Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is there any ideas of a protest for saturday? (Brighton Away)

After yesterday's successful campaign of the 2 percent, is there any sort of action or chant that can make them think a little more for Brighton away?

I remember reading on twitter a few weeks back many brighton fans backing our fans protest and offering support. Could there be anything we could try to arrange with a few of them?

After watching yesterdays horror show, that 2% looks to have turned into 50%. So a job well done!

I know this could be a stupid post, but just wondering if anyone had any good ideas such as the 2% campaign?

Comments

• Options
    How many tickets have been sold?
  • Options
    I imagine around 800-1000
    Ive got 6 of them
  • Options
    Idea, the team could turn up, not try, give no effort at all, fail to score, let 3 or 4 in and look completely abject of any Championship level ability. That would show RD.

No chance of that happening I suppose.
  • Options

Idea, the team could turn up, not try, give no effort at all, fail to score, let 3 or 4 in and look completely abject of any Championship level ability. That would show RD.

No chance of that happening I suppose.

But I am certain we could have another Watford, in performances both on and off the pitch.

We go a goal down early then a few hundred that have been on the drink get the atmosphere going.

Looking forward to next Saturday.
  • Options
    Hold hands in solidarity.
  • Options

We used up 12 of our 24 black & white balloons yesterday so will bring the remainder next Saturday.

Yep - the balloon thing worked really well I thought!!!
  • Options

but not in the toilets.
  • Options
    "can you see us holding hands."

Might make the Brighton fans laugh,

Plus the 2% of CAFC fans who are Gay, should laugh as well?

Only 2% ?, Ok get printing !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not go for a show of black and white balloons anybody can then join in. If enough do it will look impressive particularly if Brighton want to help.
  • Options
    Now the protests have turned into gimmicks.
    I believe the protests should happen but the 2% thing did not sit right with me for some reason. Partly because that's playing into her hands and using a quote of hers. She would have loved that!

Better off shouting "We want our Charlton back" together for the whole 90 and or boycott. I don't know I guess I'm not an ideas man so can't criticise that much.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Now the protests have turned into gimmicks.
    I believe the protests should happen but the 2% thing did not sit right with me for some reason. Partly because that's playing into her hands and using a quote of hers. She would have loved that!

Better off shouting "We want our Charlton back" together for the whole 90 and or boycott. I don't know I guess I'm not an ideas man so can't criticise that much.

Why would she love circa 30-40% of support (total guess, it was probably more) in attendance holding up cards stating her quote that 2% of Charlton fans were unhappy? Embarassment was the name of the game and it was achieved, she doesn't know her audience and tries to downplay the anger to try put the fire out..

This is a better idea than singing songs, they go under the radar in terms of KM etc, most people at football don't listen to that stuff. Of course a boycott could work but we're looking into next season for a boycott to really work, as that'll hit their pockets.
  • Options

I'm meeting with someone influential in B&HA supporter circles on Saturday night to discuss how we might be supported in the months ahead. For those who don't know it, Brighton fans based their own campaign re. Bill Archer's selling of The Goldstone Ground, on The Valley Party, and have held us in high regard ever since.
    Regarding Saturday's game, it would be good to (a) see lots of black and white on show and (b) hear loud, sustained chants of 'Spell it out in black and white', directed towards the executives' area (where KM will be).
    Also, how about 'What is your strategy?, what is your strategy?' and 'Are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, Katrien Meire?' ?

I will be up for that.

Also like the sounds of black and white beachballs.
  • Options

Brighton fans on Twitter seem quite keen to help us out with any protest.

There a decent bunch down there and we share a common enemy as well.
  • Options
    I'm going to leave when they go 3-0 up.
  • Options

I'm going to leave when they go 3-0 up.

Better check the train times from Falmer at 3.30pm then Phil :wink:
  • Options
    There are many Brighton fans willing to offer us support. Would be good if we could stage something together. But what i dont know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

and they could sing "they want there Charlton back"
  • Options
    then everyone could sing "we hate palace"
  • Options
    Depends if KM will be attending. No point in a protest away unless it's on TV or it's directed at someone there.
  • Options

Brighton fans on Twitter seem quite keen to help us out with any protest.

There a decent bunch down there and we share a common enemy as well.
    very true ... we go back a long way with their fans since we gave them a lot of support in their times of woe
  • Options
    KM wasnt at this fixture last year 100%
  • Options

and they could sing "they want there Charlton back"

That's the one.

Wear the black and white, get the behind the team and ask the Brighton fans to sing that.
  • Options
    "give them there Charlton back" maybe better
  • Options

but not in the toilets.
    Dreary me.
  • Options
    "We want our Charlton back" is a good slogan, easy to understand by everyone and to the point. I think that should be the main slogan with the black and white thing and the 2% thing as secondary if need be.