Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We have some proper weirdos at the Valley...

edited December 2014 in General Charlton
Only a select couple but is clapping and cheering when both of Blackpool goals were scored in any way constructive? Rest of the game was spent moaning about Peeters being clueless but strangely quiet for 5 minutes after we went ahead. What summed these couple of "fans" up was booing George when he was subbed on. Bizarrely they were having a go at him for winning a header. Get a grip of yourselves.

"I certainly won't bother coming back until Peeters is gone" was one fella's assessment. I don't think you'd be missed mate, you can't call yourself a supporter.

Comments

• Options
    Cheering Blackpool goals, booing a Charlton player, are you sure they were not Blackpool fans lol
  • Options
    Some people just love to hate, it's strange.
  • Options

Cheering Blackpool goals, booing a Charlton player, are you sure they were not Blackpool fans lol

He had all the Charlton gear on. He was definitely an Addick.
  • Options
    People express their displeasure in all sorts of ways. I reserve my venom, for on here.(see post match thread). However, booing individual players or even the team, is not constructive, and serves no useful purpose.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Someone was in my usual seat today, so I sat in front of a family of season ticket holders. Two sons about 18/20 and the middle aged parents.

Within 5 minutes they were saying how bad we were and singling players out, along with some inane comments about tactics. Was the first time I've heard Igor described as lazy too.

It just ruined the game for me to be honest, it may not have been the greatest game ever witnessed but there's no need for the stupid comments right from the whistle.

One day I'm going to buy a directors box and I'll sit away from the rest of you miserable feckers.

So true.
    No drop in the standard of football influences me as much as the toxic negativity I endure at home and away games. Some cracking games utterly spoiled by moaning ignorant twats who couldn't spell fan let alone be one.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Someone was in my usual seat today, so I sat in front of a family of season ticket holders. Two sons about 18/20 and the middle aged parents.

Within 5 minutes they were saying how bad we were and singling players out, along with some inane comments about tactics. Was the first time I've heard Igor described as lazy too.

It just ruined the game for me to be honest, it may not have been the greatest game ever witnessed but there's no need for the stupid comments right from the whistle.

One day I'm going to buy a directors box and I'll sit away from the rest of you miserable feckers.

So true.

No drop in the standard of football influences me as much as the toxic negativity I endure at home and away games.

Good phrase, "Toxic negativity".

• Options
    Cheering an opposition goal is very different from acknowledging that it was a decent goal, you sure they were definitely cheering ? If so that's weird.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Cheering an opposition goal is very different from acknowledging that it was a decent goal, you sure they were definitely cheering ? If so that's weird.

Yes I'm sure. Apart from the fact they were hardly goals of great skill, accompanying phrases were along the lines of "crack on Blackpool, well done!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I know people moan at the football, I've accepted it as an unfortunate part of the modern terraces. But this was above and beyond anything I've experienced before. It was toxic and it's not the kind of people I want associated with our club.
  • Options
    I went back to the pub after the penalty
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I went back to the pub after the penalty

I didn't even go to the game because I knew there would be a penalty.
    The anchor in hope is a great place to avoid the moaners.
    Except that couple getting up to naughtiness in the toilets.
    Still, at least they weren't smoking!

Joke!
    I went to Hereford instead. They go nuts at winning a throw in.
  • Options

I know people moan at the football, I've accepted it as an unfortunate part of the modern terraces. But this was above and beyond anything I've experienced before. It was toxic and it's not the kind of people I want associated with our club.

That's crazy, would rather he was drinking in his seat !
  • Options
    Not an observation of individuals but a chunk of the East stand today:

Full East stand today. Don't know why. At one point Gomez received a good pass on that wing and set off towards the box; big roar of encouragement should have gone up from a full stand of home support right behind him but no. Statuesque that lot, certainly near the North stand end from where I was. Completely like statues. Sign of the times perhaps, and possibly the same at most grounds these days. They barely clapped any of our play either, but did celebrate en masse when Cousins scored.

Funny lot, i make the OP right, not a football crowd as i expect/ hope it to be. Rather than support they seem to just spectate in as passive and as quiet a way as they can. I wonder if moaning is the only form of release for some on matchday. And I doubt very much it's just Charlton where this happens!
  • Options
    Didn't know there was any other sort of Charlton supporter!
  • Options

Full East stand today. Don't know why.

£2 a ticket probably helped, I might not have gone otherwise.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Talking of singling out people - Sat in the East today, some fella in his forties SCREAMING constantly at Tucudean "F***ING MOVE" "YOU'RE S**T, GET HIM OFF AND PLAY WITH TEN", "I'M WATCHING EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING" - literally watching George (rather than the game) for whole time he was on, screaming. Really wanted him to score to shut the c**t up. Everyone around pissed off but no-one saying anything. Including me!

It's really weird. Yes George didn't do much (bar an assist which should have been for a goal), but if he'd played like Vetokele had the whole game I genuinely thing the fella would have had a heart attack and died. Freak.

He was sat near me in the first half (I think it must be the same guy) and then moved for the second half.
    I dont think Charlton is a good place for this man, his health must be suffering.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where did £2 a ticket come from?
  • Options
    Same people who last season probably would have claimed they'd be happy with mid table 'next season' but here we are and they expect us to win the division.

They're all thoroughly annoying and I sympathise with all your complaints.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Where did £2 a ticket come from?
    Adult tickets in the East were available for £2 today
  • Options
    I'm surprised the 'kids for a quid' didn't ask for their money back.
  • Options
    @se9addick Thanks never knew that, shame as I would have taken advantage.
  • Options

I'm surprised the 'kids for a quid' didn't ask for their money back.

I should imagine they excitedly couldn't wait to go home at F/T, get the crayons and paints out and represent the experience in picture form to place on the fridge door with a magnet.
  • Options

He had all the Charlton gear on. He was definitely an Addick.
    All the gear no idea
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    se9addick said:

Kap10 said:

@se9addick Thanks never knew that, shame as I would have taken advantage.

It was quite possibly the worst advertised "special offer" in human history.
    As it was the most full the east stand has been for years ???

what is one talking about???

50p a goal, cheaper than chips.