Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your help needed to fund more Black and White Scarves

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
On Saturday the 250 scarves we had went, literally, in about 60 seconds such was the demand.

Now we want to give out another 750/1000 at the Blackburn home game. Forest is too close to order and get delivery.

We've already been offered one very generous donation of £300 but we'll need more. We have a supplier and we can get a good discount on a bulk order but we need your help.

We need your money.

We know it's a tight time of year what with the spending on Christmas but think of what you are saving maybe from not buying food or programmes or if you are boycotting by not going at all.

And there was no Charlton Life sponsorship this season either. I doubt Katrien would get the irony of money that might have gone to her commercial team via sponsorship being spent on black and white scarves but we do.

So whatever you can afford from £10 to £10,000 we be very useful.

Anything we have left over we'll look to use for other protests be that more leaflets, like the "stand up for the 2%" that Spell It Out lead on, or similar. And if for some reason the protests and scarves are no longer needed any money remaining will be given to the Upbeats.

If you want to donate please inbox @Addickted2TheReds and he'll give you the details for payment.

Thanks in advance.

Ben and Joe - Spell It Out in Black and White.

Comments

• Options
    Msg sent! £50 from me :)

Well done to all involved!!!
  • Options
    Top man
  • Options
    Can you set up something so we can pay by paypal - If so I'll give you £20
  • Options

Can you set up something so we can pay by paypal - If so I'll give you £20

If you inbox @Addickted2TheReds he is able to take paypay payments I understand.
  • Options
    To be clear donations will be made via paypal.

PM me and I will send you my address.
  • Options
    I'm good for £100. Inbox me details. I am travelling today but will pay tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Cheers,

We're at over £1k already which is fantastic but the more we get the more we can buy.
  • Options
    Boycotting home games so why not donate the savings.
  • Options

Cheers,

We're at over £1k already which is fantastic but the more we get the more we can buy.

over 300 scarves already then. Is there absolutely no chance these can be bought and delivered for Saturday? Strike whilst the iron is hot and all that. Who knows what the three weeks before the next home game will bring.

• Options

Cheers,

over 300 scarves already then. Is there absolutely no chance these can be bought and delivered for Saturday? Strike whilst the iron is hot and all that. Who knows what the three weeks before the next home game will bring.

Would have been good.

Everyone congregated and we run in like the Robin Hood of scarves dashing them in the air haha.

Sadly, with the bank holiday as well, it doesn't look like it's possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just donated £20
  • Options
    Have you tried Gofundme. Good way to get funding in quickly for new scarfs
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    £30 donated as I won't be buying a programme again this season.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options

Cheers,

Would have been good.

Everyone congregated and we run in like the Robin Hood of scarves dashing them in the air haha.

Sadly, with the bank holiday as well, it doesn't look like it's possible.
    A coordinated simultaneous midnight heist of Fulham, Swansea, Newcastle, Notts County, Derby etc's clubshops will solve the problem..
    My sister is in Turin - I'll give her a bell as well.
  • Options
    I Shall send over a payment to Joe via Paypal, i have his details from a previous donation.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    In addition, flags are very effective in en masse, and cheaper.
  • Options
    done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £20 from me, I'll inbox you @Addickted2TheReds.
  • Options
    Great work everyone keep it up! Maybe some flags?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

We'll have to look at flags. More likely to get taken off people inside the ground.

I do like the balloon idea though.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

We'll have to look at flags. More likely to get taken off people inside the ground.

I do like the balloon idea though.
    Get a massive net full of them and let them go just as the game kicks off there's always tv cameras at the ground coz of sky and the football league show so I'm sure something will be mentioned
  • Options
    This is all good stuff and I really congratulate those involved in raising the money and getting the scarves. But what difference will wearing a black and white scarf make? Seriously. The live game v Ipswich highlighted its muted recognition (all be it at short notice); but I just feel that although your efforts are commendable you are wasting time and money. It's just appeasement for those who believe that it will make a difference. However, good luck with it and I hope to be proved wrong.

Sorry, I hate to sound negative but are your efforts better off being focussed elsewhere? Read a post on here recently that fans queing to get in saw a black and white scarf and didn't have a clue what it was all about.
  • Options
    Will sort something out tomorrow ...due to current mobility problems. I can't go to the protest at five, so you will have my financial contribution instead.
  • Options
    Il happliy buy one if someone is willing to ship
  • Options

This is all good stuff and I really congratulate those involved in raising the money and getting the scarves. But what difference will wearing a black and white scarf make? Seriously. The live game v Ipswich highlighted its muted recognition (all be it at short notice); but I just feel that although your efforts are commendable you are wasting time and money. It's just appeasement for those who believe that it will make a difference. However, good luck with it and I hope to be proved wrong.

Sorry, I hate to sound negative but are your efforts better off being focussed elsewhere? Read a post on here recently that fans queing to get in saw a black and white scarf and didn't have a clue what it was all about.

And I saw hundreds of fans waiting for a scarf on Saturday. We shifted 250 in about 60 seconds and could have got rid of twice or three times as many.

No one, least of all Joe or I, think that wearing a black and white scarf alone will bring the walls tumbling down. That's not what it is about. And it's not appeasement. KM was clearly rattled by the launch of Spell it out. She referred to it in public and told me to my face that I was "inciting a riot" so unhappy was she about it.

Wearing black and white is a way for people to easily show that they are unhappy and to be able to see that they aren't the only ones. More and more people are doing so and the message is getting out there. You can't and don't suddenly get 98% of fans all knowing about it and acting in an instant. It takes time but so far it's been a success.

Not everyone knows about it yet but if people are seeing the scarves and wondering "what's that about?" then we are getting there.

You said that our efforts would be "better off being focussed elsewhere" but you didn't say where? If you have a better idea then great, go for it.
    Exactly .The more scarves they see, the greater the awareness.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

And I saw hundreds of fans waiting for a scarf on Saturday. We shifted 250 in about 60 seconds and could have got rid of twice or three times as many.

No one, least of all Joe or I, think that wearing a black and white scarf alone will bring the walls tumbling down. That's not what it is about. And it's not appeasement. KM was clearly rattled by the launch of Spell it out. She referred to it in public and told me to my face that I was "inciting a riot" so unhappy was she about it.

Wearing black and white is a way for people to easily show that they are unhappy and to be able to see that they aren't the only ones. More and more people are doing so and the message is getting out there. You can't and don't suddenly get 98% of fans all knowing about it and acting in an instant. It takes time but so far it's been a success.

Not everyone knows about it yet but if people are seeing the scarves and wondering "what's that about?" then we are getting there.

You said that our efforts would be "better off being focussed elsewhere" but you didn't say where? If you have a better idea then great, go for it.
    Wish I did have a better idea Henry but the issue here is the detachment that exists between various fan 'groups'. If we could all come together again and conduct a unilateral protest effort it would be a really powerful beast.

Mate, this was by no means a criticism of the black and white scarf effort, certainly not, and I genuinely praise all involved. I will gladly wear one and also donate. I guess, like us all, I am desperate for something really transformational to happen but indeed, transformation can take time.