Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland and Katrien - you must watch this

I watched this morning and it cheered me up a bit thinking of the hope I had. I wonder if Roland and Katrien have watched this and Chrissy Powell's end of season speech for that season and the next! They threw all that away. The reason we were struggling a bit when they took over was the money had gone at the start of that season, but we were still in the quarter final of the FA Cup and had games in hand. And ultimately Riga kept us up with what was Powell's weakened team. They should be made to watch it! They may have spent more money, but that is because they have vandalised what we were achieving and they wasted the opportunity they had. It has all been about a cowardly mad man's experiment, not about running the club properly for success. You reap what you sow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_nHIfNjY4

Comments

• Options
    Sends a tingle up the spine. Charlton will get to those days again.
  • Options
    not with this mob in charge I'm afraid
  • Options
    Roland doesn't do parachutes. He just does dropping like a stone!
  • Options
    What a day.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    What an inspiration Chrissy Powell was as well. He may not have been the best manager in the world, but he was the perfect fit for us. I was a shame he wasn't backed. I hate Kevin Cash more than Jiminez and Slater, and hate him as much as Duchatelet. My only consolation is, he cost himself big money as we were ready to push on in the season he bailed out!
  • Options
    It's been a while since any stand at The Valley was that full.
  • Options
    It was a reminder of what the club could be
  • Options
    Probably just me and my paranoia......

What does Douchbag and KM (and RM) want ?
    They are ignoring all of our history, they are alienating our support, they aren't listening to anyone.......

Is it just as simple as creating a club with a smaller attendance quoter so he can build properties in SE7 ?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Oi, I don't drop!
  • Options
    Stone said:

Stig said:

Oi, I don't drop!
    What not even when the Doc says cough :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good video.

How the hell have we gone from that to the current shambles in less than 4 years?

(OK I know the answer is Douchbag and squirrel face but I had to ask the question).
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Probably just me and my paranoia......

What does Douchbag and KM (and RM) want ?
    They are ignoring all of our history, they are alienating our support, they aren't listening to anyone.......

Is it just as simple as creating a club with a smaller attendance quoter so he can build properties in SE7 ?

You're not the only one who wonders this. Unless this lot are complete clowns why would you tell stewards to shut blinds and cite nonsense like health and safety, why would you be searching for protest banners, why do these and countless other stupid let's piss the fanbase off things unless you actually want to get rid of them?
    It appears so ludicrous and inept it could easily be interpreted as deliberate.
    I think they are probably just complete clowns but other interpretations with this lot may be just as likely.
    Whatever the motives the result is still dire for us.

• Options
    What a day that was. My attachment with the club has been decimated since then.
  • Options
    God I miss all that. Surely if Murray was proper Charlton he'd have been able to convince this lot that they could be a part of our glorious future. Instead everything they touch turns to shit. You would be forgiven for thinking it was deliberate. I still can't help but think that all he wants is the land. He's a business man and there's no sentiment in business. How else would he hope to make any money out of owning our club.
  • Options
    HandG said:

I genuinely think that Katrin believes that she can move on the current fan base and bring in a new lot who will come for the match day experience with football being secondary.

She's said as much regarding "bringing the students in" and attracting new fans with the match day experience being the unique selling point.

Unfortunately, if this is so, then the protests and general apathy that some of the supporters feel right now probably fit in to those plans. However, if she thinks marketing a day out based on League 1 football and incredibly poor service in the ground will work - she's utterly bonkers.

Not to mention, when I have a day out at the zoo I don't leave with a t-shirt and lots of merchandise - nor do I come back every week.

She hasn't got a clue.
  • Options
    HandG said:

I genuinely think that Katrin believes that she can move on the current fan base and bring in a new lot who will come for the match day experience with football being secondary.

Indeed. What's clear is that they don't care about how many fans turn up! ...actually if they didn't care and wanted to put people off entirely they would dramatically increase ticket prices and say we need the money to raise the budget!

Who the f*ck knows...
  • Options
    Roland's never going to put himself in a situation where he has to answer harder questions with more assertiveness and have to explain things properly based on hard evidence the interviewer provides.

So what's the point it's all just a guessing game. Some things add up some things don't.

I for one think he's a f*ckwit who must have something bigger planned that makes more money and crushes us.
  • Options
    Remember it like it was yesterday! you all have your 90 year old memories - this was my first that i had as a Charlton fan.

I really thought that day we would go on to push for the premier league and see scenes like that every week.

It will be many years i fear until we see crowds like that again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

This is what I think too

• Options
    Those parachutist so would just be nicked now for having flares and encroaching on the pitch.
  • Options

HandG said:

This is what I think too

If, in a nutshell, this IS what she perceives, we have to find a way to persuade her it's a pipe dream....

• Options

HandG said:

This is what I think too

If she really believes that, then she really doesn't understand the cultures of football, London or the people who live there.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Nug said:

HandG said:

This.

If you've ever seen minor league baseball, this is what she wants. People turn up with little or no expectation of the game, maybe hoping to see a few future MLB stars beginning their careers. The players are never really permanent just on their way up or on their way down. They have mascots doing YMCA during the game, most people barely watch it and spend most of the time eating or drinking. The off field attractions more important than the on field. No real fans just a bunch of tourists, local schools and company days out. It's bland beyond belief.
    Jeez, that's a scary thought.
    I have indeed watched this dross. A game involving the Omaha Royals. Now laughingly renamed the Omaha Storm Chasers. Some form of subsidiary/feeder team of the Kansas City Royals and home to their failures and kids. As you say people just go to eat, drink and pick up free bumper stickers for the local radio station. (I was one of the tourists!)

On that basis, I can see Charlton being renamed the Thames Barriers!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    HandG said:

I make you right. They just don't get British football culture at all - who cares if we're the nicest club in London? A big part of me really doesn't want us to have that tag either way.

Edit: go listen to their first video interview. It's quite obvious they didnt get it then and they're still spouting the same shite today.
  • Options
    The current regime are not football people or understand how it works, therefore they are on a mission to prove that everyone is wrong but they are right.

No prizes for guessing who will win this one
  • Options
    Proper lump in the throat moments there.
  • Options

HandG said:

This is what I think too

If she really believes that, then she really doesn't understand the cultures of football, London or the people who live there.
    She wanted the club to target new supporters from South West London last year