Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How will you say goodbye to the valley?

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
Talking to we'll informed people at my lodge last night I was told of a plan, a plan to decrease the fan Base and close the north or south stand, once this is done were move to a smaller stadium on the Greenwich peninsula.
Sounds about right.

Comments

• Options
    Thought this for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if they just put a few stands at the training ground and just had the team play there. Cheaper and gets the youth players games. All the rat wants.
  • Options
    Is this a cunning plan?
  • Options
    Chopper Rolf Anita Bob Harry ? you know the American Dude who was interested in Charlton.

That was his master plan.

I agree with Rodders on this one.
  • Options
    I've heard this rumour a couple times from various people on match days.
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

Talking to we'll informed people at my lodge last night I was told of a plan, a plan to decrease the fan Base and close the north or south stand, once this is done were move to a smaller stadium on the Greenwich peninsula.
    Sounds about right.

What a scoop. Who's you're sorce? - is it a voyuer than can be found wandering the streets of regent street on Thursday afternoon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's stay focused an the actual situation at Charlton. That's quite enough to be attacking without getting deflected by hearsay about the Valley again.
  • Options
    Is Roland a mason? He looks mad enough for sure.
  • Options
    Rod Jane and freddy would be better than Roland Katrien and Murray

• Options
    The closing of stands has legs, it's something they are thinking about, the Peninsula plan I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    With a salute, a single tear, and a firm depression of the dynamite trigger
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

Sounds about right.

I'm not part of a secret society that meet up at a "lodge" but I bet I could guess that a lot of the people who go there are the type who would make utter shite up purely because when they do it sounds as if they are well informed. I think many have met these types of people in a pub who swear they know something or tell you a story which they have just made up for their own empowerment and self importance. at a secret society I bet this practice is rife.
  • Options

Is this a cunning plan?

It's so stupid it sounds like a Baldrick plan ;-)
  • Options
    Oh good, another thread based on an unsubstantiated pile of nonsense.
  • Options

The closing of stands has legs, it's something they are thinking about, the Peninsula plan I'm not so sure.

To put more noise into two stand ie the north and West? That would mean closing the east
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This keeps coming up and it doesn't make much sense, in our current situation anyway. A move would be to exploit commercial opportunities but to do so you'd have to have an attractive proposition on the pitch at the very least.

It always seems like this rumour starts as a game of Chinese whispers, someone says to someone what they think Roland is up to, this then snowballs down the line into someone heard from someone ITK that we are definitely moving.
  • Options

Surely those are the interview threads....
  • Options
    your lodge ? .. are you an eager beaver ?
  • Options

but he heard it in a lodge.
    I prefer the image of a Kenyan hunting lodge, full of overweight, red faced expats standing on a zebra skin sipping gin & tonic.

Roll on Saturday.
  • Options
    Ffs, I heard it all now!!!
  • Options

but he heard it in a lodge.
    I prefer the image of a Kenyan hunting lodge, full of overweight, red faced expats standing on a zebra skin sipping gin & tonic.

Roll on Saturday.
    I'd imagine your description lands fairly close to a freemason lodge tbh
  • Options
    Not that I know! *hides gavel*
  • Options
    fenn3098 said:

Sounds about right.

Which is more than be said for your grammar!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    fenn3098 said:

Sounds about right.

F*****g hell; a Beaver that can write.
  • Options
    Why not? I heard about this squirrel running a football team......