going to blow the whistle on this?
  • Options
    On my way from giving out the card programmes I saw a lad being pulled by the police for having a flare.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's been asked before but how do I donate to CARD?
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Donate to the protest fund: Supporters have so far donated more than £10,000 to a protest fund established by two fans to pay for a variety of protest activities, including but not limited to those organised by CARD.
    Donations can be made by bank transfer using the following details:

Protest Fund
    Sort code: 20-68-04
    Account number: 50661678
    Members of the Charlton Life forum should give their CL user name as a reference; otherwise please quote the reference “PF” and your name. Payments can be made by PayPal – send a personal message to @Curb_It via the CL forum
    Enquiries can be sent to Alan Davis via alan.davis27@btinternet.com.
  • Options
    What's wrong with tennis balls?

Some might interpret them as a tribute to Murray.

(Didn't say which one)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Daggs said:

Donate to the protest fund: Supporters have so far donated more than £10,000 to a protest fund established by two fans to pay for a variety of protest activities, including but not limited to those organised by CARD.
    Donations can be made by bank transfer using the following details:

Protest Fund
    Sort code: 20-68-04
    Account number: 50661678
    Members of the Charlton Life forum should give their CL user name as a reference; otherwise please quote the reference “PF” and your name. Payments can be made by PayPal – send a personal message to @Curb_It via the CL forum
    Enquiries can be sent to Alan Davis via alan.davis27@btinternet.com.
    Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the design, well done whoever did it!
  • Options
    Looking forward to the postscript
  • Options
    The team sheet was also very useful given the number of new players.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Scored two, set up one, had another disallowed. Held the ball up, played some lovely one-touch football, been running across our back four at will and has chased any lost balls. If anything screams out how useless the regime are it's that they replaced YK with Peter Parsley.

The disallowed one was a peach
  • Options
    WSS said:

Looking forward to the postscript

Not long now
  • Options
    PL54 said:

magic1999 said:

will be interesting to see what occurs after that will give us all a blast

I imagine it will be some form of mobile noise / music arrangement parked in Floyd Road.
    What was it in the end ?
  • Options
    The end of what?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

Intrigued as to what this might mean:
    We have the feeling there might be an unexpected postscript today...

There you go @Uboat
  • Options

Uboat said:

Intrigued as to what this might mean:
    We have the feeling there might be an unexpected postscript today...

There you go @Uboat
    So what was it then? I've been waiting in the car park for hours and its bloody cold
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Heartfelt thanks to all those who came along to help out with CARD activities today, especially on such a bloody cold day. It was great to meet a lot of Lifers - what a good bunch you are.

That young scamp giving out the programs at the entrance to Floyd Road was a legend, the fund should buy him some gloves! Good to see @centurion helping out too :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pity they couldn't send a reporter instead of just recycling other people's material and seven-week old quotes.