Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laurence Bloom on his way to Nott' Forrest (now Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    We will get whoever is cheap.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

I think this can count as one of RD's rare good decisions.

Can you elaborate please @Brunello
  • Options
    Given that pretty much every side we play look fitter and sharper than us and that we have more injured players than fit is this really the end of the world?
  • Options

Brunello said:

Well, considering our players "appear" to be more unfit than any others & appear to get more injuries, than any others, there certainly appears to be an issue. I'm not saying Bloom is to blame, but there is a question mark.
  • Options
    bbob said:

Given that pretty much every side we play look fitter and sharper than us and that we have more injured players than fit is this really the end of the world?

Brunello said:

Well, considering our players "appear" to be more unfit than any others & appear to get more injuries, than any others, there certainly appears to be an issue. I'm not saying Bloom is to blame, but there is a question mark.
    Is that because Bloom is no good at his job in which case players would have been unfit since 2011 or is it because we buy unfit players and overplay others?

Or a combination of all three.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I'm on a phone so can't do it. Can someone put Bloom into the search field of this site and remind everyone when he was last mentioned.

tbf I have never heard of the bloke.
  • Options

bbob said:

Brunello said:

Is that because Bloom is no good at his job in which case players would have been unfit since 2011 or is it because we buy unfit players and overplay others?

Or a combination of all three.
    Definitely 2 and 3. But is it also 1 ?

I don't know, but as I said it's questionable.
  • Options

Brunello said:

Haha, Bloom is far to blame from this current crops fitness problems. The coaching methods of a certain someone (and the complete mismatch of different training regimes) and the players themselves that we have got are the to blame. One week they were being underworked the next well overworked, doesn't bode well for a professional & not Laurence's job to step in.

He was seemingly a lot more involved in our League One winning season and the season or two following, lesser so these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only yes men/women survive in this regime.
  • Options

Brunello said:

Haha, Bloom is far to blame from this current crops fitness problems. The coaching methods of a certain someone (and the complete mismatch of different training regimes) and the players themselves that we have got are the to blame. One week they were being underworked the next well overworked, doesn't bode well for a professional & not Laurence's job to step in.

He was seemingly a lot more involved in our League One winning season and the season or two following, lesser so these days.
    Well, I've no idea. But our players have been outrun & outfought all season & blowing out their arses long before the opposition (generally).
  • Options
    I know a bloke who works at the club who has been saying for ages that Bloom is a liability and is part of the problem. Too soft on the players apparently.
    I have no idea if that's right or not, but he has made the point to me on several occasions.
  • Options

Brunello said:

Well, I've no idea. But our players have been outrun & outfought all season & blowing out their arses long before the opposition (generally).
    Lack of a anywhere near competitive pre-season for any of our playing players, inconsistent coaching methods to say the least, and signing unfit and injury prone players.

Also, fitness always shows when you are a weaker team.

Anyway, as Hartleypete says, only yes men/women survive in this regime, nothing to do with much else.
  • Options

Brunello said:

Lack of a anywhere near competitive pre-season for any of our playing players, inconsistent coaching methods to say the least, and signing unfit and injury prone players.

Also, fitness always shows when you are a weaker team.

Anyway, as Hartleypete says, only yes men/women survive in this regime, nothing to do with much else.
    Our pre-seasons have really been dire these past couple of seasons, must impact the fitness of the players during the campaign.
  • Options
    We are too weak and have been for a few seasons. We are unfit too.

Inclined to trust those thinking this isn't a big deal
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Rats leaving a sinking ship.

I can't stand it anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not long after Doc Fraser retired so I wonder if that has made the atmosphere even worse and he's getting out while he can.
  • Options

On OS

Academy head of sports science steps up
  • Options
    One of the many questions I think we should expect an answer to is

- what is the budget for fitness and medical staff this season and what was it in 2013 -14, and in 2012-13?
    - what has been the expenditure on external medical costs (operations and consultations) in that period
    - who have been the senior permanent staff on the payroll for fitness and medical in the period under review?

Fat chance of getting an answer? Well hang on, we are customers, and we have a right to know before we buy, that the goods are fit for purpose. For example when you get on a plane, you believe the pilot has passed all appropriate medical checks.
  • Options
    Now I'm not being funny but since the other guy concentrated on the youth, our youth appear to have had less injuries (last 12-24 months at least)

As soon as Bloom picks them up when they come into training with the 1st, they start picking up injuries.
  • Options
    In normal circumstances this would just be seen as someone changing jobs like we all do after a few years in the same place. He did 5 years at Southend, and 5 years with us.

Of course, nothing is that straight forward nowadays!
  • Options

In normal circumstances this would just be seen as someone changing jobs like we all do after a few years in the same place. He did 5 years at Southend, and 5 years with us.

Of course, nothing is that straight forward nowadays!

Don't be reasonable... that's a sign they're winning!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Now I'm not being funny but since the other guy concentrated on the youth, our youth appear to have had less injuries (last 12-24 months at least)

As soon as Bloom picks them up when they come into training with the 1st, they start picking up injuries.

A pretty decent observation to be fair, and one that should act as a reminder that not everything needs to be converted in to ammunition!

However, it's worth pointing out that the academy lads have some form of continuity in the staff that are coaching them - and this means continuity in the training methods. Further, the academy squad is likely not as thread bare as the senior team - so aren't likely to be pushed as hard when injuries initially occur; albeit that's a bit of a catch-22 as ours is threadbare due to injuries.

Then there's the fact our senior squad is likely to be more effected from players coming in from different environments - other clubs and nations - compounded by the rumours that some of our latest additions haven't even had correct medicals as they are outsourced!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Hopefully Roland rat and the his 2 sidekicks do the same Seth.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Hopefully Roland rat and the his 2 sidekicks do the same Seth.
  • Options
    Glad he has gone, so we can now get a Belgium bloke in his place.