Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options

Josh 1-3 rds.

This Martin bloke is another Cornish with a belt he fluked. Sky are doing a fantastic job making people believe Martin is a threat.

Both are unproven.
    At the highest. This is a world title fight but not at the highest. Take the belt away from Martin and no one would be backing. It would be another bum with a padded record.

Charles Martin went 10 rounds with Zumbano Love. 10 ROUNDS.
  • Options
    As previously stated AJ got caught a few tines in his last fight. However, he did recognise that flaw straight after the fight.

Something doesn't look right to me about Martin 's body language though.
  • Options
    Joshua's fight with Whyte was a big test and a great learning experience. He took a huge punch in the second round and, although wobbled, he took it. He then changed his tactics showing that he's not a 'one-trick pony' and proceeded to beat up Whyte.

Make no mistake, Whyte is a good fighter and will fight for and maybe win a world belt in the future. In my opinion he would beat Martin. I'll be there with my boys cheering AJ on and I confidently expect to hear:

'The winner and the NEW Heavyweight Champion of the Wooooorld - AJ Anthony Joshua!!!!'

• Options
    Martin is a gamble, thing is there are much tougher fights out there IF Joshua wins he can't fight voluntary defences forever

I can normally see through Eddie Hearn and Sky's craggy faced tough opponent routine but Martin isn't one of them. He hits very hard and is well drilled. He also hasn't been rocked in my eyes.

If Joshua wins it will be an incredible achievement but I'm not sure they've chosen wisely this time and he could well get stopped
  • Options
    I really think Martin is going to win this one.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

As previously stated AJ got caught a few tines in his last fight. However, he did recognise that flaw straight after the fight.

Something doesn't look right to me about Martin 's body language though.

Martin wouldn't look AJ in the eyes at the stare-off... If he gets through the first three, then he will be dangerous and could stop AJ, but I'm not sure he will. AJ in two!
  • Options
    the Whyte fight was almost like a grudge match so you can forgive AJ for one or two indescretions. if anything, getting caught probably did him a favour.

if he catches Martin early, i don't think Martin will fancy it and AJ will stop him/knock him out.

Zumbano Love is a big marker for me (stonewall above), proved to be nowhere near AJ's class but Martin went 10 with him.

just been looking at the respective rankings of Martin's past opponents and it is not impressive reading.
  • Options
    I fancy AJ to stop Martin in style around the 3rd or 4th round. I took the kids along to the weigh in today and we had the 'pleasure' of running into Shannon 'let's go champ' Briggs... The dudes crackerjack but totally hilarious and was great with all the kids and fight fans. He reckons he's sealed a fight with Haye
  • Options
    Yeah, he made Haye crack! His fight with Zumbano Love went to a decision!
  • Options
    WBC Champion - Deontay Wilder 36-0 (35 KO)
    WBO Champion & WBA 'Super' Champion - Tyson Fury 25-0 (18 KO)
    WBA Champion - Lucas Browne 24-0 (21 KO)
    IBF Champion - Anthony Joshua 16-0 (16 KO)

101 Wins - 0 Defeats - 90 KOs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    BOOM - get Lucas Browne over here next if he's not stripped and then it's going to be 2 down 2 to go
  • Options

Josh 1-3 rds.

This Martin bloke is another Cornish with a belt he fluked. Sky are doing a fantastic job making people believe Martin is a threat.

Hmmmmmmm........
  • Options

I'd like to see fury vs Wilder then Joshua vs browne, then the winners unify the lot. The division is too crap to have all these belts.
  • Options
    Anthony Joshua: IBF heavyweight champion to make first defence on 25 June
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36099152

Good lad AJ - will have had 3 fights since Tyson Fury beat Klitschko. Fury allegedly 3 stone overweight and not motivated anymore
  • Options

Anthony Joshua: IBF heavyweight champion to make first defence on 25 June
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36099152

Good lad AJ - will have had 3 fights since Tyson Fury beat Klitschko. Fury allegedly 3 stone overweight and not motivated anymore

To be fair to Fury, Klitschko has a rematch clause so Fury cannot fight anyone else until that fight is over with.
  • Options
    Fury craves love and attention.

If he doesn't get it it wouldn't surprise me if the vacates the belts and retires in the hope that there'll be an outpouring of grief for him, which won't happen.

He seems to think that people don't like him because he's a traveller. No, Tyson, most people don't like you because you come across as a plank.
  • Options
    Anthony Joshua to defend IBF title against Dominic Breazeale
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36128337
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    McBobbin said:

I'd like to see fury vs Wilder then Joshua vs browne, then the winners unify the lot. The division is too crap to have all these belts.
    I know what I'll like to see. One of these to call out and fight Luis ortiz but ortiz is involved in a typical boxing carrer hazard called a lawsuit over his contract.

Tbf I don't think any of the belt holders would fight him anyway. Not enough money would be involved and he could beat them.
  • Options
    Rokudan said:

Anthony Joshua to defend IBF title against Dominic Breazeale
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36128337

Think AJ should brezze past breazeale.
  • Options
    Eddie Hearn is talking the piss having this as PPV even if it does have a decent undercard. Add that to all his shows selling out rather quick then strangely quite a lot of tickets going up on stub hub , the man's a prick and the sooner AJ fucks him off the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fury has already lost his rematch with Klitschko in my opinion. Saw the press conference today, Fury is hugely overweight & just gave the impression that he can't be bothered with it all.

Yes I know people will say it's just mind games but I do believe Fury feels he's already achieved what he wanted to by winning the title, he really doesn't seem interested at all in the rematch
  • Options
    I have to agree, I can almost see a scenario where this fight does not take place.
  • Options
    Hatton used to get fat in-between fights, once camp starts his stomach will go.
  • Options
    Fury's comment to Wlad "you couldn't knock out a wank" . Made me laugh that one.
  • Options
    Fury is apparently three stones overweight - three stones!

That is disgraceful and, as we saw with Hatton, will only end one way.

Even if he strips the 50lbs he needs to lose (in just 10 weeks) then he will still be in no condition to fight Klitschko who has probably never put on 3lbs let alond 3 stones.

What an utter slob.
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/6ufZ3DVeXws

Very insightful and a complete contrast to the UK press conference
  • Options
    I think he's getting his excuses in early as he has gotten so out of shape. He's terrified he'll lose badly.
  • Options
    The fight is in 10 weeks. Plenty of time.

That type of fat falls off quite easy.

It's more Fury mind games. As long as he is conditioned for 12 rounds which he has done numerous times i can see a repeat of the first fight.

Fury on points
  • Options
    Feel this fight is all about Klitschko. Looked a shot shell of his former self in the first meeting. Fury not so much won the title more like Klitschko surrendered it to him. Can he throw his right hand this time?
  • Options

Feel this fight is all about Klitschko. Looked a shot shell of his former self in the first meeting. Fury not so much won the title more like Klitschko surrendered it to him. Can he throw his right hand this time?

As Roger Mayweather says 'most people really don't know shit about boxing'

I agree that fury is a moron, but let's not take away from what he did in Germany, he beat a champion that was unbeaten in 10 years in his backyard and he did with a great game plan that was executed to perfection, was it good to watch? Well I enjoyed as a boxing fan but admit the casual boxing fan may have been a bit bored with too few punches thrown. Fury used movement and feints to completely bamboozle wk who relys on a left jab and straight right and being the bigger stronger man on the inside (with excessive holding and leaning on his opponents) he doesn't like fighting outside of his comfort zone and will only let the right hand go if he is confident to do so, fury took that away from him.

In saying that Fury is a loonatic and incredibly undisciplined, I really don't know what will happen in the rematch.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!