Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you need a good excuse to not go to a game?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Looks good on the pitch so far, although two games is far too early to make a meaningful judgement, the start we made last season is a good example of why.

We all have our own individual relationship with the club. Some people are interested only in the results and, to a slightly lesser extent, the performances on the pitch. For others, such as myself, there's a bit more to it than that. Excellent performance against QPR on Saturday, I just didn't feel any connection to it, don't think I'm the only one who feels like that either - a lot of long term, regular faces missing on Saturday, including a season ticket holder of 20 years who hasn't renewed and another one gone who's had a season ticket since pre-Selhurst days.

Roland and Katrien have severely damaged my relationship with the club through their (ongoing) catalogue of blunders on and off the pitch since they arrived - they need to work exceptionally hard to win me back and, judging by their handling of the season ticket fiasco, I just can't see that happening.

We could be 15 points clear at the top come Christmas and I'd still be delighted to see them sell up and take their money and their secret plan somewhere else. Others will consider that to be a ridiculous perspective, each to their own I say.

Indeed it is ridiculous, you obviously have no idea what RD has done, and is doing for our club. So theres been a few errors, and a few people were inconvenienced by not getting their STs, obviously the club made a mistake, the club made contingency plans and one poster on here couldn't even bother to engage with, he/she just didn't turn up, its pathetic. One of my sons ordered his on the Friday and it was delivered on the Monday, so for every small error there are thousands who got theirs in good time, and they think the service is good/excellent.

If, the success that RD, KM and GL are chasing with the best interests of the club at heart (and Millions of pounds spent in RDs case), is too much for some then they have a choice, don't go. Its easy. The rest who are more understanding, and realises that there may be a mistake or two, will go to the games, enjoy the football played by the club we love, and bask in the success when it comes along.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

MrLargo said:

Looks good on the pitch so far, although two games is far too early to make a meaningful judgement, the start we made last season is a good example of why.

We all have our own individual relationship with the club. Some people are interested only in the results and, to a slightly lesser extent, the performances on the pitch. For others, such as myself, there's a bit more to it than that. Excellent performance against QPR on Saturday, I just didn't feel any connection to it, don't think I'm the only one who feels like that either - a lot of long term, regular faces missing on Saturday, including a season ticket holder of 20 years who hasn't renewed and another one gone who's had a season ticket since pre-Selhurst days.

Roland and Katrien have severely damaged my relationship with the club through their (ongoing) catalogue of blunders on and off the pitch since they arrived - they need to work exceptionally hard to win me back and, judging by their handling of the season ticket fiasco, I just can't see that happening.

We could be 15 points clear at the top come Christmas and I'd still be delighted to see them sell up and take their money and their secret plan somewhere else. Others will consider that to be a ridiculous perspective, each to their own I say.

Indeed it is ridiculous, you obviously have no idea what RD has done, and is doing for our club. So theres been a few errors, and a few people were inconvenienced by not getting their STs, obviously the club made a mistake, the club made contingency plans and one poster on here couldn't even bother to engage with, he/she just didn't turn up, its pathetic. One of my sons ordered his on the Friday and it was delivered on the Monday, so for every small error there are thousands who got theirs in good time, and they think the service is good/excellent.

If, the success that RD, KM and GL are chasing with the best interests of the club at heart (and Millions of pounds spent in RDs case), is too much for some then they have a choice, don't go. Its easy. The rest who are more understanding, and realises that there may be a mistake or two, will go to the games, enjoy the football played by the club we love, and bask in the success when it comes along.
    And one young lad who "received" his season ticket from two Charlton players that arrived in a three wheel van while followed by a cameraman that was then plastered over youtube. Didn't get his in time for the QPR game!! so all is not as it seems. ;)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

MrLargo said:

He just can't bare the thought of using south eastern to get to the game ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Greenie said:

MrLargo said:

And one young lad who "received" his season ticket from two Charlton players that arrived in a three wheel van while followed by a cameraman that was then plastered over youtube. Didn't get his in time for the QPR game!! so all is not as it seems. ;)
    Yep reinforces my point really, its a small error, not the end of the world and not a reason to end your support of the club, is it.
    However I have been told that the story of the lad never receiving it was a load of tosh.
  • Options

Over the last season or two I have missed rather more games than ever before. Some through work commitment but not all. This would never have been the case five or six years ago.

It's not that our performances have impacted on this. I've been going since 1961 so have endured plenty of lean times.

I think it's football in general that has started to lose me. This has from time to time meant that I could more easily find an excuse not to attend Charlton. I always feel guilty like its something to be ashamed about.

No one can doubt my interest in all things Charlton. My several ;0) postings on here reflect my passion and interest has not diminished that much.

This season I'm going to get back to attending come what may. The club as far as I can see is doing its bit so I feel I must do mine. I'm excited by what RD, KM and GL are doing.

I'm determined to get my Charlton mojo back. As for the rest of football well it can frankly do one.

Well said mate!

• Options

Over the last season or two I have missed rather more games than ever before. Some through work commitment but not all. This would never have been the case five or six years ago.

It's not that our performances have impacted on this. I've been going since 1961 so have endured plenty of lean times.

I think it's football in general that has started to lose me. This has from time to time meant that I could more easily find an excuse not to attend Charlton. I always feel guilty like its something to be ashamed about.

No one can doubt my interest in all things Charlton. My several ;0) postings on here reflect my passion and interest has not diminished that much.

This season I'm going to get back to attending come what may. The club as far as I can see is doing its bit so I feel I must do mine. I'm excited by what RD, KM and GL are doing.

I'm determined to get my Charlton mojo back. As for the rest of football well it can frankly do one.

This an example of what I'm trying to say. Holidays, parties, days out etc etc were all arranged around the fixtures. Anniversarys were spent on lounge passes and expensive meals with former players just to keep the good lady sweet and so I could see the football. My children grew up on Betty's coach and I still follow Charlton on here and wherever I can, but the ummmph I had to attend has gone, trust me hope it returns. A couple wins won't do it, just like a few defeats didn't stop me going.........

• Options
    Greenie said:

T.C.E said:

Greenie said:

MrLargo said:

Yep reinforces my point really, its a small error, not the end of the world and not a reason to end your support of the club, is it.
    However I have been told that the story of the lad never receiving it was a load of tosh.
    I never said, I've ended my support and if you were told it was "tosh" that must be the case.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    T.C.E said:

Greenie said:

T.C.E said:

Greenie said:

MrLargo said:

I never said, I've ended my support and if you were told it was "tosh" that must be the case.
    Ha ha!
    Not you, yes my answer was to your post, I can read, I was following the thread about the Young lad who allegedly didn't recieve his ST, making the point that it's not a reason to quit supporting the club, whether it was tosh or not! Just so you know I'm not saying he quit either.