Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can anyone offer advice re problems with ticket market places like Viagogo or Stubhub ?

I had 3 electronic tickets for FC Barcelona v Deportivo. We couldn't attend, because the game was brought forward, by one day, for TV.

I listed the tickets, on Viagogo and uploaded the tickets to them.

2 tickets were sold to one buyer successfully.

The 3rd ticket was "sold", but the sale, was subsequently cancelled, by Viagogo.

The buyer claims, that they were denied entry.

The buyer claims, that someone, had already entered, on "that self printed" ticket.

Now, as it wasn't me, acting fraudulently, obviously the buyer is. Unless Viagogo are just stealing my money.

Probably, the buyer sold the "print yourself" ticket & then entered the stadium beforehand.

The point is. I've looked at the terms & conditions & can't see I have a claim against these.

However, their T&C's, are obviously not robust enough, as I might as well, buy e-tickets on there, attend the events as the doors open & then get a mate, to subsequently, get refused entry on a photo copy.

Brilliant scam, attend events & get refunded on them all.

Now, I'm more than happy, to continue my dispute with them. But I wondered, if anyone, had had any success with this, or any ideas for leverage.

I was thinking along the lines of, threatening to put it all over social media, contact MP, Trading Standards etc.

If social media, which social media ? Facebook, Twitter, but what else ?

Suggestions please ?

Comments

• edited July 2015
    I'm out for the day, so won't be on here for a while.

I'm surprised, no one has commented, as we have, more than a few, consumer rights, champions on here.

• Attach a copy of the T&C and related docs minus any personal info.
  • I don't have much meaningful to say. But, generally, it seems to me from anecdotal evidence that many of these companies (eBay, etc) favour/believe the buyer rather than the seller. I guess this is because they need to keep the buyers sweet otherwise their business disappears.
    It is of note though that despite the .co.uk web address, viagogo is actually a swiss company based in Geneva. Does UK legislation even apply to them? What do their T&Cs say on that?

• I'm out for the day, so won't be on here for a while.

I'm surprised, no one has commented, as we have, more than a few, consumer rights, champions on here.

Do you mean pedants?
  • Legalised touting scum these companies.

• Attach a copy of the T&C and related docs minus any personal info.

As I said, according to the T&C's, I've got no chance. They are hidden away & I can't find them at present.

Suffice to say, the T&C say, that if the buyer is refused entry, then the seller won't be paid & although they may make investigations, they don't have to.

So, as I said, the buyer claims he was refused entry on an e-ticket I uploaded and therefore they have refunded him & told me tough, the sale is cancelled.

I haven't any grounds for complaint under the T&C.

My point is that the T&C favour the buyer and are clearly unfair.

So what can I do, to try and get them to change their mind, via adverse publicity ?

• It depends on how principled you are or how much the money means to you mate I guess.

I'd personally probably just chalk it up to experience.....but then I am a lazy bastard.
  • Clever Bastards - Tut tut :/
  • You lost me at the electronic tickets bit
  • I know its not much help now. but in future if you get the time and the chance to get the tickets posted to you I would. Hate electronically handed stuff.

I had a friend last month go to a concert in Germany with tickets bought through a ticket agency, when he got there they wouldnt let him in and said he had to pay 50 euros more. He told them to poke it.