Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikhail Kennedy

Comments

• Options
    He's a poacher so you've got to think we are looking to get the ball into feet for watt and for him to pick out passes with Kennedy's intelligent runs.

Personally I think he's going to get the shit kicked out of him, get subbed at half time and it will be like pigott vs Millwall.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He's a poacher so you've got to think we are looking to get the ball into feet for watt and for him to pick out passes with Kennedy's intelligent runs.

Personally I think he's going to get the shit kicked out of him, get subbed at half time and it will be like pigott vs Millwall.

That's the spirit.....
  • Options
    "He's a poacher" - we should probably put him out wide then.....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Think he was called an attacking midfielder/striker when he signed for us and has played in various positions.
  • Options
    Shows how desperate we are if he's starting.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

He is definitely a "sniffer" but he's too small and will get bullied by Blackburn. The fact he's on the wing just means he won't get battered as much but still will do well to have an impacct

• Options
    Addickted said:

foxjam said:

C_A_F_C said:

He's a Celtic fan.

I bet the ROI are waiting to pinch him from Northern Ireland...
    Normally players from Northern Ireland choose depending on whether they come from a Catholic or Protestant background. A few exceptions but that's generally how it goes.
    It does seem a bit sad that effectively that makes the N Ireland team virtually all Protestant. Their football association must wonder whether it's worth bringing Catholic players through the international ranks if they all opt to play for the Republic instead.
    I'm far from sure that that is the case
    What if he's a Hindu?

Is that a Catholic Hindu or a Protestant Hindu?
  • Options
    We missed a trick not playing this lad last season, I hope he gets his opportunity 16/17
  • Options
    madadd said:

We missed a trick not playing this lad last season, I hope he gets his opportunity 16/17

He looked to lightweight and disappeared all too often for me last season.

Although this is one area where relegation could be a great opportunity for some of our youth players who might well have been released a few years down the line had we remained in the Championship.

Like Chris Solly a few years ago we went down to League One which alllowed him (and others) to play at a level suited to them... When we were finally promoted to the Championship they were able to handle the jump because they had the experience of playing First-Team Football.

For the likes of Kennedy / Holmes-Dennis / Charles-Cook and even Fox I reckon they'll really benefit from this (IF coached properly)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On another note... How long has Kennedy been with the club...

He's 19-years old yet just saw him mention that Kenny Shiels took him to Kilmarnock when he was 15?
  • Options
    I really don't think Kennedy is good enough.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Not a dig so please dont take my question this way (As part of me doesnt think Kennedy will make it either).

Have you ever said that a player isnt going to be good enough only to be proven wrong?

(i.e. almost like Blackburn rejecting Zidane?)
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Not a dig so please dont take my question this way (As part of me doesnt think Kennedy will make it either).

Have you ever said that a player isnt going to be good enough only to be proven wrong?

I thought Fox wasn't going to be good enough but he is playing in our first team. There were plenty that I thought were good enough but didn't get to play in the first team like Michael Turner. I was also shocked when Harry Arter was released. I watched him from 16 years old and I thought he was a shoe in to play for us for many years. Bournemouth are getting the benefit now.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

I thought Fox wasn't going to be good enough but he is playing in our first team. There were plenty that I thought were good enough but didn't get to play in the first team like Michael Turner. I was also shocked when Harry Arter was released. I watched him from 16 years old and I thought he was a shoe in to play for us for many years. Bournemouth are getting the benefit now.

Dont worry... Plenty still dont believe that Fox will be good enough ;)

Michael Turner I guess probably came through at the wrong time... Curbs was forever reluctant to play youngsters in the Premier League
  • Options
    I don't think that Kennedy will play much for us, he looks too lightweight and has not enough obvious skill to compensate for that as hard as he tries .. c.f. Lookman .. Umerah on the other hand could well make it IF given the chances
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I respect your views on him. But, but....I just have this sneaking feeling he could come good. Although I can't really say why that is! I remember how rubbish John Robinson was when he first pitched up and in my opinion Kennedy is similar in style and has a lot of the same attributes.
  • Options
    Haven't seen much of him but from what I have seen I see Kennedy as having potential to be another Waggy, works hard, maybe lacks skill and ability but has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.
  • Options
    I agree with Dick. Not good enough.
  • Options

On another note... How long has Kennedy been with the club...

He's 19-years old yet just saw him mention that Kenny Shiels took him to Kilmarnock when he was 15?

He joined as an u18 when he was 16/17.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely this lad has to go in, in front of Novak?
  • Options

Surely this lad has to go in, in front of Novak?

To play up front in this system?!
  • Options
    Posted it on another thread but he's being linked with a loan to Derry City.

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city-striker-kennedy-in-talks-with-home-town-club-1-7818582

On playing in our first team, haven't seen much of him but I doubt he'd suit playing as a lone striker.
  • Options
    From what I've seen of Kennedy, I think he could do a good job in the number 10 role. He's fairly quick and is clearly in good form.

Surely he will relish the chance of first team football and could really do well. Otherwise it seems as though U23 football is too easy for him at present and a loan elsewhere into men's football will do him good.
  • Options
    Sage said:

From what I've seen of Kennedy, I think he could do a good job in the number 10 role. He's fairly quick and is clearly in good form.

Surely he will relish the chance of first team football and could really do well. Otherwise it seems as though U23 football is too easy for him at present and a loan elsewhere into men's football will do him good.

This..

His pace isn't the main thing here. It his his intelligence. Makes good runs to get into positions, and the number of assists he has shows he can play that telling ball that strikers relish.
  • Options

Interesting that Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest) scored for their first team the other week
  • Options

Interesting that Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest) scored for their first team the other week
    And three of the top nine scorers play for Charlton
  • Options
    Might be wrong but thought he was playing CAM nowadays, not up top
  • Options
    Good player but being up top alongside Recco makes him look even better
  • Options
    Now seven goals in his last three.