Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Queen To Abdicate?

Rumours circulating that the Queen is to announce her abdication during the Christmas speech.

Probably a load of tosh but, if you managed to get 100/1 on the Queen's speech being the best watched programme at Christmas, you will probably have the best Christmas ever if she does!

Comments

• Options
    so we'll have this news and then defeat to Cardiff the following day!

Happy sodding Christmas.
  • Options
    "I can't be bothered any more, you're getting Charles. Merry Christmas!"
  • Options
    Macronate said:

so we'll have this news and then defeat to Cardiff the following day!

Happy sodding Christmas.

Dont say that I'm going to the Cardiff game have yet to see us win this season
  • Options

A Royal source told the Telegraph: "If the Queen was going to make a major announcement, she wouldn't do it in a pre-recorded speech that is shown in the South Pacific Commonwealth realms several hours before it is shown here.

"It would mean the end of her reign would officially be announced in Tuvalu, rather than in London. So no, it's not true."

In other words, Naff Orf......

• Options

Curbs 16-1 to be King etc

First proper LOL at an Appleton pic in ages, nice one.
  • Options
    Ah but what if she resigned prior to Christmas and the speech was her formally saying "bye and thanks for having me".
    It would still be the top TV show.

Bookies taking no chances. 12/1 best price and as low as 7/1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was talking to someone recently that it's time she moved on - it would make no difference to her and Charlie can then have a go. It would be great though if he thought sod it and just let Wills get on with it.
  • Options
    Powell would have been good as ruler.
  • Options
    We'll have to change the national anthem.

How will a simpleton like me manage to learn and remember the new word(s)?
  • Options
    Won't believe it until I get her tweet.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

to some of us, he still is.....

• Options

iaitch said:

to some of us, he still is.....

Poyet certainly thinks so
  • Options
    She has always maintained she never would step down, as she made the vow for life. Just ano silly internet rumour in my book...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    The days of monarchs abdicating are over - after Teddy 8 left the nation in "crisis", they have all made a pact to crack on until they get called upstairs. It's part of the terms and conditions of the job.
  • Options
    Til it's on the O/S...
  • Options
    This is never going to happen, you've got more chance of us beating Millwall and landing on Venus.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I was talking to someone recently that it's time she moved on - it would make no difference to her and Charlie can then have a go. It would be great though if he thought sod it and just let Wills get on with it.

About time we had another King Billy.

• Options

The days of monarchs abdicating are over - after Teddy 8 left the nation in "crisis", they have all made a pact to crack on until they get called upstairs. It's part of the terms and conditions of the job.

Actually I think this will be the last of the till the end of life monarchs. Most of the European monarchs still remaining abdicate once they get to a certain age and I think it's probably best for ours to do likewise.
  • Options

This is never going to happen, you've got more chance of us beating Millwall and landing on Venus.

Is Bikey going there to fetch the ball from Saturday?
  • Options
    I know there are some old farts on here but I should imagine all of us on CL are Elizabethans. Will be strange not to have her and Phil the Greek around. I am not a fully paid up Monarchist by any stretch but she is part and parcel of the fabric of our nation.
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect her not carry on only if her health meant she couldn't perform her duties - I'm not a monarchist, but the alternatives President Thatcher, Blaire, Johnson, are too horrible to contemplate :D