Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"I could've been killed!"

Does anyone here know what Charlton-related headline this refers to?

Comments

• Options
    Rowdy belgiums in west stand steal a season ticket holders blanket on cold day in February.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Steve Thompson v Liverpool. December 1986. Tommo gets pushed into an advertising board and a stray nail narrowly misses his heart
  • Options
    Overly aggressive pencil case confiscation.
  • Options
    Buying a burger in the 60's
  • Options
    "I could've been killed - the highlights were applied in all the wrong ways!"
  • Options
    Graham Tutt?
  • Options
    "... I was driving the team bus through the West Stand car park, when I saw, too late, this pothole..."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Risk of heart attack from the cholesterol in 14 chips.
  • Options
    Risk of heart attack from the number of chips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it a misprint from Flanagan?
    "I could have been Killer"
  • Options
    What pedants corrected "I could of been killed" to
  • Options
    Is it the realisation of a poster that he had put an apostrophe in the wrong place?
  • Options

Is it the realisation of a poster that he had put an apostrophe in the wrong place?

It's what was going through your head as you proofread that post 30 times in fear of making a grammatical error.
    (Me too).
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Steve Thompson v Liverpool. December 1986. Tommo gets pushed into an advertising board and a stray nail narrowly misses his heart

Blimey I forgot I started this. It was a rather heavy night!

This is the answer. Any time anybody goes near advertising hoardings, dad would say 'agh! He could've been killed!' And I guess I wondered if anyone else read that headline or remembered the incident. Thompson really did throw himself over and completely disappear from view.
  • Options
    A resident of The Heights after Lawrie Madden's penalty against Newcastle!
  • Options
    That time Danny Green stuck a metal butter knife in his toaster to free a stuck bagel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darren Bent decides to make a sandwich?
  • Options
    Goalkeeper knocked out diving and left with his face in a puddle on the pitch after the referee abandoned the match.
  • Options
    Headline in the local paper after CL's Colin was nearly mowed down by an old lady on a mobility scooter, printed a year after the incident.
  • Options
    Using the bogs behind the main stand in the 60s.

I'm sure that historians could trace the Black Death back to those!
  • Options

Mike Flanagan's words of regret after bumping into Derek Hales at a fancy dress party whilst dressed as a pigeon?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

shirty5 said:

Blimey I forgot I started this. It was a rather heavy night!

This is the answer. Any time anybody goes near advertising hoardings, dad would say 'agh! He could've been killed!' And I guess I wondered if anyone else read that headline or remembered the incident. Thompson really did throw himself over and completely disappear from view.
    Apparently an Argentinian player died yesterday after being knocked into an advertising hoarding
  • Options
    Also could have been Mark Fish and the coffee table or Jim Melrose and Kris Kamara.
  • Options

What pedants corrected "I could of been killed" to

To what pedants corrected "I could of been killed".

• Options
    Man in Row Z after Nicky Baileys penalty against Swindon?
  • Options
    going anywhere near the urinals at the valley pre 1970