Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hotel recommendation - Venice

edited July 2015 in Not Sports Related
Am thinking of 3 or 4 days in Venice in early Sept, with the good lady. Any recommendations for a decent hotel? Would prefer fairly central location and budget of Max of £ 120 per night. Is that realistic/enough money? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015
    We went to Venice in February. We stayed on Murano here Tbh, no idea how much it cost per night as she paid but the hotel was great.

Not sure I'd like to be central tbh. The boat in from Murano only takes 10-15 mins.
  • Options
    Stayed at Hotel Anastasia in April. 2 minutes from Marco Square. It was about £120 a night and we had no problems. If you like fish you cannot beat Trattoria alla Madonna restaurant (near Rialto Bridge) for dinner.
  • Options
    We stayed at Hotel Casa Verardo Residenza which is about 3 mins from St Marco Square. Check for latest reviews on Tripadvisor.
  • Options
    I would echo the MGallery in Murano - stayed there in May - lovely area (preferred it to main part of Venice). You can use the hotel boat shuttle to get to Venice.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

We went to Venice in February. We stayed on Murano here Tbh, no idea how much it cost per night as she paid but the hotel was great.

Not sure I'd like to be central tbh. The boat in from Murano only takes 10-15 mins.

Good shout. We didn't want to be in the centre so Murano was ideal.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Will look in to some of your suggestions. Regards Melrose

• Options
    On the main island, our favourite restaurant was Hosteria Al Vecio Bragosso. Excellent food.

On Murano, there's a great little place called Osteria al Duomo. They do the biggest Pizza's I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Some great airbnb deals.
  • Options
    We very much enjoyed Hotel Flora, nice courtyard for breakfast and very central