Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Moyes - New Real Sociedad manager

Reported to have agreed terms to become new manager of Real Sociedad according to newspapers here, with Gary McAllister as assistant.

Hope it goes well for him; seems like a decent bloke and deserves a good break after the Man Utd disaster.

Looking forward to a comedy Steve McLaren style press conference in Spanglish as well.

Comments

• Options
    adios amigo
  • Options
    Really don't think Moyes has the tactical nous for Spanish football.
  • Options
    Real Social Dads FC
  • Options
    Confirmed
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Confirmed

He should've been as soon as he left Everton. Rocked the boat & fell out.........image
  • Options

Can't believe you didn't let Paulie tell us.

Agree, It should of been left to Pauli
  • Options
    Pleased for him. I think most of the football world will want to see him do well.
  • Options

adios amigo

Agur, you mean!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

adios amigo

Agur, you mean!
    do I ? ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish him all the best. The fact that United are continuing to struggle lessens the blemish on his CV imo
  • Options
    Tbh, reckon he'll be back in English football before the end of the season.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

in North London maybe?
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

in North London maybe?
    The way things are going...by January at this rate!
  • Options

Wish him all the best. The fact that United are continuing to struggle lessens the blemish on his CV imo

Yes, Louis's struggles have been a big help to his job prospects!
  • Options

Yes, Louis's struggles have been a big help to his job prospects!
    Just saying that his 'failure' at Man U might not look so bad with the benefit of hindsight as a new, high profile manager has come in, spent a lot of money and they're still mid table.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They beat Atletico Madrid on Sunday, so they've got a decent side, just under-performing.
  • Options
    a very good manager. Needed a lot of time at man utd and it seems LVG will get it. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    a decent club in a nice seaside resort town, San Sebastian. If I were him I'd try to stay there for a couple of years at least, San Seb is a lovely place in spring and summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good manager. Unfortunately, like Mark Hughes, he was never beaten by the opposition, only ever the referee or linesman. Was replaced at Everton by a real class act in Martinez so no Goodison return possible.
  • Options
    Was starting to think he might not accept it as it was supposed to be finalised a few days ago. Pleased he has taken the opportunity and it is a bit of a no lose situation for him, as long as they don't get relegated.

British football needs more players and managers to have experience abroad. Our insularity in this regard has surely weakened the national teams.
  • Options
    Great Sid Lowe article:

David Moyes can restore Real Sociedad back to where they properly belong

http://gu.com/p/4384c

• Options
    His daughter will be sorted over there with all the Spanish men.
  • Options

a decent club in a nice seaside resort town, San Sebastian. If I were him I'd try to stay there for a couple of years at least, San Seb is a lovely place in spring and summer

Sounds just like Liverpool
  • Options
    The wrong man for the wrong club at the wrong time. I think he had an impossible task replacing Fergie at Man United. Going to Real Sociedad will give Moyes a chance to "rehabilitate" himself in the eyes of many.
  • Options
    Can't help thinking he will too far out of his comfort zone.
  • Options
    I think he'll do well. Even Van Gaal is struggling at Utd having spent some serious cash. Fergie knew that club was on the decline and got out of there. Winning the league in his final season with that squad proved just how good Sir Alex really was.
  • Options
    edited November 2014