Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#CARD - 5pm PROTEST This Saturday

Comments

• Options
    That's my row where the steward's standing. I'm right down the end of that row by the stair entrance. Her protection has gone up a notch recently
  • Options
    Is he Belgian???Can he play midfield???

• Options
    Looks as though he would pass the height test. May be a good stand in for hendo as can't see much getting / fitting past him.
  • Options
    ok Ive liked and encouraged the 20+ Charlton fans I know on FB to like
  • Options

if you are near the directors box on Saturday beware of,this guy as he threatened to eject me when I stood up to remonstrate with KM. He was politely forceful, I think he is her and RM's minder

Anyone remember the tango adds??
  • Options

Used to play footy with the fella 25 years ago
    Big Charlton fan , have seen him on and off throughout the years I'm sure he won't be happy with the regime but he's got bills to pay like the rest of us .

Someone asked him to eject me a few years back at the akpo sodje late winner against Leeds game because they thought I was a Leeds fan cos I just wanted a goal for either team to stop the scum from automatic promotion (I was looking at the bigger picture) and luckily he recognised me

Blimey yeah. Didn't recognise him.
    Can back up what oohaah says about him being charlton, but oohaah didn't play. He ran the line.
    Ball 100% over the line = throw in, goal kick, corner or even a goal! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options

if you are near the directors box on Saturday beware of,this guy as he threatened to eject me when I stood up to remonstrate with KM. He was politely forceful, I think he is her and RM's minder

Who are the ladies at the back?

Katriens expert scouts?
  • Options
    He has worked at The Valley for years, and is Charlton through and through - he is also a very nice bloke.
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted - Damn the alias has been blown!! -;)
  • Options
    I wonder what Teixeira is going to think of his baptism game at The Valley ??!!
  • Options

Remember, CAFC stewards have no authority at all off CAFC property. They have no powers to move people on elsewhere and should be ignored if they try. The footpath is not CAFC property although some of the land fronting the north stand is.

'Footpath' being the pavement ?
    Obviously , the car park is CAFC land ?
  • Options

Not taking any kids and planning to shout vitriolic, sexist, misogynistic, xenophobic abuse whilst setting off flares and acting like all round mindless idiot. So I think I'll stand at the back

And then he is going to the protest...
  • Options

Remember, CAFC stewards have no authority at all off CAFC property. They have no powers to move people on elsewhere and should be ignored if they try. The footpath is not CAFC property although some of the land fronting the north stand is.

Indeed, although I don't think it's paved these days. The car park is CAFC land.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Indeed, although I don't think it's paved these days. The car park is CAFC land.
    Airman, out of interest (and because I'm sure you will have thought of it already) but what's the position in relation to the Old Bill and the car park protest.

Presumably as it's private land and you decide to occupy it they cant just move you on, as they could on the public highway for "causing an obstruction" unless you are acting violently, causing a breach of the peace, etc.

Is that right?

Might be useful to clarify a bit as I'm sure some people might potentially be put off attending if they think they might somehow "get into trouble" with plod. Personally I think it's not an issue, assuming you behave, as they can't arrest you simply for occupying private land, even if the owner wants you off.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    As with anywhere else, we would advise people to follow any instructions from the police. We have to assume and respect that they will only act on grounds of public safety and to ensure the law is upheld, rather than according to the whims of club officials.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Airman, out of interest (and because I'm sure you will have thought of it already) but what's the position in relation to the Old Bill and the car park protest.

Presumably as it's private land and you decide to occupy it they cant just move you on, as they could on the public highway for "causing an obstruction" unless you are acting violently, causing a breach of the peace, etc.

Is that right?

Might be useful to clarify a bit as I'm sure some people might potentially be put off attending if they think they might somehow "get into trouble" with plod. Personally I think it's not an issue, assuming you behave, as they can't arrest you simply for occupying private land, even if the owner wants you off.

An interesting question. As far as the various road traffic acts are concerned, an area that the public has access to whether private or not is deemed to be a highway. A typical example would be getting done for bald tyres while parked in a Tesco car park.
    So, it would, I think, be entirely possible for the plod to allege wilful obstruction of the highway. If for nothing else other than preventing the egress on to Harvey Gardens from the car park. That might be correct in law or not depending upon whether the obstruction was reasonable or not but it's possible you wouldn't find out until you arrived at the nick.
    So as Airman says, always prudent to avoid arguing with plod.
  • Options
    Professional job!

Shame they didn't capitalize CARD though.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PaddyP17 said:

As cool as this secrecy is, a delicious image of the CARD leadership sat round a boardroom table panicking and saying things to the effect of, "Fuck - we've GOT to come up with something by midday Saturday, we really should've thought this flash protest thing through" has just swum into my mind
    We haven't even decided what the announcement on Saturday will be yet........ :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PaddyP17 said:

As cool as this secrecy is, a delicious image of the CARD leadership sat round a boardroom table panicking and saying things to the effect of, "Fuck - we've GOT to come up with something by midday Saturday, we really should've thought this flash protest thing through" has just swum into my mind
    I thought you would have been privy to the inner circle secrets Paddy given your blood line :wink:
  • Options

Used to play footy with the fella 25 years ago
    Big Charlton fan , have seen him on and off throughout the years I'm sure he won't be happy with the regime but he's got bills to pay like the rest of us .

Someone asked him to eject me a few years back at the akpo sodje late winner against Leeds game because they thought I was a Leeds fan cos I just wanted a goal for either team to stop the scum from automatic promotion (I was looking at the bigger picture) and luckily he recognised me

And he STILL didn't throw you out?