Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iconic Football Photographs (non-Charlton)

edited September 2015 in Other Football and Sports
We've already got a thread for Charlton photos http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48269/iconic-images-charlton/p1 (though so some of the photos have fallen off the wall and need replacing), so I thought it would be worth a thread for non-Charlton photos.

Dave Mackay reduces Billy Bremner to jelly.

The Black Pearl flies at Wembley.

Jones v Gazza

Maradona v Belgium

Moscow Addicks

And finally, there's some great ones here, especially the Geordie fans: http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2015/may/30/memory-lane-fa-cup-finals-in-pictures

Comments

• Options
    the Bobby Moore / Pele one from the 1970? WC

nice to see Graham Stuart in that top one ;)
  • Options
    Great shot of the late Eusebio there
  • Options
    I'm a Luddite with no knowledge how to find photos or how to put them on here, but the most iconic photo I can remember is one where Bobby Moore is holding the World Cup aloft and Nobby Stiles is dancing around like a kid with his teeth out, they don't make defenders like him any more
  • Options
    edited September 2015

the Bobby Moore / Pele one from the 1970? WC

nice to see Graham Stuart in that top one ;)

Ok at the risk of getting a whoosh, the second photo is Eusabio at Wembley but not (edit) the 1970 or even1966 World Cups (we wore black shorts in the 66 Semi Final) and the English player should be Bobby Moore as our goal was being attacked but looks more like Alan Ball. In the background could be Bobby Charlton to the left with his customary rolled up sleeves and at a guess Nobby Stiles more central.

Edit; Following further research completely wrong on the two teams :blush: nice one @Stig I won't spoil it for the rest of you though :wink:
  • Options

I'm a Luddite with no knowledge how to find photos or how to put them on here, but the most iconic photo I can remember is one where Bobby Moore is holding the World Cup aloft and Nobby Stiles is dancing around like a kid with his teeth out, they don't make defenders like him any more

This picture do you mean... Has to be the most iconic Footballing photo in the history of the game

• Options
    It was very similar, but Nobby was dancing might even had the lid on his head. But yes as you say that phot is the most famous one and therefore properly the most iconic.
  • Options
    the Mendonca 'stance' at Wembley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oops, just read title and realised this was non-Charlton (apologies!)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I give up trying to insert a pic but Gazza dentist chair.
  • Options

Turning on the lights
  • Options

Fans

Goodison?
  • Options

First one is Ibrox for Rangers v Dynamo Moscow after the war.

Second is Everton fans, presumably Goodison Park in the corner near the church.
  • Options

First one is Ibrox for Rangers v Dynamo Moscow after the war.

Second is Everton fans, presumably Goodison Park in the corner near the church.

I'm not having a good day back to bed me thinks :wink:
  • Options

Panache

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top Picture. First saw Terry Venables (left of picture) and Billy Bremner at Wembley in 1957 when Venables captained England Schoolboys against Scotland, captained by Bremner, both, I believe aged 14. I think England won. Most unusually, three of the England team went on to play full international football, Venables and Barry Bridges, both of Chelsea and Peter Thompson of Liverpool while Bert Murray and Alan Harris, also both of Chelsea, played for England Under 23s.

2nd Picture. I was also at Wembley in 1963 to see the fabulous Eusebio and Benifca lose 2-1 to AC Milan. The match was played during the afternoon and in mid-week, in front of a half empty stadium. It is the only time I've been to Wembley and sat down on the terracing to see the game. (It wasn't the best game I've ever seen)
  • Options

This is the famous Jeff Astle header photo, where the photographer captures the effect of the bonce on the ball, which with the equipment of the time was quite something.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Always loved the Materazzi Rui Costa one.

And this was hilarious

Great pic! Apparently some Gooner threw his phone aiming for Adebayor, must be seriously raging to sacrifice your dog and bone lol
  • Options

Fans

The first thing I always think when I see pictures like the B&W one is; what did they do if they needed a piss?
  • Options

Fans

The first thing I always think when I see pictures like the B&W one is; what did they do if they needed a piss?
    The bloke in front got a wet coat pocket. Easier to get away with if it had a scarf in it :wink:
  • Options
    Poor old Billy used to get himself into a lot of trouble didn't he?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    cafcfan said:

Poor old Billy used to get himself into a lot of trouble didn't he?

Lucky Keegan never broke his thumb with that attempt at a 'punch'!
  • Options
    Rikyaard v Voeller