Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Back to the Valley Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing DJ Rubberneck tear up the dance floor at Cross bars for the 25th anniversary. Shabba!
  • Options
    Move on
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    5/12/92 - Possibly the greatest day of my life. (Don't tell my Mrs though)
  • Options
    Happy anniversary everyone :smiley:
  • Options
    Off up to London for a meeting this afternoon & then catching up with some old friends in the Barrow Boy & Banker......a few beers in rememberence me thinks...
  • Options
    dancafc said:
    This video gets me every year.
  • Options
    ...... Roland sells the club would be the icing on the 5th December cake
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    If only we had a League game tonight ......

• Options

Happy anniversary everyone :smiley:

Echo that anniversary wish... can still remember most of that day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy BTTV all.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

dancafc said:
    This video gets me every year.
    I didn't realise I was the first person to jump up :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    This was the one where England manager Kevin Keegan was the guest of honour and where Jimmy Seed was inaugurated into the original Charlton 'Hall of Fame'. 
    Keegan singled out Chris Powell during his speech, saying that someone had recommended him for an England call up, and would he please stand up and make himself known (which he did to much applause and laughter). Keegan selected him for his England debut shortly after I believe. [edit: wrong].
    My mum couldn't make the event, so I collected some autographs for her. Richard Redden, Chris Powell and a couple of others, one of whom might have been Andy Hunt, from memory.

There was a presentation to commemorate the Hall of Fame inclusion.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    This was the one where England manager Kevin Keegan was the guest of honour and where Jimmy Seed was inaugurated into the original Charlton 'Hall of Fame'. 
    Keegan singled out Chris Powell during his speech, saying that someone had recommended him for an England call up, and would he please stand up and make himself known (which he did to much applause and laughter). Keegan selected him for his England debut shortly after I believe.
    My mum couldn't make the event, so I collected some autographs for her. Richard Redden, Chris Powell and a couple of others, one of whom might have been Andy Hunt, from memory.

There was a presentation to commemorate the Hall of Fame inclusion.

It was Sven who picked him for England, not Kevin Keegan
  • Options
    Ah, you might well be right. 
    Bloody Keegan. 
  • Options
    dancafc said:
    In the words of Max Boyce, I was there. 
  • Options
    I attended the last game at the Valley, followed to Selhurst where my eldest son saw his debut game and Upton Park where my younger son saw his debut game. I was desperate to be at the first game back at the Valley and this was made possible by simply joining them both into the Junior Reds, and nominating myself as their associate member. It was as cheap as chips and possibly the smartest move I’d ever made! Our Valley tickets were all but guaranteed - especially as the membership levels were so low at the time. It was truly emotional as all three of us took our place in the Jimmy Seed stand. I couldn’t help but notice that I wasn’t the only one with watery eyes that day - funny really - no pollen around in December! For the record we three have been ever present / season ticket holders since. Incidentally, at a later stage my daughter saw her first football game - at the Valley. Must be a rarity eh? Three siblings, one team, debuting at three different home grounds.
    If a grandparent saw their first game at Catford, you’d have the full set.