Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins

Comments

• Options
    Would only want him as RB, but we are well covered there.
  • Options
    Alan Curbishley. Sure he came back from Brighton and played a bit more for us
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Danny Haynes, plus Danny Mills on loan and back in the 90s Mickey Bennett and Paul Williams too

With Morts, Humphrey, Bennett and Williams it was if Curbs was trying to recreate the Lennie team!
    Always thought Micky Bennett was an underrated player for us.
  • Options
    Lee Cook
  • Options
    Lee Cook
    Strange player. Could never work whether he gave a sh!t or not.
  • Options
    Danny Haynes, plus Danny Mills on loan and back in the 90s Mickey Bennett and Paul Williams too

With Morts, Humphrey, Bennett and Williams it was if Curbs was trying to recreate the Lennie team!
    Always thought Micky Bennett was an underrated player for us.
    Agree.....but that terrible injury completely finished his career at a very young age.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I would have him as an auxiliary right back, right hand side of a 3 and back up midfielder.  Obviously the wages would have to match that so its unlikely.  No way would he get in our midfield atm. 

Agree. But the certainty is that we won't have the same midfield next season.
  • Options
    Discussions like this often appear when one of our old players becomes available. But how many previous players have we re-signed over the years? I can only think of Hales, Flanagan and Gritt off the top of my head. There must be more but it's not a common occurrence.

We had John Vaughan (a keeper) on loan in the early 80's for a little while and we signed him years later, although he only played a few games.
  • Options
    I bet he wished he never said that now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now on QPRs transfer list
  • Options
    Now on QPRs transfer list
    Isnt he out of contract?
  • Options
    Some on here laughed at me at the time, but only a year or so ago I said he was a poor mans Joe Aribo. 

I still stand by that. 
  • Options
    Jason Lee
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cafctom said:
    Some on here laughed at me at the time, but only a year or so ago I said he was a poor mans Joe Aribo. 

I still stand by that. 
    cafctom said:

I still stand by that. 
    A sort of typical modern day footballer for me.  Athletic with an engine.  Will never have the talent to take him past lower echelons of the Champ.  Bad luck with injuries and always gave it his all.  May still be able to do a job in the championship, but night and day when you compare him to someone like Aribo.  Aribo has that touch, that ability to look comfortable on the ball.  Cousins never really struck me as someone who was comfortable with the ball, and his touch always seemed a bit awry 
    I would like to see him have a run as a right back, some where, think he could still do a job in the championship there but he isn't a top championship midfielder and never was. 
  • Options
    I'm actually quite surprised the number of posters who mention about Cousins first touch of the ball. Not knocking it or anything, it's just not something I ever look out for while others seem to remember these details about players who were with us from years ago. Quite impressive and informative how others see and retain this kind of info.
  • Options
    I think some people forget how poor, or perhaps immobile is a better word, the rest of our midfield was when he was here.

I fear his injuries may have affected him now but if not, with better players around him, he would look a lot better and complement them well with his work rate which is not in dispute.

I know a QPR fan who goes regularly and he tells me he really liked the look of Cousins initially but made the point that because of injury he never really got a sustained run at it during his time there.
  • Options
    Cousins reminded me of Wagstaff - loads of energy but not the most gifted technically.
  • Options
    I was reading this thread and had decided my comments, got to last one and it’s the same. 
    I put Cousins with Wagstaff, great to begin with but never improved. Harriett , Kyle Reid the same.
    Gomez, Shelvey, Elliott, Lookman, Pope and remember that bloke Bowyer left and improved.
    or Francis who I am sure a lot of us thought very limited now a Premiership mainstay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm actually quite surprised the number of posters who mention about Cousins first touch of the ball. Not knocking it or anything, it's just not something I ever look out for while others seem to remember these details about players who were with us from years ago. Quite impressive and informative how others see and retain this kind of info.
    He did have a memorably bad first touch though
  • Options
    Well I liked him.

Happy to have him back anytime.
  • Options
    I think he is getting a lot of unfair criticism seeing that he was often played out of position. However I don't want him back if he has any injury concerns. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    1 goal and ZERO assists as a midfielder in 61 total matches in The Championship in 3 years? Easy pass.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if all along his best position was/is right back...but with Solly in his pomp we played him in other positions and became a midfielder.   

He's not on my wish-list for sure.  
  • Options
    QPR are letting him go for a reason....
  • Options
    I wonder if all along his best position was/is right back...but with Solly in his pomp we played him in other positions and became a midfielder.   

He's not on my wish-list for sure.  
    I just wonder, with all of our midfield out of contract, and with an owner who wants to put zero money in, who you think we are going to get?  Would JC get in this team?  Arguably not, but I wouldn't mind him as a minder for Lapslie and Morgan, particularly if we are in league 1.
  • Options
    Cousins reminded me of Wagstaff - loads of energy but not the most gifted technically.
    I'd compare him more to a Bradley Pritchard type of player.
  • Options
    Would definitely have him back. Was decent for us a league higher. Was disappointed when he left.