Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will stay next year ?

Pope, Fox, Lennon, , Johnson, Jackson, KAG.. ?

Comments

• Options
    The only ones who stay will be the ones who can't afford the bus fare out.
  • Options
    About 1000 "fans"... :neutral:
  • Options
    Five men, a dog and a shopping trolley...
  • Options
    Why keep any of this squad, it is the worst I have seen following Charlton in over 40years.
  • Options
    I am expecting pretty much the whole squad who can be sold to be sold;

Henderson
    Motta
    Teixiera
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Fox
    Cousins
    Kashi
    Ba
    Bergdich
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele
    Lookman
    Watt

Others leaving will be all the loanees (inc Makienok), plus Motta, Fanni, Diarra, Tucudean and Reza whose contract s will end this summer.

I think Roland might clear some £15m out of that lot (even with Night Meire handling negotiations if she is allowed!), and if he does, he might then sell the club!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Henderson
    Motta
    Teixiera
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Fox
    Cousins
    Kashi
    Ba
    Bergdich
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele
    Lookman
    Watt

Others leaving will be all the loanees (inc Makienok), plus Motta, Fanni, Diarra, Tucudean and Reza whose contract s will end this summer.

I think Roland might clear some £15m out of that lot (even with Night Meire handling negotiations if she is allowed!), and if he does, he might then sell the club!

I really can't see £15m being generated in sales of those players.

Lookman and, maybe, Gudmundsson (assuming he has a decent Euros) are the only ones likely to be worth more than a handful of magic beans.

For the rest, either they have gone backwards this season, or they haven't had the fitness to be able to play enough. No sensible club will pay big money for any of them. I think this is especially the case with Watt, he needed to be banging in goals when on loan, I'd be very surprised if Blackburn took him on at the end of this season following the loan...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Henderson has been poor since his return. One or two great saves but his overall game has not been good.
    I am not sure that there will be too many after our players. Cousin's and Lookman would seem to be the most likely together with Watt and probably Gudders if he plays well in European Cup in the summer.
  • Options
    If you can't defend corners or set pieces you might as get rid of all of them.
  • Options
    I'm depressed enough as it is without trying to work out what sort of squad we'll be left with next season. :(
  • Options

Hopefully not Fox, defended like a little girl for their second I see, and he's not a scapegoat he's just shit there's a difference.

I don't think you can tell from a few seconds highlight how someone has defended. What you don't see from the highlight is that he's just ran from the opposite penalty box and one of the few players who managed to get back there.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Pedro45 said:

Henderson. £0
    Motta £0
    Teixiera £200K if lucky
    Bauer. £200K if lucky
    Sarr. £0
    Fox £0
    Cousins. £500K
    Kashi. £200K if lucky
    Ba. £0
    Bergdich. £0
    Gudmundsson. £1M
    Vetokele. £500K if lucky
    Lookman. £2M
    Watt. £500K if lucky

Did you miss a decimal place... £1.5M?

Realistically I reckon the above is the very best we could hope for which is about £5M. Given we paid off Morrison and he is better than any of the CB's listed I can see us getting half that tbh and that will all then go buying the likes of Bergdich and Sarr out of their ridiculous contracts.
  • Options
    Even if they want to stay and to work to eradicate their failing this year, they won't be allowed if they are on decent money and somebody offers five pence for them. Next year it will be the old, the crocks and the toddlers left. Roland will continue to sell anything with value.
  • Options
    To think we laughed at mad Vincent Tan, even slightly mental he is a far better owner than our idiot.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Not sure many will leave why simple because nearly every player has been missing at some point this season so not really proved themselves so who going to buy players that have not played ...
    The players that might go Henderson because again not been his best this year and you have Pope and Mitov behind who at some point have to be given a chance .... Fox ,same reason but who going to buy him ?
    Couisins again all the talk about him as gone ?
    Gudmunnson the only one who will leave and the only one who will demand a decent fee ..

