Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Window Supply/Fitter

My friend is looking for any recommendations for someone who supplies & fits windows. He keeps getting let down by Cowboys.

Comments

• Options
    Sundridge Window Company did mine, good price and reliable.
  • Options
    Whilst we are on this subject then has anyone got any good experience with door companies?
    Looks like such an expensive job.. to supply and fit etc, a Victorian door.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Looks like such an expensive job.. to supply and fit etc, a Victorian door.

It all Depends on how big the knockers are
  • Options
    Just dont touch Windows 8... Apparently its terrible
  • Options
    About ten years ago we used a firm in Chislehurst called 1st Independent--
    http://www.1stindependent.co.uk/
    Very pleased with their service,price,fitting and in all respects.
    Windows still look as good as new.
  • Options
    pm me I can help or point you in right direction
  • Options
    I know a guy we've used a few times now, Charlton fan too. Inbox me if in need.
  • Options

About ten years ago we used a firm in Chislehurst called 1st Independent--
    http://www.1stindependent.co.uk/
    Very pleased with their service,price,fitting and in all respects.
    Windows still look as good as new.

Another vote here for 1st independent - just done our windows and doors. Discovered that the previous windows had been fixed into metal frames concreted into the bricks - took them days to get the feckers out, but there was no extra charge.
  • Options
    I cannot recommend Brampton Windows more highly. Based in Bexleyheath. They don't play around with fake quotes and then dramatically reduce the cost as others do. They give you a decent quote and then you simply decide if you want the or not. No hard sale. Workmen been there for years. Very tidy, totally reliable. Top firm. Great windows too. Sales guy knows what he is talking about, gives you advice on best configuration, what looks best etc... Please at least get them to quote you.

Don't touch Zenith with a barge pole.,, I could tell you all sorts about them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the advice gents!
  • Options
    I need one window replacing in the side of an outbuilding I was gonna have a go myself though I keep looking at it thinking it can't be that hard. Just need to find a place that sells a cheap window though
  • Options

I need one window replacing in the side of an outbuilding I was gonna have a go myself though I keep looking at it thinking it can't be that hard. Just need to find a place that sells a cheap window though

Some window suppliers have mismeasures, you may be able to pick up the size you need.
  • Options

Where are you based ?
  • Options
    Foots cray
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    http://www.windowsanddoorsprices.co.uk/about-us/

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1117/53897.php (the shop is only open Saturday mornings, but you can ring anytime).
  • Options

I cannot recommend Brampton Windows more highly. Based in Bexleyheath. They don't play around with fake quotes and then dramatically reduce the cost as others do. They give you a decent quote and then you simply decide if you want the or not. No hard sale. Workmen been there for years. Very tidy, totally reliable. Top firm. Great windows too. Sales guy knows what he is talking about, gives you advice on best configuration, what looks best etc... Please at least get them to quote you.

Don't touch Zenith with a barge pole.,, I could tell you all sorts about them!

I used to work for Zenith as a canvasser. Good quality windows but expensive. Their salesmen were the lowest of the low. Scumbags.
  • Options
    MJ White, Dartford. Great value windows, used them twice now, no complaints.