Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A proportionate protest - Charlton v Ipswich *Stand Up For The 2%*

At the recent meeting with fans, Charlton chief executive Katrien Meire suggested that it was only 2 per cent of fans who are unhappy with the way the club is being run, despite it having five head coaches in under two years, three major crises on the pitch and numerous problems off it.

While it's great that the team has won the last two games and Meire has started to talk about having more discussions with fans, the Spell It Out campaign and Voice of The Valley believe this is just the time to keep up the pressure and show her that she is wrong about the extent of ongoing dissatisfaction.

We've therefore come together to ask fans to join a 60 second demonstration in the second minute of the televised game against Ipswich, holding up A4 posters to show the extent of the 2 per cent and joining with a chant of "stand up for the 2 per cent".

This is not a protest based on gender or nationality. It doesn't focus on any individual or demand the owner spends more money. It is legal and respectful. It simply reflects a demand for the club to be run in a more professional and intelligent way, and for the ownership to work with supporters to strengthen the club.

It is intended to be a proportionate show of the strength of feeling that doesn't have any impact on supporting the team, but does get the message across to Meire and the TV audience - in the UK and over in Belgium. Of course the black and white campaign continues at the same time - and indeed the posters will be black and white.

If you are willing and able to contribute a fiver towards the cost of printing the "we are the 2% posters" and/or help distribute them outside The Valley, please inbox myself.

We are also providing a downloadable version here - the version distributed on Saturday will also explain the rationale behind the protest.

Comments

• Options
    Excellent stuff @Addickted2TheReds
  • Options
    like it Addicktedtothereds, will inbox you
  • Options
    Great work mate. Impressive.
  • Options
    to raise funds to pay for the posters is it possible to start a justgiving page or similar?
  • Options

to raise funds to pay for the posters is it possible to start a justgiving page or similar?

Agreed. Will pass a fiver at least over later today if that is set up. Top work Joe.
  • Options
    Not justgiving - its not a charity.

Do you have a paypal account?
  • Options
    Yes - I have a set up a PayPal account.

Please PM if you're interested in donating and I will send you the email address.
  • Options
    Not imflamatory. Not insulting or personal. Subtle. To the point.

I like it. Great work.
  • Options

Yes - I have a set up a PayPal account.

Please PM if you're interested in donating and I will send you the email address.

have PM'd you

• Options
    edited November 2015
    To be clear, the black on white version is so that people can print it themselves without worrying about the amount of ink, etc, and because most domestic printers won't print black to the edge of the page. The white on black version is what will be distributed on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    will try and print fifty of the black on white for the coach on Saturday.

Good to see Airman on board with this too
  • Options
    Can you ensure Sky are aware of it?
  • Options

will try and print fifty of the black on white for the coach on Saturday.

Good to see Airman on board with this too

Yes, VOTV and SIO driven.
  • Options
    Well done Joe. This is really good. Have printed a few.
  • Options
    Good work by all and brilliant having the Voice helping to drive it.

Let's get behind this and show the visual impact the we can have compared to Meire's pathetic 'Sea of Red'.

Up the Addicks.
  • Options
    Good stuff Joe.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Curb_It said:

You can set up a crowdfunding page at Just Giving for any cause you feel strongly about, well worth a go
  • Options

Curb_It said:

You can set up a crowdfunding page at Just Giving for any cause you feel strongly about, well worth a go
    Think we will just stick with paypal as the ball has been set rolling and want to keep the money in one place.
  • Options
    Should urge the need for volunteers - this may need around 20 people for it to be effective.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great work Addickted2TheReds.
  • Options
    Great stuff, Joe.

I'll print out 4 for us and a few more for those sitting near us in East Stand Block E.

Will message you re a £5 contribution to the cause.
  • Options
    great work @Addickted2TheReds will print some at work.

agree re the BnW balloons as well, should release as many as poss
  • Options
    Very sensible and reasonable idea which we will certainly support, I suggest you choose a suitable song/line to sing whilst standing so that it supports the team rather than disturb it.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Very sensible and reasonable idea which we will certainly support, I suggest you choose a suitable song/line to sing whilst standing so that it supports the team rather than disturb it.

The plan is to sing......stand up, for the 2%.

Great idea, count me in for donation and distribution
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing it on TV. Hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    well done, I'll PM you re donation
  • Options
    Fantastic idea. Great work.

I can't be there on Saturday but have PM'd you to donate £5 to the cause.
  • Options
    I you want to order £25 of balloons I'll pay for them direct into your PayPal account.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I you want to order £25 of balloons I'll pay for them direct into your PayPal account.

Hi mate,

I think that we will look at doing balloons etc if we go over the quote that we have been given for posters.

Joe