Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton following in Bali

As you'd expect there are loads of Man Utd fans out here, our driver from the airport, the hotel manager and numerous room boys. Yesterday we visited a wood carving studio and watched some do some amazing work all six were Utd fan and boss was Chelsea all knew of Charlton and remember them in the top division. We then moved on to an art exibition next to some rice fields and coffee plantation and the guide immediately recognised my accent saying "London am I right" I've just given a tour to couple from nth London they were arsenal fans, I'm Chelsea what about you. Telling him Charlton, he immediately responded with..... Sadly no longer in the premiership, they slowly imploded after Curbs left (yes, Curbs!!) they should have given him the money instead of those other fools... I used to enjoy watching Charlton, the little guys with no money against the big guys. Even remembered Robinson's equaliser against Man Utd and the 5-0 against Southampton.

Comments

• All too rare in Asia but it's great when you do come across someone who knows at least something about Charlton.

I sometimes get Scandinavian guests with quite an extensive knowledge, remembering Pringle, Svensson, Johansson, Jensen etc. Had a long chat about our Scandinavian keepers with one guy.

Haven't seen an Asian in a Charlton shirt for many years though.
  • I was in Bali earlier this year and was amazed how any people were fairly knowledgable about Charlton
  • I remember being in Thailand and seeing a van with a charlton window sticker, drive past me......I was so excited by something so simple. This was the dreaded Pardew championship season.
  • I remember being in Thailand and seeing a van with a charlton window sticker, drive past me......I was so excited by something so simple. This was the dreaded Pardew championship season.

Ha - seeing someone you don't know wearing a Charlton shirt in a foreign country is one of the simplest pleasures that fans of the huge clubs will never get to experience!
  • Unfortunately Bali High looks like becoming Bali Low !
  • heading for Bali tomorrow @T.C.E Are you still there?
  • edited September 2015

heading for Bali tomorrow @T.C.E Are you still there?

You should have said, I'd have waited around :)
  • T.C.E said:

heading for Bali tomorrow @T.C.E Are you still there?

You should have said, I'd have waited around
    Got home yesterday mate, take an empty suitcase for the shopping! Drop me a pm if you need a driver $55 for all day! Great bloke, Gordyn Angel he's on fb.
  • Finding a lone wolf male wearing a charlton shirt is a joy when holidaying with FPO. Especially on Saturday and hunting solo for a bar showing soccer Saturday since our demise seeing jeff Stelling going mental is as good as it gets to any live coverage
  • surely there must be a school there called Bali High ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe you actually have conversations with people on holiday!
  • Can't believe you actually have conversations with people on holiday!

Me?
    I do lots of things while on holiday abroad as well as, keep in touch with friends and family via FB along with some drunken ramblings, ask and get updates on our dogs via friends that they are kennelled with, ....... Not forgetting that due to the time differences most of my visits are when my day is done and England is just waking up.
    What do I do besides chat to people in England?
    Visited a Hindu Temple and learnt that although 93% of people in Indonesia are Muslims, 98% of people in Bali are Hindu. We watched that really expensive coffee (from the animal crap) being made while visiting a coffee plantation and over here its £35 a cup I tried it for 2 quid. Spent two days shopping (3 Rolex watches for £4.80 ;) , three days dossing on the beach and topped up the tan, went to see some rice fields, a beautiful waterfall and loads more. But the best time was spent enjoying each others company somewhere hot and sunny eating and drinking in some fantastic places and doing exactly what we wanted. ;)