Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking at Milton Keynes Bowl

Hi all

I'm seeing the foo fighters at Milton Keynes Bowl on Saturday. All nearby hotels are fully booked and the train times are not favourable to get back to Gravesend so driving is our only option.

I'm told that if you park at the official bowl parking area, it can take up to 3 hours to get out of there after the gig and they charge £30 for the privilege!!

Does anyone know of any parking nearby that would allow a relatively quick getaway.?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    I've parked at Mk dons stadium before for an event at the bowl and although a bit of a walk, it was fine - can't remember what the cost was though (sorry!)

Also i'm not sure where the official parking area for the bowl is, apologies if it is the stadium, but our experience was fine
  • Options
    I can't help I'm afraid. I got my Wembley Foo tickets refunded & didn't bother with Milton Keynes Bowl, as it's a major pain in the arse, to get to and from.

We got seriously crushed outside the station, after seeing Bowie in about '82. I remember thinking people will die tonight in this crush, (girls & children). I'd never go back there.
  • Options
    I got the train, bt that was about 20 years ago
  • Options
    I've parked locally a few times, usually a bit of a walk to and from but never too bad. There'll be loads of places offering parking for about a tenner from memory.
  • Options

I've parked locally a few times, usually a bit of a walk to and from but never too bad. There'll be loads of places offering parking for about a tenner from memory.

Ok thanks a lot
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm going too!
    Taking the train though and having to leave a bit early to avoid problems, even then we'll have to get a nightbus from London to Greenwich :( Can't complain though as I'm going for free on the guestlist ;)

But yeah, parking there is awful. Took us 2 hours to leave the car park when I saw Kings of Leon there last year. Can't really help you but I'd suggest parking somewhere far away, even if it's an hour walk then you'll still be better off. From what I remember the problems were just inside the car park, there was no issue getting out of MK once out of the car park.
  • Options

I can't help I'm afraid. I got my Wembley Foo tickets refunded & didn't bother with Milton Keynes Bowl, as it's a major pain in the arse, to get to and from.

We got seriously crushed outside the station, after seeing Bowie in about '82. I remember thinking people will die tonight in this crush, (girls & children). I'd never go back there.

That was frightening in 1983, the crush trying to get through the doors and nothing to stop you being pushed into the glass panel between them. Worth it to see Bowie for the first time though :)
  • Options

That was frightening in 1983, the crush trying to get through the doors and nothing to stop you being pushed into the glass panel between them. Worth it to see Bowie for the first time though :)
    There were about a dozen of us. Half girls and half boys. I've never had to try so hard to try and protect the girls from the crush.

There was so much terrified screaming, I genuinely thought I'd get home, to find out there had been a disaster, with a number of deaths.

Pre internet days of course, so don't know how many/if any people were injured.
  • Options
    I've been before and parked in the residential areas about a 30 minute walk away. No pavements, you have to walk on the grass verges.
  • Options
    Went there with Mrs GA to see Robbie Williams as Wembley wasn't finished. Parked at MK Dons ground. It's about 25 mins walk, be careful as the walkways are not on the road and seem to be underpasses and through park areas. So when it was finished we didn't have a clue to get back to the car. It took nearly an hour to get back to the car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Consider parking in the area named "Knowhill". A number of companies located there allow (for a parking fee) use of their parking facilities. It is located off of Childs Way (H6) about 10 mins walk from MK Bowl
  • Options
    I'd look at parking in Bletchley and then getting the train back to Milton Keynes Central. Its about 5-6mins from memory.
  • Options
    Cheers all. Much appreciated
  • Options
    We are going as well! Fortunately have friends in Milton Keynes, getting the train and sleeping over. Not sure about parking.
  • Options
    So you can stay with Johnny and his chums, Chrissy Army as we're all part of the brotherhood
  • Options
    .....d'you reckon there might be space there for a few of the brotherhood on the 3rd of November @johnny73
  • Options
    Seriously if it were my house, yes. Although I'm sure the wife would have an opinion! Unfortunately not my place so no is the answer.
  • Options
    Aww too bad
  • Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys

As it turns out, I've had a right touch this morning.

I spent all day Tuesday ringing round what felt like every hotel in the Milton Keynes area to book a room for the night but everywhere was fully booked.

Had a phone call this morning from 1 of the hotels that's 2 miles away from the MK Bowl to say they've had a cancellation so I'm all sorted.

Many thanks to the Charlton Life community for all their advice as always
  • Options

Thanks for all the tips guys

As it turns out, I've had a right touch this morning.

I spent all day Tuesday ringing round what felt like every hotel in the Milton Keynes area to book a room for the night but everywhere was fully booked.

Had a phone call this morning from 1 of the hotels that's 2 miles away from the MK Bowl to say they've had a cancellation so I'm all sorted.

Many thanks to the Charlton Life community for all their advice as always

Have a good one :D