The rest will stay and if we can keep them all fit like Bauer, Diarra , Vetokeke Vetokele , Kashi then we will bounce back

Not that I want to pick holes in any argument, but how, precisely, do you imagine that the club will manage that? We have no reason to believe that any of them can sustain a full season of football. On the evidence of this season, we need a much bigger squad to cover the inevitable injuries, but, also on the evidence of this season (and last), no indication that The Shareholder will authorise strengthening in the summer.
  • Options
    Reckon the below is what we'll be left with going into July

Goalkeepers ... Stephen Henderson / Nick Pope
    Right Back ... Chris Solly
    Left Back ... Morgan Fox / Tarieq Holmes-Dennis
    Centre Back ... Patrick Bauer / Harry Lennon / Naby Sarr
    Left Midfield ... Callum Harriott
    Right Midfield ... Regan Charles-Cook / Mikhail Kennedy
    Centre Midfield ... Johnnie Jackson / El-Hadji Ba / Jordan Cousins / Ahmed Kashi
    Strikers ... Karlan Ahearne-Grant / Josh Umerah

Jorge Teixeira will go to the MLS
    Alou Diarra and Roger Johnson will both be released (the latter in the style we saw Andre Bikey leave),
    Tony Watt wont end up at Blackburn but another Championship club (Cardiff?)
    Johann Gudmundsson will either return to the Continent or someone like Wolves
    Igor Vetokele will end up somewhere like Queens Park Rangers or the Continent
    Reza Ghoochanniejad will end up in the Middle East
    Simon Makienok will go on loan from Palermo to some other club
    Zakarya Bergdich will return to the Continent (Spain, maybe even Alcorcon on Loan)
    Ademola Lookman will sign for a Premier League team to ensure we keep hold of Cousins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colin1961 said:

Not sure many will leave why simple because nearly every player has been missing at some point this season so not really proved themselves so who going to buy players that have not played ...
    The players that might go Henderson because again not been his best this year and you have Pope and Mitov behind who at some point have to be given a chance .... Fox ,same reason but who going to buy him ?
    Gudmunnson the only one who will leave and the only one who will demand a decent fee ..

The rest will stay and if we can keep them all fit like Bauer, Diarra , Vetokeke Vetokele , Kashi then we will bounce back

Not that I want to pick holes in any argument, but how, precisely, do you imagine that the club will manage that? We have no reason to believe that any of them can sustain a full season of football. On the evidence of this season, we need a much bigger squad to cover the inevitable injuries, but, also on the evidence of this season (and last), no indication that The Shareholder will authorise strengthening in the summer.
    Don't look at it too closely as @colin1961 said it.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    We won't be left with much. I don't know who's running out of contract or what-not. but this is my prediction.

Stay:

Jackson, Sarr (no one would be foolish enough), Bauer, Cousins (don't think anyone will come in), Ceballos, THD, KAG, Bergdich (long contract), Fox, Ba, Pigott, RCC, Lennon, Mitov, Johnson (can't get rid), Pope & the 'yoof' - Kennedy, Thomas, Umerah, Konsa, etc.

Leave:

Henderson, Kashi (for peanuts to get off wage bill), Gudmundsson, Vetokele, Harriott (can't wait to leave IMO), Diarra (can't see him fancying L1), Reza, Solly (can see him wanting to call it a day with us), Lookman (a few £££), Teixeira & the loanees - Suk-Young, Makienok, Fanni, Sanogo, Poyet

Possible team...

Pope
    RCC Bauer Lennon Fox
    Ceballos Cousins JJ Bergdich
    KAG Piggott

Funny that "£1.5m Sarr" probably wouldn't make our League 1 team before we sign any replacements. Can see there being a chance that Solly doesn't know what's best for him and stays, Cousins 50/50 depending on whether other teams see value in him or not, we might not be able ship off Kashi after long injury (but can see a half-season of on-off 'niggles' will keep him mainly out of the side until sold in Jan) and maybe a chance of keeping hold of Henderson? There will also probably be a surprise or two on who we keep hold of/sell.

Can see RD/KM/RM deciding that the team above + a new striker (there's a good young Polish lad we could buy off De Graafschap) is good enough to get back out of league 1, wrongly so.
  • Options
    Dont forget that Joe Pigott is Out of Contract in the summer
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Can see RD/KM/RM deciding that the team above + a new striker (there's a good young Polish lad we could buy off De Graafschap) is good enough to get back out of league 1, wrongly so.

Dunno... A lot of squads in League One rely heavily on their Youth Academies and Loans these days... You've not really seen any big signings being made by clubs signing players from League Two and dont forget the whole loan market is changing from next season meaning you can only sign a Loan Player in the Summer or January.

I always keep an eye on the other Leagues but is League One harder than when we won it?

