Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Up Front for Saturday

edited November 2015 in General Charlton
I was originally going to call this "Reza or Lookie," but thought I'd open it up in case some of you would drop Mak.

I'd go with Reza and Mak. My heart says Lookie, it sounds like he was very bright against BCFC, but for a tele game against a Mick McCarthy side, I'd say go with the experience of Reza and Mak. If Lookie were to start, I suspect the likes of Smith, Berra, Chambers, and Douglas would rotate little niggling fouls trying to break up his rhythm and frustrate him. Bring him and/or KAG on at '60 and let them run at them.

On tele in the States, so it'll be a half four wake up for me here in San Diego.

I was at this fixture last year. Still fucked off. Fucking Noel Hunt.

Comments

• Options
    Vaz Te looked lively if a bit rusty on Saturday.
  • Options
    Its gonna be a lovely dilemma but I'd have Reza and Makienok neither player has done enough to lose their place and can harm Ipswich.

If not, then Vaz Te and Lookman (If he's okay after the knock on Saturday) can come on
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see how many, had Watt been around and on current form, would actually have him in our starting line up in front of those other forwards?
  • Options
    Mak and Reza
  • Options
    Mak and Reza, Vaz Te and Lookman on the bench.
  • Options
    Mak and Reza for me too.
  • Options
    Mak and Vaz Te, need the latter to get a hat trick as I've voted for him as top scorer by the end of the season :wink:
  • Options
    Lookman on the TV just what the kid would thrive on, his pace will scare them to pieces
  • Options
    Mak a definite, for his aerial presence to unsettle their defenders and his defensive work at their corners. Reza for his speed and experience. Bring Lookman/ Vaz Te off the bench in the second half.
    Had he still been with us and fit, I don't think Watt would have even made the bench for Saturday.
  • Options
    Mak and Lookman, Vaz off the bench at the beginning of the 2nd half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza and Makienok
  • Options
    Lookman doesn't look as raw as you would think. I would go with him. He seemed to compliment mak well.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Mak and Vaz Te, need the latter to get a hat trick as I've voted for him as top scorer by the end of the season :wink:

That'll get him halfway there
  • Options
    Sadly he wouldn't be sold... If he isn't under Contract he can simply join another club... who have to pay us compensation... If that cant be agreed between us and that club, it goes to a panel who decide for us
  • Options
    Oh all right I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Sadly he wouldn't be sold... If he isn't under Contract he can simply join another club... who have to pay us compensation... If that cant be agreed between us and that club, it goes to a panel who decide for us

I believe under EPPP rules then if he has never signed a contract before there is now a set fee we receive. Between £12,500-£40,000 per year he has been with us. So 1 year = £40K fee at best in Lookman's case. No tribunal/panel needed anymore. The real big money comes if he makes appearances in the PL....in fact if, as a striker he goes on to play 100 games we would get a wrapping £1.3M ! Load of crap if you ask me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan
  • Options
    Mak and Lookman.

I like the new buzz that some of the kids bring to the party. Reza is an old warlord whose heart isn't really in it
  • Options

I believe under EPPP rules then if he has never signed a contract before there is now a set fee we receive. Between £12,500-£40,000 per year he has been with us. So 1 year = £40K fee at best in Lookman's case. No tribunal/panel needed anymore. The real big money comes if he makes appearances in the PL....in fact if, as a striker he goes on to play 100 games we would get a wrapping £1.3M ! Load of crap if you ask me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan
    Least they're being consistent from the Defoe saga I s'pose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza Ruddock and Mak Attack for me!
  • Options
    I'd go with Mak and Reza.

Lookman after an hour.
  • Options
    With the game being on the box, I'd expect another whole-hearted effort from Reza if he starts
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I think Lookman took a bit of a knock against Brum and we hardly want to increase interest in him - or do we? I'd start Reza and Lookman only to come on if we are chasing the game .
  • Options
    If Lookman is as good as we think he could be then he'll already be well on the radar of every top club....a game on Sky against Ipswich won't do anything to change that.
  • Options
    I would like Mac and Vaz Te to start and after 60 minutes or so, bring on Lookman for Vaz
  • Options
    Reza is a waste of time - forget him. He will get the odd tap-in and run around a lot, but he loses the ball too easily.
    Mak is essential because he does provide assists, but more crucially he gets back as a decent defender for set pieces.
    Lookman should be given a chance (as sub at least), he has nothing to prove and only time will tell if he can cut it in this division.
    KAG, for me, has already proved that he is not ready for this division.
    Vaz Te - why sign a Premiership quality player and not use him ?

Hendo
    Solly - Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Jacko - Ba - Cousins
    Gud - Vaz - Mak

• Options
    just a hunch but I think that Lookie is under contract. when KM announces this evening that we couldn't get a couple of loans over the line she will soften it with news that Lookman has signed a 3 yr deal. hope I'm right.
  • Options
    Make & Reza. Bit concerned about Look man being put in the shop window.