Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday away

We've announced the pricing £20 adults, £5 kids. Enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait.
  • Options

How?
  • Options
    £20. Fecking rip off.

That's 100% increase on last seasons prices.
  • Options
    Hopefully I'll be allowed in this season.
  • Options
    Im going to this one.
    Strangely enough, will be a new ground for me
  • Options

Im going to this one.
    Strangely enough, will be a new ground for me

A fantastic ground with still loads of character.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm going and would be surprised and delighted with a draw.
    Some very friendly boozers too.

And tram numbers to collect as well.
    What's not to like?
  • Options
    0-7 to them, nailed on...
  • Options

Can't see many of our fans enjoying it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent - the money saved can be usefully deployed in the Fat Cat and the Kelham Island Tavern.

Wednesday often seem to do cheap tickets for the visit of Charlton. In addition to last season, I'm pretty sure the club did so for our game at Hillsborough during our last relegation season of 2008/09 (surely not an omen).
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Excellent - the money saved can be usefully deployed in the Fat Cat and the Kelham Island Tavern.

Wednesday often seem to do cheap tickets for the visit of Charlton. In addition to last season, I'm pretty sure the club did so for our game at Hillsborough during our last relegation season of 2008/09 (surely not an omen).

The New Barrack Tavern is not bad either.
  • Options
    Think thats ok. But hate their fans there a throw back from the 70's. Went last year and in the cup and they tried to start on both occassions particularly nasty after the cup game.

Add that to them telling my dad to fuck off at the valley when he asked a couple of their fans whether lieria still played for them and hes 78.

Their a dinosaur club whose fans represent them well.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you've had those experiences Chippy, not all of us are the same, if you roll over and let us tickle your bellies during the game we may even be nice.

all the best
  • Options

Sorry to hear you've had those experiences Chippy, not all of us are the same, if you roll over and let us tickle your bellies during the game we may even be nice.

all the best

Whad'ya mean if?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

all the best

Whad'ya mean if?
    Well we expected it in November, it didn't happen. We fancied ourselves in the Cup game, didn't happen, you beat us from 2-0 a couple of years back despite being poor.

You've got the Indian sign on us.
  • Options
    Thx owls every club has its idiots and we have a few but I have been to Hillsborough several times and on each occasion someone wants a pop.
  • Options
    Thanks, @ElfsborgAddick - I've always fancied getting to the New Barrack Tavern but The Fat Cat is the traditional first port of call and we never seem to allow enough time to get in anywhere else pre-match. It's a similar story with the Kelham Island Museum.

Two other pubs that I did get to during two our FA Cup games in 2014 were the Sheffield Tap and the Bath Hotel (a CAMRA heritage pub), both of which were very good. I'll miss the trip up to Hillsborough next season and am bound to say that I've never encountered any hostility during any visit up there, the first of which was back in 1984 when Howard Wilkinson was taking them back to the top.
  • Options
    Try walking down the road from Wadsley bridge station when it' was open. A gauntlet of friendly punters either side of the road.
  • Options
    Anna kissed has posted the best post in this thread .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:

Thanks, @ElfsborgAddick - I've always fancied getting to the New Barrack Tavern but The Fat Cat is the traditional first port of call and we never seem to allow enough time to get in anywhere else pre-match. It's a similar story with the Kelham Island Museum.

Two other pubs that I did get to during two our FA Cup games in 2014 were the Sheffield Tap and the Bath Hotel (a CAMRA heritage pub), both of which were very good. I'll miss the trip up to Hillsborough next season and am bound to say that I've never encountered any hostility during any visit up there, the first of which was back in 1984 when Howard Wilkinson was taking them back to the top.

The Wellington near the Shalesmoor tram stop is very good too
  • Options
    For you real ale lovers, across from the Shalesmoor tram stop a new one for you, The Ship, also the Wellington is now under new ownership but still real ale.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

£20. Fecking rip off.

That's 100% increase on last seasons prices.

Maybe the travelling support could agree to walk out in twentieth minute?

I intend to go with my oldest daughter, she has only ever seen Charlton win and was last at Rotherham with me.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Whoever it is going away tomorrow I hope they have a great time...
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if all our players catch rabies the day before, we'll still get a result at Hillsborough
  • Options
    I've met many Sheffield Wednesday fans and they were all dicks. On that evidence i conclude that all Sheffield Wednesday fans are dicks.

Can we close this thread now?
  • Options

Whoever it is going away tomorrow I hope they have a great time...

I hope they don't get too lonely...
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    been to both sheffield clubs

hillsboro - had a little shit in tracksuit bottoms shouting, spitting and swearing at the away fans on leaving the ground after jacko made them cry
    sheff utd - after the fa cup was drinking with a load of there fans near the station and really nice people and wished us luck for the rest of the season.

even though saying that hillsboro is probably one of my favourite away grounds as its old skool, and has loads of character to it.