Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 2 Play offs

Will it be third time lucky for the Shrimpers?

Thinking of going to the 2nd leg at Roots Hall as its fairly local to me.

Comments

• Options
    Hope Wycombe do it on account they have a very nice strip club near their ground! :wink:
  • Options

Hope Wycombe do it on account they have a very nice strip club near their ground! :wink:

If it's them they will still be a league lower than us so maybe for the Capital Cup. If we were in League 1 I would have probably most fancied Plymouth. Wouldn't mind Southend. I hope it's not Stevenage because it's a horrible place, the toilets were dreadful and I had to hold right through the game last time there. Also I am not a fan of Graham Westley's style of football. So anybody but Stevenage please.
  • Options
    Plymouth
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    4 players with Charlton connections could play in the Wycombe V Plymouth match

THD
    Ansah (Bench)
    Hayes
    Ephraim
  • Options
    big mistake from the Plymouth manager, game changed when he brought Ansah and Banton on in the 1st leg,
    yet he leaves them both on the bench for the 2nd leg and has 2 players who have struggled to score upfront

they went 1-0 down struggling to make an impact and he never made a sub to try and change it, now 2-0 down its all over for Plymouth.
  • Options
    Plymouth are hopeless and on this showing THD won't be ousting Wiggins or Fox next season.
  • Options
    3 subs at half time for Plymouth, including Zak
  • Options

4 players with Charlton connections could play in the Wycombe V Plymouth match

THD
    Ansah (Bench)
    Hayes
    Ephraim

There are 3 in the other semi
    Pigott for Southend
    Parrett and Walton for Stevenage, who have just taken the lead
  • Options
    Pigott denied a penalty
  • Options
    Southend equalise
    Assist from Pigott.

Plymouth pull a goal back assist from Ansah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear, Barry Corr may become Southend's answer to Yann Kermorgant...
  • Options
    Come on Southend

They deserve it more than Stevenage
  • Options
    Pigott seems to be getting in the way, get yourself in the box!
  • Options
    take penalties for some pain and stress
  • Options
    Pigott off for Weston
  • Options
    got to hurt conceding so late
  • Options
    Just saw Morgan Fox in the crowd.
  • Options
    Cracking goal that.
  • Options
    i want wycombe to go up
    a shittier fixture for the scum than southend
  • Options
    Stig said:

Pigott off for Weston

Forgot about him, so that's 4 players with Charlton connections!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was at Southend. What is the benefit of loaning players out to much lower quality teams? Surely you learn more from being around better people. I thought he wasn't outstanding tonight because of the poor quality around him. If it's all about match practice, I'm not sure that this is the best way to bring players on.
  • Options

Was at Southend. What is the benefit of loaning players out to much lower quality teams? Surely you learn more from being around better people. I thought he wasn't outstanding tonight because of the poor quality around him. If it's all about match practice, I'm not sure that this is the best way to bring players on.

First of all well done to Southend getting to final of play offs, it was a s**t night weather wise but an entertaining game and southend edged iy football wise so the right team won

Whilst I kind of agree with your comment, surely it is good to have potential 1st team players staying match fit and getting competitive football rather than just at the TG? I thought Joe looked leaner, stronger and more than able to last 90 minutes last night and was not bullied off the ball at any time and this is where I do agree with your comment because quality wise and reading the game Joe was head and shoulders above most of the players on the pitch last night, providing a constant outlet for attacking moves and his distribution was intelligent throughout the game. I also think he should've taken the pen - that wasn't a pen? - rather than Cort but hey -ho, it made for another nail biting 30 mins of extra time, I really do think JP should be back into the Charlton squad for next season and competing for a position up front.

Thoroughly enjoyed the fan who ran onto the pitch near the end of the game, he was pacy with a quick turn and neatly side stepped the steward who went for a sliding tackle and managed to escape back into the stand..was funny :)
  • Options
    madadd said:

First of all well done to Southend getting to final of play offs, it was a s**t night weather wise but an entertaining game and southend edged iy football wise so the right team won

Whilst I kind of agree with your comment, surely it is good to have potential 1st team players staying match fit and getting competitive football rather than just at the TG? I thought Joe looked leaner, stronger and more than able to last 90 minutes last night and was not bullied off the ball at any time and this is where I do agree with your comment because quality wise and reading the game Joe was head and shoulders above most of the players on the pitch last night, providing a constant outlet for attacking moves and his distribution was intelligent throughout the game. I also think he should've taken the pen - that wasn't a pen? - rather than Cort but hey -ho, it made for another nail biting 30 mins of extra time, I really do think JP should be back into the Charlton squad for next season and competing for a position up front.

Thoroughly enjoyed the fan who ran onto the pitch near the end of the game, he was pacy with a quick turn and neatly side stepped the steward who went for a sliding tackle and managed to escape back into the stand..was funny :)
    Lol! Yes, the bloke on the pitch was funny. I laughed when they made the announcement near the end about not going on the pitch - I reckon about 3/4 of the crowd came on