Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six Nations rugby at the valley

Getting kicked out with 10 minutes to go.

Hold up. Will take photos of the crowd.

Comments

• Options
    Wrong bar. I was in Bartrams.

No wonder it was a dire atmosphere!
  • Options
    Think you've had enough son.
  • Options
    The missus came to watch Scotland vs England after seeing it on the CAFC website. Went to Bartrams and realised it was empty with no volume. About ten minutes from the end of the game we were booted out.

I asked the guys chucking out, and they said it was advertised but it was closing anyway. So I was a bit confused hence this thread.

Checked online and it was the "North Stand bar"; hence my second post. Stewards could've said when I asked but they didn't know apparently.

Nothing to report. False alarm ;) Was a rubbish match anyway.. fitting actually.
    iamdan said:

Think you've had enough son.

Haha, apparently so!
  • Options
    Showing the rugby in a football ground, wtf is the world coming to? ffs
  • Options
    There was enough hoofing into touch during our match
  • Options
    I thought the idea was to watch the game and give the club no further revenue.
    So for that reason I couldn't really give a fuck.
  • Options
    There was more up and unders At the Valley Yesterday than
    you will have seen at Murrayfield.
  • Options
    If I were Prime Minister, I would ban rugby from being played in the UK on the grounds that it is a shit sport watched only by self-important pretentious people who never actually attend games.
  • Options

If I were Prime Minister, I would ban rugby from being played in the UK on the grounds that it is a shit sport watched only by self-important pretentious people who never actually attend games.

Ha!

Wales v Ireland right now, sport at its most compelling.

If u want people to tell you the rules so you can enjoy it more, just ask! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha!

Wales v Ireland right now, sport at its most compelling.

If u want people to tell you the rules so you can enjoy it more, just ask! ;)
    Arent the rules unknown - thats why noone knows why the ref blows for a penalty?
  • Options

Lol. Only during the 6Nations is it watched by self pretentious people who briefly touched a rugby ball at school so think they know all about the game!

Think the 60odd rugby players and however many spectators that watched it in our rugby club after might disagree with it being a s**& sport though. I much preferred playing rugby over football. What other sport can you smash people into the mud and get up, shake their hands then share a beer together in the bar after. And the opposition team stayed and watched and shared jugs of beer and a few drinking games. Great atmosphere
  • Options

Mostly retired coppers, who could never play football and have never even seen a rugby ball
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Love both sports and attend both. So guess I am a self-important pretentious person who actually attends games (although a hell of a lot of those at Twickenham etc never go to anything other than internationals so agree in that regard)! Have to say, we car hardly talk about rugby being shit after some of our recent efforts.
  • Options
    Wales & Ireland show the Scots and the English how it's done .. I was pleased when Jones took over at the R F U .. BUT .. he's made very few few changes, two weak fly halves in the backs, musical chairs in the back row .. is he all PR and no substance ? .. and full back Mike Brown .. does he EVER pass the fecking ball ? .. he's a back not a prop f f s .. the chances to open up the play that he wastes are just ridiculous .. England did not move the ball all along the line at all .. meet the new boss .. same as the old boss ? .. time will tell
  • Options

Wales & Ireland show the Scots and the English how it's done .. I was pleased when Jones took over at the R F U .. BUT .. he's made very few few changes, two weak fly halves in the backs, musical chairs in the back row .. is he all PR and no substance ? .. and full back Mike Brown .. does he EVER pass the fecking ball ? .. he's a back not a prop f f s .. the chances to open up the play that he wastes are just ridiculous .. England did not move the ball all along the line at all .. meet the new boss .. same as the old boss ? .. time will tell

Are you a retired copper?

; )
  • Options

; )
    if I told you what I am 'retired' from I'd have to come over to France ... and assassinate you ((:>)
  • Options

I go to games with my Dad who played for Coventry with Duckworth and also with my mums husband who also played to a high level of not quite as good. Plenty of people in the ground who fit your description.

Agree the current rules make it s bit of a shit sport, favours weight against skill and if you aren't taller than 5'10 you can't play at the highest level...

A few years ago, your 5'0 midget could do well, as talent can in football.
  • Options

; )
    if I told you what I am 'retired' from I'd have to come over to France ... and assassinate you ((:>)
    British Rail catering then....

(Happy days of yore).
  • Options
    It's true - all rugby players are failed footballers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superbowl night
  • Options

I go to games with my Dad who played for Coventry with Duckworth and also with my mums husband who also played to a high level of not quite as good. Plenty of people in the ground who fit your description.

Agree the current rules make it s bit of a shit sport, favours weight against skill and if you aren't taller than 5'10 you can't play at the highest level...

A few years ago, your 5'0 midget could do well, as talent can in football.
    good post BUT, you must mean David Duckham (not the co-inventor of the notorious rain affected cricket match deciding formula) .. I believe that on the famous tour to NZ, 1971 when the Lions consisting mostly of the brilliant London Welsh team along with Barry John, McBride, Gareth Edwards etc. etc., Duckham and Pullin were the only Englishmen to make the test team, an example of where a fleet and fast tricky customer in Duckham. replaced a Welsh powerhouse in John Bevan (if my memory serves) ..
    that was a time when players were generally smaller, not so fit, quick and fast and Rugby Union had not deteriorated into a succession of rucks and mauls which are all but impossible to referee properly or defend against. A superb player such as Barry John, Phil Bennett, Mike Gibson or Duckham just would not have the same impact today as back in the 'golden era' of British rugby in the 1970s and early 80s

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Bloke near me wouldnt stop talking about the bloody rugby on Saturday. Why on earth go to the football to talk about another sport, and totally ignore whats happening on the Valley pitch.......Oh! hold on........
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I thought the idea was to watch the game and give the club no further revenue.
    So for that reason I couldn't really give a fuck.

Fair. But considering I was going to meet my girlfriend somewhere with Sky Sports on but she (misread) the Charlton website and figured she'd do me a favour and meet me at The Valley - I'd hardly make it out like I was making it rain with £50 notes behind the bar!

Two drinks is still less money than the 3 or 4 games shes refused to come to since her last outing, where she swore never to come back and sit through 90 minutes of that dross.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your tone, but if you're accusing me of giving the regime money then you need to aim your frustration elsewhere! Ive been boycotting food and drink since Wolves and have been making enquiries to the Football League regarding our mystery 10% undeclared ownership as well as a few other questionable things. (Hell I nearly complained about the fact the advertising boards in front of the Jimmy Seed stand where to close to the goal!)

Its not a competition, but I'd like to think that I've been more of a pain in the ass than the one time price of an orange juice and a fosters.
  • Options
    Ireland vs Wales was a cracking match yesterday. Both teams played a very nice game, that said - I'm not exactly that knowledgeable with Rugby though so it may have been a bit shit actually.

I enjoyed it though.
  • Options
    Well played England
  • Options
    Well played Ireland.
  • Options
    They also have proper minutes silence, none of this disrespectful clapping lark.
  • Options
    Good game (for us) I thought.

But for England's indiscipline we'd have been a lot more comfortable. We seemed to spend the first half camped in their 22.

We'll still screw it up against Wales though.