Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B.B.King R.I.P.

B.B.King R.I.P. "See that my grave is kept clean", hope his people made sure...Another LEGEND done gone.

Comments

• Options
    Now that is a true legend! RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    "The thrill is gone".
  • Options
    RIP Riley B King - king of the blues
  • Options
    How Blue Can You Get?
    RIP The King.
    A sad day for music.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Is it me, or are the classic American black singers dropping like flies at the moment.

What's going on?

RIP
  • Options
    I guess the've reached a certain age.

RIP Riley.
  • Options
    Rip. Up there with Muddy, gonna be a great jam session when they get together. A true great.
  • Options
    Great man, massively influential guitarist and he could sing a bit as well. BB was still playing 200 gigs a year well into his 80's and that reflects his joy of the music.

RIP
  • Options
    Still touring until very recently a real Legend

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it me, or are the classic American black singers dropping like flies at the moment.

What's going on?

RIP

Marvin went a long time ago
  • Options
    "I gave her 7 children, now she wants to give em back".

RIP BB,
  • Options

What's going on?

RIP

Marvin went a long time ago
    I blame the Parent.

B.B.King RIP

• Options
    RIP B.B. We will all be "Riding with the King". Thanks for the music
  • Options
    Saw B.B. King live with John Lee Hooker and Bobby Blue Bland, sadly all three now gone.

RIP BB.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad loss. An artist who put his soul into the blues

RIP Blues Boy.
  • Options
    RIP. Had a good listen to his stuff last night. Legend.
  • Options
    Saw him at Hamersmith in the early 80's and he was superb! Was in the gods but got a good view of Lucille and his smile!

RIP
  • Options
    A real legend and along with Chuck Berry, the major influence (there were many more) on the 50s/60s and 70s British blues/rock development .. after a long and successful life BB, Rest in Peace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP BB, I was lucky enough to see him in concert twice!
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

Still touring until very recently a real Legend

RIP

Yes, I was lucky enough to be able to see him here in Prague a few years ago. But nowhere near as lucky as a local blues guitarist called Lubos Andrst. Aged about 60, Lubos is one of the country's most respected rock musicians but is content just to play small clubs with his band and with other more famous former dissidents. Under communism, Lubos had risked his neck to smuggle in as many BB King records as he could, and learn as best he could how to play. Imagine then how he felt when he was asked to jam with the great man in the middle of his concert. Lubos is famously taciturn when playing with his own band but there he was beaming like a child who has just arrived in Disneyland.

RIP, a true King.
  • Options
    I’m very envious of those who have been able to see the great man and John Lee Hooker.
    Some years ago I was in Memphis when a blues festival was taking place on and around Beale Street (B.B.Kings initials stood for Beale Boy). Many of the performers were the old black guys in suits and hats. sort of John Lee Hooker look alike. Absolutely brilliant.
    B.B. KING has a club in Beale but was not performing when I was there.
    Where I live in Nofolk (Dereham), it’s a bit of a hotbed of Blues music. Once a year the town presents a blues festival that lasts three days with pubs/clubs even the railway station platform present local and performers from afar. This year Mud Morganfield (son of Muddy Waters) opens the event.
    At Norfolks blues society jam this Tuesday, there will be a fitting tribute to B.B. King such an influence to many modern day musicians.
  • Options
    Hi Prague when I was in your beautiful city last I saw Lubos Andrst play in a club and thought he was indeed a fine player and took time to tell him so which he really appreciated. We had quite a chat about the UK blues scene especially back in the l60's when it all really took off. Great that he got to play with the great man good on him I wish I had.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I think Lenny Kravitz absolutely nailed it, he tweeted

"BB, anyone could play a thousand notes and never say what you said in one."

RIP
  • Options
    Unfortunately, no R I P yet for a wicked old blues man:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32881351