Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New protests

Thanks to everyone who has worked on the protests so far, but now is time for a change. Standing behind the West stand and chanting has run it's course. Action needs to be stepped up.
After today I believe we are relegated (actually I thought that last week) My suggestion is when we are mathmatically relegated we declare a total boycott of all remaining matches.
If enough people are prepared to act before relegation is actually confirmed, I would fall in line. We could announce which game will be our last and if we all stick to it, it will send the strongest message so far.

Comments

• Options
    Daggs said:

Thanks to everyone who has worked on the protests so far, but now is time for a change. Standing behind the West stand and chanting has run it's course. Action needs to be stepped up.
    After today I believe we are relegated (actually I thought that last week) My suggestion is when we are mathmatically relegated we declare a total boycott of all remaining matches.
    If enough people are prepared to act before relegation is actually confirmed, I would fall in line. We could announce which game will be our last and if we all stick to it, it will send the strongest message so far.

However incompetent, arrogant, and imbecilic KM, RD and RM are acting, I think they've got the message!
  • Options
    Yeah interest is going already, doubt there was even a third there today than there was a couple weeks back. Still think calling the Bristol city one off has stopped momentum some what but nothing we can do now.

Agree that something should happen during the game, our season is near enough over so not too bothered about upsetting the players. An invasion is no good, not bothered about a ban from the valley but no one wants to risk a potential criminal record, the tennis ball idea was a great one but would be great to come up with something original.
  • Options
    Disappointing turn out tonight. Think we missed a trick not protesting after the Bristol City defeat.
  • Options
    I look at it and think who can we even keep next year? Solly and Fox could stay I suppose. Henderson AMD Bauer would leave I'd assume. Texeira must have an escape clause, SURELY. Guddy would go, as surely would Cousins. Harriot to sign a new contract perhaps? Jackson still in midfield. Jesus, it's depressing thinking.
  • Options

I look at it and think who can we even keep next year? Solly and Fox could stay I suppose. Henderson AMD Bauer would leave I'd assume. Texeira must have an escape clause, SURELY. Guddy would go, as surely would Cousins. Harriot to sign a new contract perhaps? Jackson still in midfield. Jesus, it's depressing thinking.

Makienok cannot still be around unless he quarters his current wages which are quite astronomical for a player of his quality, Jackson would be a part time player at best we have to accept. All the loans will return back, we will basically be circa half U21 and half new/couple of current players. We will struggle, really really will.
  • Options
    Well when we get relegated expect virtually all the first team players to be moved on, there may be a couple of walking wounded who can't.

Next year will be nearly all academy players, it's as simple as that. That's Roland's dream a vastly reduced wage bill, which Pinnochio will happily carry out.

Under this regime we will never be competitive because that's not really the aim, they would prefer to be in the Championship but if not they don't really care that much as wages will be slashed as will staff numbers.
  • Options
    Championship club with Premier League aspirations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need smoke bombs and the like (no flairs however!) ... Let's make it a visual spectacle, with thousands singing etc- not just a few masks etc. it needs to be like a Mardi Gras/Notting hill festival against the board and owner! It will get So much more publicity and look impressive!

Need to be power paint thrown around and thrown at the main entrance , plenty of flags waving and banners held aloft...
    We've got 2 weeks - lets organise something that will hit them visually as well as publicly!
  • Options
    I also suggested earlier a Total Boycott of home games as soon as Relegation is confirmed. The Regime will get a taste of what us "Customers" who aren't satisfied can do which will also be a pre-requisite for next season and the inevitable collapse in attendances. I honestly believe we will struggle in League One if these Fuckwits are still in charge.
  • Options

I also suggested earlier a Total Boycott of home games as soon as Relegation is confirmed. The Regime will get a taste of what us "Customers" who aren't satisfied can do which will also be a pre-requisite for next season and the inevitable collapse in attendances. I honestly believe we will struggle in League One if these Fuckwits are still in charge.

