Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West ham

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Are the London clubs taking it in turns to have difficult periods this season ??

Step forward West Ham, a month ago they were going to win the league, now the takeover is collapsing the team is collapsing, and it looks like the Argies are off in January.

Where is Mortain when you need him ?

Comments

• Options
    Curbs is so, so obviously going to end up there - i reckon sometime mid November.
  • Options
    Good call Oakster, I reckon you could be right.
  • Options
    Mortain eh, he has been a bit quiet on here aint he! Perhaps he was turning charlton and was gettin too attached!

Come on Mortain, whus ya excuse man??
  • Options
    Afternoon ladies & gents, long time no post.

We are indeed having a bit of a mare at the moment. The whole team has seemed unsettled since all this take over talk started.

It was always going to go one of two ways since the media circus rolled in with the argies, unfortunately its gone the wrong way for us.

We're just not playing the way we were last season.
    No width. No attacking with pace & numbers. No efforts from range. No goals. No idea's basically.

Pardew doesn't appear to know what his best side is. He's spoilt for choice up front and is near enough picking a new pairing each game.

I'm bracing myself for a struggle this season.
  • Options
    Good to have you back mr mortain.
  • Options
    Good to see you again Mortain.

'It was always going to go one of two ways' - Not if you had asked a Whammer at the time !

Do you reckon part of the problem was that the signings destabilised in the way that most players took their foot off the gas a bit, thinking they've already made it to the 'next level', and lost a bit of the work ethic ?