Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clubs' fans unite for ticket protest this weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34398908

The ticket pricing is beyond ridiculous now but I think Charlton's is relatively cheap compared to some of the prices the other clubs charge. I think you will find we are cheaper than some of the league two clubs.

Comments

• Options
    It's the price of the ticket cost to an away fan that should be the key comparator. Yes, regulars can buy season tickets and casual fans in home ends can sniff out better deals, like at Charlton (£150 s/ticket or £17 matchday?), but away fans are stung everytime and they invest more in time and money and usually make an atmosphere for everyone else.
  • Options
    I think this protest will really take off on Sunday. Primarily by people not bothering to show up.
  • Options
    away tickets are the problem my cousin is a Chelsea fan follows them home and away with a club like Chelsea,man u, city or arsenal is every club you go to you're a higher priced fixture than any other premier league team, there travel is often dearer because of tv etc, I think it should be standardised by league £25.00 pl, £20.00 champ, £15.00 l1 and l2 as long as the club can cover there staffing/police costs etc they shouldn't be allowed to charge ridiculous prices, the only club that I have no sympathy for is arsenal my girlfriend and her family went to arsenal vs stoke the other week and 4 lowest priced tickets including booking fee was £216.00 which imo is a pisstake.
  • Options
    Talking of fan power, Newport's supporters trust have successfully raised enough money to buy their club.

http://mobile.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/supporters-trust-secure-funds-for-takeover-2720587.aspx
  • Options
    First I've heard of it. They need to publicise these things better.
  • Options
    Maybe Abolish the Categorisation of Matches.
    How Much Is acceptable and how do clubs arrive at the matchday price. Why not just have a fixed price for away fans, regardless of fixture.
    Travel expense and T.V times are making some games inconvient due to the kick off time.
    I Think that the pressure of top flight football is now inflating 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier football across England.
    I suppose it comes down to who the club wants as it's paying Customers?
    Is or has there been an increase from fans to stream games because they feel they are being priced out of the game.
    Just as a point of reference Sheffield Wednesday have 8 different Categories, amongst them are Gold,silver,Bronze and Platinum?
  • Options
    Badger said:

Maybe Abolish the Categorisation of Matches.
    How Much Is acceptable and how do clubs arrive at the matchday price. Why not just have a fixed price for away fans, regardless of fixture.
    Travel expense and T.V times are making some games inconvient due to the kick off time.
    I Think that the pressure of top flight football is now inflating 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier football across England.
    I suppose it comes down to who the club wants as it's paying Customers?
    Is or has there been an increase from fans to stream games because they feel they are being priced out of the game.
    Just as a point of reference Sheffield Wednesday have 8 different Categories, amongst them are Gold,silver,Bronze and Platinum?

For most clubs we're in the lower category of games so I'd rather they didn't !
  • Options
    My problem with this is that they are all selling out already. If Chelsea fans don't want to pay high prices to follow the Champions and former Champions League winners then they can always watch someone else. The same applies to all the other clubs in the Premier League.

I don't, personally, see why football should be treated any differently to anything else. The price is the price. Fans can, always, choose to stay home- most of the top sides have most of their games on TV anyway. I would love to see us win almost every week in the Premier League and I would pay handsomely for it. To expect to watch all those super stars play for less than a ticket to watch Gillingham is, just, ridiculous!

It's not, even, as though many of the Premier League clubs make a profit each year. Many of them are making losses and their 'customers' want their tickets for less when many of them drop another £20 on beer in the pub on a Saturday.
  • Options
    Hopefully that means the refugees welcome banner can go in the bin and be replaced with 20's plenty one instead.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Talking of fan power, Newport's supporters trust have successfully raised enough money to buy their club.

http://mobile.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/supporters-trust-secure-funds-for-takeover-2720587.aspx

Let's see them fund it's player's and staff salaries then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My problem with this is that they are all selling out already. If Chelsea fans don't want to pay high prices to follow the Champions and former Champions League winners then they can always watch someone else. The same applies to all the other clubs in the Premier League.

I don't, personally, see why football should be treated any differently to anything else. The price is the price. Fans can, always, choose to stay home- most of the top sides have most of their games on TV anyway. I would love to see us win almost every week in the Premier League and I would pay handsomely for it. To expect to watch all those super stars play for less than a ticket to watch Gillingham is, just, ridiculous!

It's not, even, as though many of the Premier League clubs make a profit each year. Many of them are making losses and their 'customers' want their tickets for less when many of them drop another £20 on beer in the pub on a Saturday.

Reluctantly I agree with this. Football clubs are a business and as such will attempt to maximise any potential revenue they can. People have a choice, don't go if you think the cost is too high. THat's what I think is a bit ridiculous about this protest, people will be paying the prices they don't agree with to enter a ground to then protest about the prices they don't agree with. That'll definitely show those greedy owners.