Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Jones

2»

Comments

• Options
    Can't see twitter links at work but he is in today's Sun in the 'where are they now' section about working at Tesco and selling sports memorabilia....
  • Options
    He is friends with my sister, he is a nice bloke .
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    I've heard there isn't a huge amount going on in between those ears of his though
  • Options
    He's a nice guy , always gave 100% and scored some memorable goals. Those players from the 1990's - early 2000's didn't earn a fortune but will be remembered long after today's players
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    Just a bit of a thief 
  • Options
    The article fails to mention his charitable work.
  • Options
    Who did he nick off , I've met him and he was a nice enough bloke 

Did anyone not receive what they should have ....eventually?
  • Options
    The article fails to mention his charitable work.
    Is that similar charity work to the Sodje brothers?
  • Options

found this thread on it - https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48183/steve-jones-whats-the-story/p1

theres others as well which seem to imply that it was eventually sorted out but i'm not entirely sure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nice enough, just don't put him in charge of the meat raffle 
  • Options
    Interesting features on him in the book "the nowhere men" about football scouts. He didn't seem to make any money on it, but you could tell he has great passion for football
  • Options
    I purchased a signed photo of the 1998 playoff with some signed from Steve 10th June for £34 but still haven’t received it. We have been corresponding but after reading the other thread I’m starting to become very scepital.

Did this come to a resolution in the end?
  • Options
    Did Jones take money off of people and not supply things relating to the 98 play-off final, or something on these lines.
  • Options
    Did Jones take money off of people and not supply things relating to the 98 play-off final, or something on these lines.
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48183/steve-jones-whats-the-story/p1

Found the info on the above thread.
  • Options
    An old mate of mine used to work with him in Yardleys perfumes, apparantly he was quite a nice fella so a shame if people did lose money.
  • Options
    He has a football memorabilia stall in essex, apparently he is there every weekend. If anyone needs to see I can find out which market it is.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    He has a football memorabilia stall in essex, apparently he is there every weekend. If anyone needs to see I can find out which market it is.
    I wonder if he has any Charlton stuff on there......
  • Options
    I don’t think he deliberately set out to con people, however, for one reason or another things got out of control and the project with Clive became more than he could handle and some punters evidently never have and most likely never will get their promised and paid for items.......though the numbers originally involved were never established. Some got things sorted out but there are still some (once again numbers unknown), who haven’t.
    A nice enough fella but, as others have suggested, he ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to small business administration matters, which no doubt contributed to the shambles it became.....not that it’s any consolation to those who have been left out of pocket.
    I was given to understand by dear old Bernie Wickham (RIP), that one or two of the team at Wembley ‘98 got to hear about it and gave him an earful.
    Clive has distanced himself from any wrong doing (and rightly so), not sure if they are still pal’s nowadays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t think he deliberately set out to con people, however, for one reason or another things got out of control and the project with Clive became more than he could handle and some punters evidently never have and most likely never will get their promised and paid for items.......though the numbers originally involved were never established. Some got things sorted out but there are still some (once again numbers unknown), who haven’t.
    A nice enough fella but, as others have suggested, he ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to small business administration matters, which no doubt contributed to the shambles it became.....not that it’s any consolation to those who have been left out of pocket.
    I was given to understand by dear old Bernie Wickham (RIP), that one or two of the team at Wembley ‘98 got to hear about it and gave him an earful.
    Clive has distanced himself from any wrong doing (and rightly so), not sure if they are still pal’s nowadays.
    All very well but if he couldn’t meet the targets on the goods he should have returned the money. Anyone that knows me knows I absolutely loved the pants (in my head literally) off this man But at the end of the day fraud is fraud. If it was just a general member of the public or a shop selling memorabilia and goods weren’t received as promised, or missing paid for elements and no refund was offered or given, people wouldn’t be so forgiving and certainly wouldn’t put it down to just lack of brain cells.  
  • Options
    All very well but if he couldn’t meet the targets on the goods he should have returned the money. Anyone that knows me knows I absolutely loved the pants (in my head literally) off this man But at the end of the day fraud is fraud. If it was just a general member of the public or a shop selling memorabilia and goods weren’t received as promised, or missing paid for elements and no refund was offered or given, people wouldn’t be so forgiving and certainly wouldn’t put it down to just lack of brain cells.  
    Can’t argue with that sadie.