Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seb's Flag

Comments

• Options
    Any pics on the banner protest?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:
    an apology and actions to rectify it. There. Wasn't too hard was it charlton?
    First apology ever from Meire's regime?
    It was probably only the steward who apologised
    Do they recruit stewards from people not deemed bright enough enough to be traffic wardens?
  • Options
    What has happened to freedom of speech KM and RD ???? His is the best "customer" the club has over 700 games on the trot!! we are run by CROWNS!!!!!!
  • Options
    Surely....the customer is always right?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

What has happened to freedom of speech KM and RD ???? His is the best "customer" the club has over 700 games on the trot!! we are run by CROWNS!!!!!!

uie2 said:

Well, you do live in a monarchy (albeit constitutional)...

Anyway, I think the regime response has been foolish in the extreme. It's almost like they don't want anything to placate the fans. There's a better than evens chance that, with improved results, numbers protesting would decline (even if the underlying malaise remains).
  • Options
    Results need to improve first...
  • Options

Results need to improve first...

If only...
  • Options

Spoke to some security before the game, they reckon this will '..all blow over, when the wins start coming'

And they might be able to pay their bills when they get a proper job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spoke to some security before the game, they reckon this '..will all blow over, when the wins start coming'

The wins will only come when this lot sell up so that is some time away anyway.
  • Options
    Just seen Seb leave Bartrams (not a traiter; will be explained later in another thread!) and he's clearly loved by the staff on the ground at The Valley.

There was a steward on the door who kept expressing his disbelief that Sebastian had left already.

Utterly depressing that he had it taken away but a decent result that he's had it given back and with an apology to boot. The stewards are largely a decent bunch but it's still disappointing.
  • Options
    So we know KM's kryptonite, vexiphobia (fear of flags). Just how many of Seb's 850+ games in a row were at The Valley when the flag was not deemed a threat? I believe the phrase is beyond parody
  • Options
    Dave Lockwood was appealing for Seth to come down to the track before the game presumably to give him he flag back. What a shoddy and shitty organasition they are to treat such loyal 'customer' like that
  • Options
    Dave Lockwood claiming on a Twitter it wss a mistake to take it. How can it be a mistake for a CAFC staff member to take this from someone like Seb?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Dave Lockwood claiming on a Twitter it wss a mistake to take it. How can it be a mistake for a CAFC staff member to take this from someone like Seb?

Is "BDL" on the payroll ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Is "BDL" on the payroll ?

No idea what Dave Lockwood's pay is from CAFC, the staff I was referring to is the stewards who took the flag from Seb employed by CAFC.
  • Options
    It will blow over when the wins start coming, it always does, half the people will fuck off into the crowd. The difference is we will have less season ticket holders next year
  • Options

Spoke to some security before the game, they reckon this '..will all blow over, when the wins start coming'

In fairness, a few wins would inevitably diminish support for protests but not stop them. I have felt for some time Meire/Murray have been playing a waiting game, lying low until results turned round, the new manager started and new signings came in January. It was always flawed as there are fundamental issues which go beneath the surface. That they cannot grasp that speaks volumes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It went same time as plod arrived. Everyone in that corner started to moan at plod but that was it. I went up and asked em direct they said nothing to do with them , but wouldn't say why they were at that game. 2 were senior plod.

The flag on the opposite side stayed up,
  • Options
    Let's see Mick Everett justify this one
  • Options
    Tbf everytime I saw the police interact with fans re protest related activities they were spot on and very fair
  • Options

seth plum said:

No Seb flag in the usual place for today's game.
    Yeah the troll will say it's only a flag what's the big deal, but seriously it is simply nasty, no not simply nasty, it is glorying in their nastiness and their exercise of power, just because they can.
    One specific individual, Katrien, hates and despises us and she demonstrates her hatred again and again, but maybe in her warped mind she probably thinks we deserve it for not showing her due deference and for protesting.
    I can certainly be a massive arsehole, and might deserve being got at, but Sebs flag? Really, Sebs flag?
    They are totally nasty, and I await the spin from the communications department.
    Sebs flag for goodness fecking sake. Sadly and poignantly pathetic and downright nasty.

When Seb got his flag back just before kick off they let him put it up in the usual place. It hung there for a while but Seb then took it down again, seemingly because the wind was doing its level best to blow it from the bars it was tied to.
    Yes I accept what you say entirely, it was horribly windy, and the flag would've been at risk if it had been replaced. However to re-wind a bit, somebody originally wanted the flag down. Maybe some other bodies said it could go back, but the initial decision originated somewhere didn't it?

Maybe it was a power trip...pathetic.
    Maybe it was ignorance...pathetic.
    maybe it was downright nastiness...pathetic.
    Maybe it was the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...pathetic.
    Maybe the original decision was supposed to be some kind of equaliser because of the malarkey regarding Gwen son's flag...pathetic.

Somebody somewhere originally decided the flag ought not to be there and I can't see any reasonable justification for that decision, but I can see plenty of weaseling ones.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Yeah the troll will say it's only a flag what's the big deal, but seriously it is simply nasty, no not simply nasty, it is glorying in their nastiness and their exercise of power, just because they can.
    One specific individual, Katrien, hates and despises us and she demonstrates her hatred again and again, but maybe in her warped mind she probably thinks we deserve it for not showing her due deference and for protesting.
    I can certainly be a massive arsehole, and might deserve being got at, but Sebs flag? Really, Sebs flag?
    They are totally nasty, and I await the spin from the communications department.
    Sebs flag for goodness fecking sake. Sadly and poignantly pathetic and downright nasty.

When Seb got his flag back just before kick off they let him put it up in the usual place. It hung there for a while but Seb then took it down again, seemingly because the wind was doing its level best to blow it from the bars it was tied to.
    Yes I accept what you say entirely, it was horribly windy, and the flag would've been at risk if it had been replaced. However to re-wind a bit, somebody originally wanted the flag down. Maybe some other bodies said it could go back, but the initial decision originated somewhere didn't it?

Maybe the original decision was supposed to be some kind of equaliser because of the malarkey regarding Gwen son's flag...pathetic.

Somebody somewhere originally decided the flag ought not to be there and I can't see any reasonable justification for that decision, but I can see plenty of weaseling ones.
    Sorry but when was it taken off him? On entering the ground or once in? To be fair I don't kniw Seb from Adam as I guess a steward outside would not if that is where it was taken.

Irrespective if CARD have publicly chosen to initiate a banner campaign without notice to the club but via social media we have to expect some reaction as indeed the CARD announcement anticipated.

It was put right by the club very quickly as I interpret that tweet from Dave Lockwood.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Sorry but when was it taken off him? On entering the ground or once in? To be fair I don't kniw Seb from Adam as I guess a steward outside would not if that is where it was taken.

Irrespective if CARD have publicly chosen to initiate a banner campaign without notice to the club but via social media we have to expect some reaction as indeed the CARD announcement anticipated.

It was put right by the club very quickly as I interpret that tweet from Dave Lockwood.
    Put right by the club after several tweets to the club about it.

The problem is that while seb's flag got taken down a near identical one positioned in a near identical position albeit on the opposite side of the stand was allowed to stay.

It's not as if the club haven't been guilty of using spin recently is it?