With respect & purely out of interest, how would YOU organise a total boycott ?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    timken said:

Its interesting that not doing somthing that isnt enjoyable or a good use of your time can be defined as a boycott.GOOMC you are not boycotting you are just "not going ".Lots of people are "not going " 'cos its no fun .

I am not not going cos it's no fun (although I will have to take your word for that) I am not going because there is a reason it is no fun. That reason it is no fun is because Roland is just using my club as an experiment at the moment.
    As soon as he's gone I will be back watching us lose draw or win. Charlton at the moment is not really a Football Club. It is a hobby/experiment for a very rich tosser. once the very rich tosser has left I will be back. Istill love Charlton but just refuse to give any money to an idiot destroying my club.
  • Options
    A lot of people say that the only realistic way to get at the regime is to hit them in the pocket.
    Roland will be hit in the pocket if (when) we're relegated.
    Maybe, just maybe, we ought to take action that ensures relegation if finances are the way to get to him.
  • Options
    Of course finances are the way to hit him. Why otherwise does Nightmeire constantly go on about the imoportance of not going overbudget - even though her naive transfer dealings and contracts have probably been responsible for the wastage of literally millions of her owners dosh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

Of course finances are the way to hit him. Why otherwise does Nightmeire constantly go on about the imoportance of not going overbudget - even though her naive transfer dealings and contracts have probably been responsible for the wastage of literally millions of her owners dosh.

Wastage yes but only 'parked' in the accounts as increasing debt owed as loans to Staprix :disappointed: .
  • Options

I had a thought... What about designing and selling alternative jerseys for next season? So instead of spending money on a replica jersey; CARD could produce and sell their own red and white alternative. This would raise protest funds and divert some money away from the club...

thoughts?

Expensive and ties up money in stock which may or may not be sold.

If someone wants to donate to CARD they can anyway.

Also lots of issues around copyright, VAT, licences to sell, time, storage, postage, trolls
  • Options

I had a thought... What about designing and selling alternative jerseys for next season? So instead of spending money on a replica jersey; CARD could produce and sell their own red and white alternative. This would raise protest funds and divert some money away from the club...

thoughts?

Also lots of issues around copyright, VAT, licences to sell, time, storage, postage, trolls
    Fair enough...

wait, "trolls"?
  • Options
    A way to cause havoc without resorting to running on the pitch etc has already been suggested by someone. Whistles, a few thousand or even better just a few to really confuse players on both sides. Yes unfortunately it's going to affect the team but we 're as good as relegated already. Another ploy again suggested previously is to pack out crossbars but nobody buy any drinks
  • Options
    I don't know how many people have been involved in pitch invasions. It's not as easy as you'd think, from a psychological perspective, to cross that white line unless you can clearly see that hundreds of others will do the same. A half arsed invasion would not look good.
  • Options

thoughts?

Fair enough...

wait, "trolls"?
    Trolling about the quality, price, colour, badge, size, cut, etc, etc
  • Options
    I think its obvious no protests at the Valley will influence The Rat or Pinocchio at all. However maybe a large protest at the Belgian Embassy would be a different story. Embarrassment with their own Government, negative publicity in their own country, perhaps affecting The Rats non football businesses.

If only we could think of a way of humiliating these nauseating pair of idiots in Belgium and affecting other parts of The Rats empire.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I don't know how many people have been involved in pitch invasions. It's not as easy as you'd think, from a psychological perspective, to cross that white line unless you can clearly see that hundreds of others will do the same. A half arsed invasion would not look good.

Not quite as many numbers but myself and 3 others were lined up on the side of a freezing outdoor pool in winter. It had green stuff floating on it. At the count of 3 we agreed to jump in. We got to 3. Why only me? I guess you need a number of similarly gullible folk.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Not quite as many numbers but myself and 3 others were lined up on the side of a freezing outdoor pool in winter. It had green stuff floating on it. At the count of 3 we agreed to jump in. We got to 3. Why only me? I guess you need a number of similarly gullible folk.
    Were the other 2 blokes ?