Probably not in regards to quality and size of teams down there, instead it seems harder because the Division is much tighter (again maybe because your not seeing much in the way of sales?) and there are more teams that are capable of mounting a challenge...

No offence to the three but Burton / Walsall / Gillingham havent spent, they've relied on their current squads and its paid off for them... Next season I wouldnt be surprised if those three struggled in League One (well Burton look like they'll go up) whilst we see the likes of Blackpool or Fleetwood challenging (who are battling to avoid relegation)
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Hopefully not Fox, defended like a little girl for their second I see, and he's not a scapegoat he's just shit there's a difference.

I don't think you can tell from a few seconds highlight how someone has defended. What you don't see from the highlight is that he's just ran from the opposite penalty box and one of the few players who managed to get back there.
    Well I've been to every home game and half our aways, so I'm quite happy with my judgement.
  • Options

Reckon the below is what we'll be left with going into July

Goalkeepers ... Stephen Henderson / Nick Pope
    Right Back ... Chris Solly
    Left Back ... Morgan Fox / Tarieq Holmes-Dennis
    Centre Back ... Patrick Bauer / Harry Lennon / Naby Sarr
    Left Midfield ... Callum Harriott
    Right Midfield ... Regan Charles-Cook / Mikhail Kennedy
    Centre Midfield ... Johnnie Jackson / El-Hadji Ba / Jordan Cousins / Ahmed Kashi
    Strikers ... Karlan Ahearne-Grant / Josh Umerah

I'd take that in League 1 (which I am now resigned to)

A couple of decent strikers are essential - ones who know that level.
    Jacko is likely to be a coach
    I think Fox is likely to end up as a centre back - his lack of pace means he gets found wanting at full back.
    There are a few youth-team players out there who could step up
    I'd expect Hendo to go and Pope to be our number 1 (he's excelled at that level so Hendo would be surplus to requirements. Dillon Phillips as backup.

• Options
    We will get about 7 million for all the saleable assets.
    Lookman- 1.5 M, Baeur- 500000- Gudmundsson- 1m, Cousins1 M, Kashi- 200000, Bergdich- 200000, Vetokele 500000, Watt- 1 M, Henderson 500000. Texeira 300000. Lennon- 200000.Fox- 200000. Motta,Suk Young, Poyet, Pigott, Sho Silva, Ansah, Makienok, Reza Harriott, Fanni, Dmitrovic, Diarra will all be released.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

The rest will stay and if we can keep them all fit like Bauer, Diarra , Vetokeke , Kashi then we will bounce back

Come on Colin, do you honestly believe those players will stay. Get those blinkers off. It's going to be all the young players in the side - RCC, THD, KAG, Umerah etc etc. Solly will stay, only because he wouldn't pass a medical anywhere else, Fox will stay because nobody else would want him. The rest are gone. Personally I'd start playing the kids now and get them experience.
  • Options

Dunno... A lot of squads in League One rely heavily on their Youth Academies and Loans these days... You've not really seen any big signings being made by clubs signing players from League Two and dont forget the whole loan market is changing from next season meaning you can only sign a Loan Player in the Summer or January.

I always keep an eye on the other Leagues but is League One harder than when we won it?

Probably not in regards to quality and size of teams down there, instead it seems harder because the Division is much tighter (again maybe because your not seeing much in the way of sales?) and there are more teams that are capable of mounting a challenge...

No offence to the three but Burton / Walsall / Gillingham havent spent, they've relied on their current squads and its paid off for them... Next season I wouldnt be surprised if those three struggled in League One (well Burton look like they'll go up) whilst we see the likes of Blackpool or Fleetwood challenging (who are battling to avoid relegation)
    Fair enough, must say that the Football League Show goes off for me after the Championship, but yeah the league doesn't seem as strong as when we were last down there - considering that we were mixing it with Norwich, Leeds, Southampton, Wednesday, Shef Utd, Huddersfield w/ Rhodes (and Millwall weren't bad then).

Say we had the team I've guessed in League 1 (minus Joe Piggott), I think the biggest thing is that we'd be a decent lower league goalscorer away from challenging for promotion, Bergdich & Ceballos I can't see flourishing down there, would be great if we kept Harriott, CM doesn't scream creativity but the back 4/5 is good enough - although we're comfortably the worse defence in the Championship on paper.

Couple of cheap signings and patching it up with loans could work. Maybe League 1 is where borrowing network players is actually useful?