Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Brown (sacked by Ebbsfleet)

edited November 2014 in General Charlton
Sacked tonight as Ebbsfleet manager

Comments

• Options
    Did I tell you I have a match worn shirt of his signed by the squad at the time?
  • Options
    Did Pete Varney do the dirty deed?
  • Options
    4th in the table, seems harsh.
  • Options
    shame it hasnt worked out. But the transfer budget he's had and the players at his disposal he should've walked the league, if not last season this season.
  • Options
    Jose Riga?
  • Options
    Has the Charlton 'feel' now left Ebbsfleet?
  • Options
    If only Powell had waited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He lost the support of the fans a few months ago, then the players seemed to follow. Last nights 3-0 home loss to gosport sealed the deal.

If there was actually a decent team in the south this year, they would be top by a long margin but each team is as crap as the other.

Can see Maidstone/margate walking it next year
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

He lost the support of the fans a few months ago, then the players seemed to follow. Last nights 3-0 home loss to gosport sealed the deal.

If there was actually a decent team in the south this year, they would be top by a long margin but each team is as crap as the other.

Completely agree with this. Been to quite a few ebbsfleet games this season and the only reason they're 4th is because it's a very poor league this year. No stand out team. A decent team would walk that league
  • Options
    Jamie Day.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Both of them?
  • Options
    Anyone know if Gritt is still there? Wouldn't be completely shocked to see him step up........
  • Options
    Mug anyone?
  • Options
    Poor Steve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone know if Gritt is still there? Wouldn't be completely shocked to see him step up........

There's no mention of Gritt leaving in the statement so I'd imagine he's still there. I would think he'll be placed in temporary charge at least
  • Options
    http://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/home/macca-appointed-caretaker-manager/
    Fleet skipper and Academy manager Daryl McMahon will take charge of the team for Saturday’s home game against Hendon in a caretaker manager role.

He will be supported by assistant manager Steve Gritt, first-team coach David Jupp and goalkeeping coach Ron Hillyard.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Jamie Day.

Is a dick.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

I've been to a few games this season and I think brown lost the players a while back. I have seen them play some pretty decent football, they then lost their ability to pass the ball to one of their own team members. who you blame it's hard to tell but the players have to take some if not the majority of the responsibility.
  • Options
    Shame, they're away to Maidenhead on Dec 6th (10 mins down the road) and I was going. Probly wont bother now.
  • Options
    We want our Charlton Ebbsfleet back.
  • Options
    Really wanted him to succeed there. Really nice guy and not full of himself. Saw them play quite a bit last season and at times they were miles above the opposition, but the bottom line is, with the quality of players available to him, he really should have done much better.

Think that was his one shot at management and will probably go back to being a coach............
  • Options
    Very surprised and sorry that Steve has been blown away.
    Hope he bounces back...and I think he will.
  • Options

Very surprised and sorry that Steve has been blown away.
    Hope he bounces back...and I think he will.

I hope you're right, but if I were the chairman of a football club, I would be thinking if he couldn't produce the goods at a club with the financial clout many league clubs would envy, could he do it at my club, where he's given no budget?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Standing at London Bridge waiting for a train. Saw a guy in an Ebbsfleet shirt. Asked him about Steve Brown. Turns out it's the ex chairman! Says Brown was the wrong appointment all along, but he really likes Varney all the same.